Coral Photo Review Sailed on Jan. 8/14

wilfros

I loved your review and am very excited to sail on the Coral in July on an Alaskan cruise. We have been on the Island, sister ship to the Coral and loved it. Your photos are stunning.

Thanks so much.

R26copy.jpg

Edited by wilfros

I am happy you enjoyed the review.

If I tell you that the review was slanted and then tell you a bunch of bad things would you let me have your tickets so you don't have to endure such an experience??

I am willing to do this for you and I checked my calendar and I am free to go!

Let me know, I'm willing to do this for you! :D

Really??? You would do this for me? How kind, but I think I can just abut force myself to endure the ordeal;)

This could be done out of Anchorage prior to the cruise or a few other locations. Actually I would fly into Seattle and do it out of Friday harbor then cruise north (or vice versa)

Thanks, Alaska is on my bucket list. The problem is that I would like to kayak with the whales therefore a land vacation for Alaska may have to be taken in lieu of a cruise.

Really??? You would do this for me? How kind, but I think I can just abut force myself to endure the ordeal;)

NO!!! REALLY!!! I would do this, just for you. AND .... I would write a really nice review when I get back, again just for you!!!

What more could you ask for??

Edited by wilfros

Super review, thanks - DW and I going on Island for Full Transit April 1 2014.

Off topic question - do you know if the picture of the Saxonia is from Liverpool ? Looks like the Liver Building.

I was just so happy to get a photo of Saxonia that I didn't pay attention to the source and the information provided. Sorry

Enjoy the full transit.

This could be done out of Anchorage prior to the cruise or a few other locations. Actually I would fly into Seattle and do it out of Friday harbor then cruise north (or vice versa)

You know what, I actually had not thought of that. thanks I will do some searches on the web. Alaska would be fun.

Thanks, Alaska is on my bucket list. The problem is that I would like to kayak with the whales therefore a land vacation for Alaska may have to be taken in lieu of a cruise.

We did a week on land before the cruise south from Alaska to Vancouver. They have lots of different plans for the land part so I am sure you will find one that would allow you to knock another item off your bucket list. Our favorite part of the land tour was Copper River. We went out on an airboat to an old mining camp. It was wonderful. Our bus driver went with us and fished while we toured. (Our guides had loaded rifles in case of bears!) When we got back to the boat, the driver had 5 salmon ready to go back home to his family! The whole tour was grand! But we found that it is best to do the land part first and then you can enjoy the cruise more!

Good luck!

I forgot to mention this interesting side note.

In all the cruises, and for that matter, in all the vacations we have ever taken I have never seen so many fights between couples.

I'm not talking about small little spats about who left some little thing back in the cabin but knock em down, drag em out fights.

In one case, on the pier of Aruba, she was cursing and swearing at him, thew some sort of keys at him and stated she was heading back to the cabin to get her passport and fly home and that he could do whatever he wanted.

Between DS, DW, BIL and I we counted 9 similar incidents during the course of this 11 day cruise.

So much for the Love Boat!!! It certainly did not exist on Coral for this particular cruise :eek::eek:

Edited by wilfros

Thank you for all the tips about the CORAL . This will be our first trip on a PRINCESS ship. We are also staying at the same motel.

kathydallas

Kathy

If you are staying at the Roadway Inn I suggest you use the free transfer to the ship BUT ... if there is more than just Coral in port on your return don't wait for the transfer back to the hotel.

We stood outside, in the crowd for over 2 hours and finally gave up. We took a cab and the cost was below 20 dollars.

My advise, get off Coral find a taxi and get out of there. Miss all the chaos.

Have a fun cruise.

Thank you very much for the tip about the pick up after cruise. The very same thing in GALV. Jerry was not happy all the way back to Dallas.:)

Of all that I had to say during this review, I think this is the best advise for anyone staying at Roadway Inn.

Have a GREAT cruise and try not to go home mad!! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Wilfros. We're in the middle of another snowstorm where a foot of snow is predicted, I just spent the last few hours totally entertained reading your review. You did an amazing job! It was well written and the photos were fantastic. My husband and I will be sailing The Coral on April 6. First Panama canal cruise. I can't wait. You have made my expectations very high. Thanks so much for sharing.

Edited by mimi217

Wilfros,

Bravo for a great review of the cruise. We will also be on the April 6th PC cruise and enjoyed your insights on the ship and excursions. I also told my DH about the intensive spousal training program and that I would let him know when he is ready to graduate

Winter go away. We put out a summer flag hoping it will scare away the snow

Thanks again for bringing smiles to our faces.

Joan

• 3 weeks later...

I realize I'm coming a little late to this party. We just booked the Coral for the same cruise - Feb 2015. Loved your narrative and the pictures. I enjoyed going along with you and your family for such a nice trip!

Thanks for sharing.

Kim

I realize I'm coming a little late to this party. We just booked the Coral for the same cruise - Feb 2015. Loved your narrative and the pictures. I enjoyed going along with you and your family for such a nice trip!

Thanks for sharing.

Kim

Thank you... I couldn't believe you even found this thread. It must have been way back at about page 15 or even more.

I am glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by wilfros

I was just so happy to get a photo of Saxonia that I didn't pay attention to the source and the information provided. Sorry

Enjoy the full transit.

OK thanks - we are originally from Liverpool, England. Hence the question.

Thanks for the great review and the pictures. We sailed on the Coral Princess for a partial Panama Canal cruise in January, 2004, and I can attest to the rolling of the ship. We were upgraded to a mini-suite on the Baja deck very far forward (three cabins from the bow end of the corridor). We had gale-force winds seven of the 10 days of the cruise and, needless to say, it was very uncomfortable. We could not use the Promenade deck for those days due to the high winds.

We're going again in October of this year. Hopefully, we will have a better cruise.

Thanks for your wonderful review and fantastic pictures. We did the full transit two years ago and are repeating it again this April!!! To all of you who are hesitant about taking the smaller ship and longer cruise, you won't regret booking this cruise!! We loved it!!

I do want to add one thing that brought back a memory. The photos of the parrots in Cartagena. DO NOT FEED them with your rings on!!!! Not even thinking that they like to go for shiny things ( had a parrot once bite my ear because of the earring I was wearing) anyhow the parrot latched on to my finger drawing blood. It wasn't bad enough to require medical attention but for a few days I was worried that the bite may become infected. Thankfully nothing happened.. Don't think I'll be feeding the parrots in Cartagena this cruise!!! Lesson learned!!!!