Are the Category 1A verandas bigger on the Reflection?

Coloradocruiser01

I am currently booked in a category 1A on the Reflection and I was told that the verandas were bigger because of the angles of the ship. Has anyone booked one of these cabins and can you tell me if this is true? I can get a concierge veranda for $20 more for the cabin. Is this a better deal?

I am currently booked in a category 1A on the Reflection and I was told that the verandas were bigger because of the angles of the ship. Has anyone booked one of these cabins and can you tell me if this is true? I can get a concierge veranda for $20 more for the cabin. Is this a better deal?

You are right. A1 and also some C2 cabins have larger balconies. In the link below 9237 and 9241 have balconies approx three times the depth of usual balconies. 9239 and 9243 balconies are about twice the size. This is the same all the way through the ship. First and third balconies on the angle are the biggest, second and fourth balconies are the next largest.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=RF#deck_plans/explore/ships/deckPlans.do%3FshipCode=RF

As far as $20 extra for concierge it would depend on if it is one with a larger balcony or not. There are a few extras you get with concierge, some people think it is worthwhile, others don't. Here is a link regarding concierge

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_concierge_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

Sorry I just noticed the link doesn't open the deck plan. Select deck 9 and you can see what I am talking about

Edited by Pean
Deck 9 not showing

Any class cabin on the angle will have a bigger balcony. We were in a C2 on Reflection, booked a 1A on the angle on Equinox for our next. The only reason we booked the C2 was for the Captain Club bonus point. We don't see us making E+, no need to pay more! the extras were not worth it! for us at least:D

Any class cabin on the angle will have a bigger balcony. We were in a C2 on Reflection, booked a 1A on the angle on Equinox for our next. The only reason we booked the C2 was for the Captain Club bonus point. We don't see us making E+, no need to pay more! the extras were not worth it! for us at least:D

We will probalby make E+ in 3 years if we take the same amount of cruises that we are taking now. As of now with the drink packages available it is really nothing to get excited over or chase after.

Zenith will not be in this lifetime.

I said to my wife it is too bad that we didn't cruise with Celberity instead of those other cruise lines. But we enjoyed them and had a great time on them. I calculated a what if and if we combined the 25 cruises on the other lines we would be E+ but Zenith is still out of reach.

So actually we are better off because we have the higher benefits for 3 other lines and have many options for choosing a cruise instead of being tied to one. Plus choosing a cabin now on X will be based on more than chasing after points.

.��������

Edited by miched

I think I will stick with the larger balcony rather than upgrading to the concierge level cabin. More points does nothing for me.;)

The only reason I book a concierge on the S class ships is for the extra points. Once i make elite, I'm going back to my beloved 1A cabin. :-)

On M class, concierge gets you a little bit more cabin space so on those, I'd recommend it. On reflection, not so much unless you're into the little extras (and the extra captains club points).