live from the qv world cruise..

roscoe39

Thank you for the updates!

Well BA is stunning, even through a torrential rainstorm.

There was shuttles to the city and most of the tours quickly filled

When people saw the weather but as long as you had a brollie

It's been a great adventure

Taxis here very affordable so have seen most of the top sites

And after seeing the quality of the clothes have given my Amex a run for

It's money.

I'm sure the economic recovery soon to be reported will relate

Directly to my new debt

... In a great cafe. Stunning coffee here... Suns trying its best so

Will go and encourage it a bit.

We depart early...I think because river is tidal,

Regards roscoe

Not to be left out…we have had a vote.. and here is our contribution to the board of world cruise blogs.

http://roscoesseafever.blogspot.co.uk

getting blimmin cold out there…we are all on the search for icebergs!…all looking forward to rounding the horn today around 4pm… very dramatic landscape on the starboard side as we approach the bottom of the continent..

internet very patchy if you are wondering why you haven't heard from loved ones on board…oh that and the copious amounts of alcohol being consumed at the cocktail parties….

http://roscoesseafever.blogspot.co.uk

regards roscoe

Roscoe

Like many posting here I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog. I paticularly liked reading about your QM2 voyage with your mother; sounds a blast. However, it is the mention of your table companions Bryce and Elizabeth that has drawn me to post this. By any chance are they Scottish with the surname Baxter?

Keep up the great posts.

Edited by candhu18

getting blimmin cold out there…we are all on the search for icebergs!…all looking forward to rounding the horn today around 4pm… very dramatic landscape on the starboard side as we approach the bottom of the continent..

Tks for your report. We had a dinner party at home dedicated to QV surrounding Cape Horn and watched the on board web cam. We had booked this trip too but due to the unexpected death of my business partner we had to cancel on very short notice.

Hopefully the satellite conection will work at the glaciers.

Have a safe trip up north.

Roscoe

Like many posting here I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog. I paticularly liked reading about your QM2 voyage with your mother; sounds a blast. However, it is the mention of your table companions Bryce and Elizabeth that has drawn me to post this. By any chance are they Scottish with the surname Baxter?

Keep up the great posts.

hi…sadly no…they are american….but I'm sure your scottish couple ar ejsut as much fun! just trying to load ushuaia…it was…eventful and as i write we are passing huge huge huge mountains covered in snow and its pretty awe-inspiring. I can only recommend this trip if cunard ever does it again..its been a cruising highlight….\

Tks for your report. We had a dinner party at home dedicated to QV surrounding Cape Horn and watched the on board web cam. We had booked this trip too but due to the unexpected death of my business partner we had to cancel on very short notice.

thanks guys…trying my best considering marie is still under armed guard… passing lots of ice and glaciers, lights have just gone out …its 10.15 and they have 17 hours of daylight here….

punta arenas tomorrow….shoudl be another great day in adventure land..

thanks guys…trying my best considering marie is still under armed guard… passing lots of ice and glaciers, lights have just gone out …its 10.15 and they have 17 hours of daylight here….

punta arenas tomorrow….shoudl be another great day in adventure land..

Thanks! I look forward to following your voyage :)

the next glacier is coming up right now if any one is watching not he web cam…pio glacier…. should on the right of the screen…

been passing ice for the last hour or so that has calved off it…will be here till about 11pm out time…..

Nice and close now

2ijkvfn.jpgnpl5wh.jpg

thanks for putting those up ray, i tried earlier but was unable to get them loaded in an economic time, just trying to upload some now to the blog with a run down of yesterday….today will be another hard one to formalise in words…was pretty awe inspiring. As i have said before…it should be on everyones bucket list and we are very very lucky to experience it….

ps…they bought around hot soup ,croissants and blankets, just like in the old days of the QE2…

aaaaahhhh those were the days…

regards roscoe

http://roscoesseafever.blogspot.co.nz

Hi again,

Really enjoying your blog and your voyage through the Chilean Fiords mirrors the voyage we did two years ago around the same area and your photograph of the 'blue glacier' matches the one I took on that voyage.

We did communicate a few months ago re Staterooms 1111 and 1113 on QV. Might you be able to post a few photographs in and around the cabins? You said you had some but could not find them in your albums!

Continue to enjoy your trip and continue providing the readers pleasure in such an interesting blog.

Dave

Very much enjoying your blog!

hi thanks…its nothing just a few words scribbled together…

as for the pics…unfortunately it takes a bout 20 minutes per picture to upload on the satellite so you can understand that I ma a bit economical with my time doing so. I have some pics of the companion way and of my stateroom which is on 1 and if there is a free connection and i have time in valaparaiso ill see if i can.

last formal tonight for 700 on the ship…there is a big changeover happening there…..

glad im not one of them….havnt had my fill yet.. been one of the best trips I've done.

hi thanks…its nothing just a few words scribbled together…

as for the pics…unfortunately it takes a bout 20 minutes per picture to upload on the satellite so you can understand that I ma a bit economical with my time doing so.

Roscoe, you tell us something different every day, and it's things that most of us don't know. You make me want to cruise to parts of the world that I had never before thought of visiting, so thank you.

I have my own holiday blog for friends, and I prepare it all on the ship, put the words and pictures on USB stick or on the laptop, and then look for internet cafe on shore or a wifi cafe close to the ship so that it's worth taking my laptop on and off. However, by my last cruise I had decided it was taking up too much of my precious port days and I left it until I got home. Like you, I found that photos took too much time on board ship and I was not prepared to spend that internet time and money.

It should not take 20 minutes to upload a photo. The only time I've done it from a ship was my first blog, on an Oceania cruise (ship - Riviera - only 2 months old) where I had lots of OBC and nothing to spend it on. I thought things were bad if it took 5 minutes per photo. (Actually, I discovered that when we were in port, they often tested the aerial, and that meant I had unlimited free internet connections at those times. The internet man knew what was happening and did not mind. I've never found that on Cunard.)

Roscoe, you tell us something different every day, and it's things that most of us don't know. You make me want to cruise to parts of the world that I had never before thought of visiting, so thank you.

.)

thanks…trying to find some time to write up yesterday…seems they have saved the best lectures till the last day for most…so its panning out to be a busy day.

tomorrow 700 get on and off…it will be a busy turnaround day…

apparently they ran out of booze in the liquor store the other day…they had a big sale and were swamped…picked up some great cigars for $5 a stick…so bargains still to be had on board…

over cast…but all the pool chairs are out again so they are obviously hoping for some fine weather coming our way….

regards roscoe