Price drops and getting lucky?

RubyGold

So, I'm still really new to all of this and don't quite understand what the price drops mean in terms of getting something back.

I don't know what rate I used when I booked because I just called them. I always pay the total on booking because I get cashback on my credit card for things like this.

Now, I've been looking and the cabin I have (7201 on Glory inside with picture window walkway view) is now on sale at almost $450 less than I paid.

From experience, has anyone gotten lucky and got credit on their sail & sign or cash back?? I'm not greedy by any means but if I can get some credit for some drinkies then I'm going to go for it!!

Shall I just try and see what they say?

When is your sailing??

You will only be entitled to a price drop if you booked early saver, it is before the final payment date and it has to be for the same cabin type and category. If you are unsure which rate you booked it will be on your docs - or you could just call and ask.

Never hurts to call and ask...the worst they can say is no! ;)

Let us know how it works out. Good luck!

Edited by happy cruzin

Yes, never hurts to call and ask. Last cruise I didn't book early-saver since it was a really good deal at the time. When the price dropped right before the cruise, I called and they told me that the best they could do was upgrade the room to one more level... where they had openings didn't appeal to me (I prefer having a floor of cabins above and below, less noise). Two cruises I have pending are both early saver.

Just note, that though the cruise may be less, it is the total price that matters. So, if you have an upgrade (say to a higher deck), that factors into the price as well.

And, if you did NOT book Early Saver, and you are PAST final payment, call and see if you can get an upgrade. That is allowed, depending on the capacity of the ship. You have NOTHING to lose, and EVERYTHING to gain!!!:D:D Keep us posted, and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Sailing is March 30th. I'll wait and call on Monday. Maybe I'll get lucky (or the person on the phone will feel sorry for me!!) and I'll at least get some credit!

I think I'd like to keep the same cabin as it's an inside front facing with walkway view, which looks pretty nice. Plus cabins only above and below for some peace and quiet!!!

Thanks guys!!

Sailing is March 30th. I'll wait and call on Monday. Maybe I'll get lucky (or the person on the phone will feel sorry for me!!) and I'll at least get some credit!

I think I'd like to keep the same cabin as it's an inside front facing with walkway view, which looks pretty nice. Plus cabins only above and below for some peace and quiet!!!

Thanks guys!!

Why wait until Monday!

Take a screen shot of what you are looking at to "prove" the rate you are seeing. It could go back up at any time and you will want to have a copy of what you saw!

But...sailing in March I'm pretty sure you are past final payment. So the "upgrade" request may be your best bet. :o

Thanks guys!!

Never wait, someone at Carnival should be able to help you right now.:cool:

So I called and they said final payment date was Jan 14th (so close!!)

So she said she couldn't do anything. Maybe I should call again later??lol

Sorry. :(

True...OBC isn't an option after final payment except for ES - because that's when they start to cut rates to fill the rest if the ship.

Curious....did the offer you an upgrade??

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

So I called and they said final payment date was Jan 14th (so close!!)

So she said she couldn't do anything. Maybe I should call again later??lol

Calling again won't get you any OBC. The best you can hope for would be an upgrade, but that's not a sure thing, especially during spring break time like your cruise falls.

Thanks guys!!

Its really hard when we play the price game, but as you said in your comment you like the looks of your room and the way I look at it, if I wasn't happy with it at the time I booked it I wouldn't have booked it! HAVE AN AWESOME CRUISE AND ENJOY!!!!!:D

That is why I book ES. It works for us. Normally when I call to make our booking they quote me ES if it is available. We cruised Hawaii for 15 days in October and had $800.00 OBC. Made for an inexpensive cruise.

You said you liked your room,etc. so that should help. Have a great cruise. When you booked ES might not have been available as it has to be about 7 months or longer out. Just wasn't meant to be but you will be on a cruise so what can be bad?