Aft Penthouse Jewel

footballbabe3

Going to Alaska, huh?

If I were you, I'd go read this post:

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40079582&postcount=45

It's got all the reviews from Alaska 2013 categorized by ship. You'll see mine from the Jewel in there amongst the others.

Folks are partial to both ships. I've been on both but in a suite only on the Jewel. Having done the Jewel twice in Alaska, I would love the opportunity to try the Sun in a suite...

Go read some of the suite reviews and get a feel for it.

Edited by triptolemus

We've only done the Haven 2 bedroom on the Jewel, but our first NCL cruise was in an aft penthouse on the Sun. We LOVED it due to the door between the bedroom and living room and found the 'pass through' bathroom to work well for us. There are doors to the balcony from both the living room and the bedroom, although the balcony is somewhat narro on deck 9 and the view is a little obstructed when seated since the railing isn't glass, but rather metal. (Or at least that's the way it was in 2008.). We would DEFINITELY choose an aft penthouse on the Sun.

Separate from the suite itself would be where you get to eat breakfast and lunch. On the Jewel, it overlooks the main pool area. On the Sun... I think not, but not certain.

On the SUN it is in the Il Adagio restaurant with beautiful seating along windows to the sea. Its on deck 4/5 and a beautiful setting!

Separate from the suite itself would be where you get to eat breakfast and lunch. On the Jewel, it overlooks the main pool area. On the Sun... I think not, but not certain.

There are no views to pool area from Cagney's on Dawn class and Jewel class ships (unless they use the overflow area but we've never eaten breakfast or lunch there, only in the main dining area of Cagney's), only views are to the jogging track surrounding the pool deck or out to the sea.