Silhouette 2-D veranda

shofer

Has anyone had a cabin in this category that can tell me where the lifeboat sits in relation to the balcony? There is a photo from Eclipse on this board but I'm wondering if it is lower on Silhouette?

Thanks for any info.

Sue

Those are tenders and not a regular lifeboats in front of the 2D cabins and the top of these are at the balcony railing and their davits extend slightly higher than that railing.. The Sihouette tenders and lifeboats are the same height in front of the deck 2D and 2C balconies as on the other S-class ships. Here are the port side tenders on Silhouette.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299714&d=1390449457

DSC09516a.jpg.84bc41a43016194b43d1ffd7f1d91363.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Those are tenders and not a regular lifeboats in front of the 2D cabins and the top of these are at the balcony railing and their davits extend slightly higher than that railing.. The Sihouette tenders and lifeboats are the same height in front of the deck 2D and 2C balconies as on the other S-class ships. Here are the port side tenders on Silhouette.

attachment.php?attachmentid=299714&d=1390449457

Thanks for the pictures. I guess I didn't check these out well enough before we booked. Too late to change so I we will "tough" it out.

Sue

Thanks for the pictures. I guess I didn't check these out well enough before we booked. Too late to change so I we will "tough" it out.

Sue

"Tough" it out will not be necessary. These 2D cabins are always our first choice, especially if you can get those on the angle of the hump. Great cabin at exceptional price. We have these on the Equinox TA in April. Always our first choice, if available.

We just had 6209 on Silhouette and the balcony is pretty much fully obstructed at the level of the glass. It doesn't hinder looking out if you're standing at the rail, but detracts a little when you're sitting on a lounger.

My husband would still take the extra large veranda over a smaller unobstructed, but I'd prefer to pay a reasonable upcharge and take the best of both worlds if I could.

We actually had originally booked 6212 which was on the angle of the hump on Reflection but our TA called with a better deal for Silhouette and that cabin wasn't available. Looking at the deck plan I picked 6206 because it didn't show the lifeboats and tenders.

We were on Deck 6 on Summit but the lifeboat was below the glass and it was not an obstruction at all. Well, live and learn. Next time I will make sure we book a 2-A.

Sue

Edited by shofer

What are the lowest balcony categories with unobstructed views on the M and S class ships? 2B? Are the X notations of obstructed views accurate? Having an obstructed view would be my quickest way to divorce court.

Lowest on S class is 2B. And yes the website is accurate, on this at least! I can't speak to M class.