Sunshine repairs....

Fun, Fun 44

Friends just returned from Sunshine last Sunday. Said front of shipped smelled bad enough they didn't go to any shows. The "racing slides", only one working. The second has been down for 4 weeks staff told them, one of their 8th deck balcony bathroom floor flooded with every shower. Customer Service and cabin steward told about it each day. They expected to be fix each day.....never fix entire cruise. STILL have buckets sitting in hallways. What's up Carnival?? The smell here and there occasionally I understand. Bit not same area entire cruise. As well as the buckets around the ship has been going on for many months. Shower....things happen, but fix it!!!

Hope these are fixed in a couple weeks when we go. I recommend CCL and this happens to some first timers.

Kat

had flooding issues in our shower on the Destiny..oops, I mean Sunshine....on deck 6..took us most of the cruise to figure out that the drain couldn't keep up with full pressure showers..once you learn the trick, its fine.. suggest that to your first timers...

As for the rest of the stuff... the consensus is.. 'if you have pictures'...it STILL didn't happen. ;)

We hope the ropes course is functional next January! This was difficult for me to book based on the low satisfaction scores here, but Bill kept looking at the guy's Burger place and the Asian restaurant. Actually, what sold him was the OV "scenic" room directly under the gym with floor to ceiling views. I am completely sold on the service and getting a break. How soon we forget the sound of multiple feet thumping melodically on treadmills above. But those are minor issues compared to sewage odors and dripping ceilings. I hope everyone manages to enjoy their cruises this year as it all gets repaired before 1/3/15;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My worst cruise was on the Destiny too. However I'm eager to find out what has become of her this coming Sunday.

You'll be just fine. Went in Nov, no smells no buckets. We had a great time and would book her again. Just look at the recent reviews on the Sunshine including a couple going on right now. Really hard to believe all the stuff op mentioned. Have a great cruise! :)

You'll be just fine. Went in Nov, no smells no buckets. We had a great time and would book her again. Just look at the recent reviews on the Sunshine including a couple going on right now. Really hard to believe all the stuff op mentioned. Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks for your reassuring post. May I ask what cabin you had? We booked two cabins forward, one on 2 and one on 9. These will be the most forward locations we have booked.

My worst cruise was on the Destiny too. However I'm eager to find out what has become of her this coming Sunday.

I will be looking for your review! Could you take a minute to check out the forward issues mentioned in this post? We would appreciate another opinion. Ty and hope you have a wonderful time:)

We were on the Sunshine in December and a lot of these complaints are over exaggerated IMHO. On embarkation there was a bucket on deck 4 by the dining room and never saw it again after that day. We did see some dripping on the carpet one day and they had fans blowing on it. The only issue we had was our toilet didn't flush. We had to have maintenance every day fix it. It was very annoying. As for the smell. I smelled something the first day for a second and then never again. We liked all the things they did to the ship but didn't like the layout of the ship.

Ouch I was on Destiny when she had air cond and plumbing problems

hope this gets fixed - they spend all that $$ for redo- why not fix the basics?

That was my concern when they released the details of the refurb. It sounded like much more of a cosmetic refurb... yet Destiny was a ship with so many issues with her core functioning that she really needed much more than that. I was glad to hear that they at least replaced the elevators... I recall them being terrible on Destiny.

Did the New Years cruise on Sunshine and had a very nice experience. No foul smell in the main show lounge. No shower issues for us, in fact it was a better shower than I have at home. One of the slides was down, but the ropes course was open when it wasn't too windy. So don't let the bad reviews scare you. May not be a "perfect" ship but I didn't see any big issues. It was a nice, clean and fun ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by sheanpmcmanus

Sounds to me like a little over the top. OP said the smell was so bad at the bow, her friend didn't go to any of the shows. So may question would be did they go forward each day to see if the smell was gone. Or which I think is more likly there was a smell on day 1 so they neve went forward again. As for buckets all over the ship were they all over at the same time. Or did they see 1 some where 1 day and then 1 or 2 other places the next day. As for the shower could have been to much pressure as sugusted on here or any number of other problems that couldn't be fixed at sea. Or could be and this would be werid but just timing a large number of people taking showers at the same time that overloadded the system. We just don't have enough info to do what the true problems were.

Friends just returned from Sunshine last Sunday. Said front of shipped smelled bad enough they didn't go to any shows. The "racing slides", only one working. The second has been down for 4 weeks staff told them, one of their 8th deck balcony bathroom floor flooded with every shower. Customer Service and cabin steward told about it each day. They expected to be fix each day.....never fix entire cruise. STILL have buckets sitting in hallways. What's up Carnival?? The smell here and there occasionally I understand. Bit not same area entire cruise. As well as the buckets around the ship has been going on for many months. Shower....things happen, but fix it!!!

Hope these are fixed in a couple weeks when we go. I recommend CCL and this happens to some first timers.

Kat

We just got off the Sunshine last Sunday... we went to the shows 6 nights... no bad smell any night. One slide did not work... not an issue since the line was never that long. Our shower went down slow one day(there was about a 2 inch lip so now sure how they flooded the bathroom floor unless they kept it running... worked normal all other days. Our cabin was on deck 3... I did not see a bucket the entire cruise and I was on most every floor at some point. Buckets were not an issue on the cruise.

Just got off the Sunshine Sunday. No smells, not one bucket. Plan on doing a review! The cruise was a great time, although I've never seen so many complainers in my life!! Life is what you make of it, and I didn't have to try at all to have a great time!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our worst cruise was on the Destiny. Sounds like it's back.
My third CC was on the Dysentry, we were ok because we were cat 11 or 12 and never eat in the buffet.When you combine an outbreak of Dehli Belly and malfunctioning toilets the smell in certain parts of the ship ruined my partners highlights:)

Kat

If these repairs have been going on since May, I hardly think they will be done in a coue of weeks. I wonder if they will even show up as a charged excursion.