Best Ship for New year's Eve

Evangaline

We've been on two NYE cruises on Carnival Ecstacy and Triumph. NYE celebrations were about the same on both and probably about the same on all Carnival ships. You get hats and noise makers in your cabin that evening. They give complementary champagne all evening. There are parties in all the bars and venues. Most crew members get to come out and party with the guests. In the past, they had a really great band on Lido and the whole deck was crowded with a party atmosphere. No fireworks, but at midnight they blow the ship's horn. Christmas and New Years cruises are generally more expensive but they do throw a great party.

Here's hoping you have a great time on a NYE cruise. Bon Voyage!

I've been on the Ecstacy and the Dream.

Both were very good, although I wore myself out on the Dream (had a few days prior to NYE) and fell asleep by midnight :rolleyes::mad::(.

But I heard it was packed, loud, champagne flowing freely (I know it was on the Ecstacy). They also hand out party favors.

I think all ships have similar celebrations so we pick based on port (where we can drive) and itinerary.

Can't beat this view for a NYE cruise (or anytime).

c123c63e-302d-4e2c-b3ff-044f13f12327_zpsbf93898b.jpg

Edited by fuddrules

I've been on 7, yes 7 New Years cruises. I have loved them all. My favorite however have been the ships with the big screens on deck as they show the actual ball drop from New York at midnight. The other were great as well, they do a count down, confetti, free champagne and party favors. A balloon drop in the atrium area. New Years cruises also have free champagne at embarkation and foe 3 or 4 hours afterwards. Looking to book number 8 while they have the $50 deposits going:D

We spent the last 2 New Years aboard the Breeze. It's like being in Times Square NYC! Definitely an experience of a lifetime.

I was looking at the Breeze for NYE 2014. Too bad it's only a 6 day cruise :(

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app