Great Times on Indy! ~ A Big Review With Lots of Pics!

Great picture review of the Indy.

Below is a pic of the Solarium Pool on the Freedom. Indy is the same class as Freedom.

100_1459.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting that, it shows the little swim up bar better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think you should do it on our cruise AL_M :D:D

LOL be careful what you wish for ;)

If you get unlucky enough to meet me on board you will soon learn i am not one to say in two words what can be said in ten :p

That being said yeah i really should do a review as i enjoy and take so much from everyone elses

that been said it always seems when i come back i find it takes me ages before i have the spare time to do it

And by then i have forgotten most of what i wanted to say (it's an age thing :) )

PS i should be fairly easy to spot on ours I will be one of the Kilt wearers

but I have a green jacket with mine instead of black :)

Great Review! Thanks! We sail on the Indy on the 15th of February. Trying to decide which night to dine at Chops. Any suggestions?

I enjoyed going the first night, the dining room is usually pretty hectic, and you avoid the big crowd of folks who like to line up outside a half hour early.

did you by chance take any pictures of the menus, especially the 8th night?? Going in December on a B2B, birthday present.. lol

Unfortunately I did not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Day 7, San Juan:

Six o’clock in the morning is way too early to wake up while on a vacation. But that’s exactly what I had to do since we had to do. Someone decided that a great time for a cruise ship to arrive in San Juan is 7:30 am. Then they followed up that brilliant idea with the notion that the ship should then leave at 3 pm. That person should be ashamed.

We had a hurried breakfast in the Windjammer and went into town. We met our shuttle at the pier and began the hour long ride to the El Yunque rainforest for a hiking excursion. The ride up the mountain to the park is not for anyone that suffers motion/car/sea sickness. The winding roads rough roads don’t agree with heavy parking shuttles. We picked up our tour guide on the way into the park. He provided backpacks to those without them; they had bottles of water and light snacks inside.

The hike through the rainforest and down to the waterfall was fairly easy. There are moderate to steep inclines, but the trail is totally paved and has steps where they’re needed. The waterfall and surrounding rainforest were beautiful; there were absolutely no mosquitoes or any other biting insects. It was a pleasant experience all-in-all. We took the remaining hour to walk around old San Juan for awhile before going back to the ship.

Very nice pictures!

Did you book this tour through the ship or independent? If through the ship, do you recall which excursion was it?

El Yunque Rainforest Hike - SJA8

Rain Forest Nature Walk to Waterfall Adventure - SJ86

Also, do you remember how long it took for the hike in total? I.e how much time was on the bus, and how much time was hiking and enjoying the waterfall?

Thanks,

Brad

Nice review you did and great pics. (planning on stealing some of the :)

Was on this cruise with you and did same cruise same time same cabin last year. Hope you don't mind but would like to add a couple things. Love the Indy and the 8 nt int.

The service in the MDR, housekeeping and Diamond lounge was the best of any cruises we have taken. Outstanding crew.

Did notice from last January to this January there was about 25% less offerings In Café Promenade and Sorrento's. they cut out a lot of selections.

We did MTD seating and there is definitely some wear and tear in that area. Ripped curtains and broken shades. The carpeting in our hall was a little worn.

There are a LOT of rambling announcements. That Joff loves to ramble on.

We were late leaving as a passenger was removed from the ship by ambulance after the muster drill. Sure hope all turned out ok for them.

Thanks again for sharing your cruise with us! I'll be back aboard Independence in just about 3 months and enjoyed your photos and commentary very much, aids in the anticipation for sure.

Oh, and I concur - your waterfall photos were simply beautiful, regardless of how you took them. Thanks!

Very nice pictures!

Did you book this tour through the ship or independent? If through the ship, do you recall which excursion was it?

El Yunque Rainforest Hike - SJA8

Rain Forest Nature Walk to Waterfall Adventure - SJ86

Also, do you remember how long it took for the hike in total? I.e how much time was on the bus, and how much time was hiking and enjoying the waterfall?

Thanks,

Brad

We booked it through RCI, it'll take me a bit to find the code, I'm not sure which it was.

Nice review you did and great pics. (planning on stealing some of the :)

Was on this cruise with you and did same cruise same time same cabin last year. Hope you don't mind but would like to add a couple things. Love the Indy and the 8 nt int.

The service in the MDR, housekeeping and Diamond lounge was the best of any cruises we have taken. Outstanding crew.

Did notice from last January to this January there was about 25% less offerings In Café Promenade and Sorrento's. they cut out a lot of selections.

We did MTD seating and there is definitely some wear and tear in that area. Ripped curtains and broken shades. The carpeting in our hall was a little worn.

There are a LOT of rambling announcements. That Joff loves to ramble on.

We were late leaving as a passenger was removed from the ship by ambulance after the muster drill. Sure hope all turned out ok for them.

Thanks for adding that, glad you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did!

Thanks again for sharing your cruise with us! I'll be back aboard Independence in just about 3 months and enjoyed your photos and commentary very much, aids in the anticipation for sure.

Oh, and I concur - your waterfall photos were simply beautiful, regardless of how you took them. Thanks!

Thank you!

Thanks again for all your hard work. I have anxiously awaited the daily updates. Do you know if the pizza place offered gluten free pizza by any chance? Also, are the pizzas an extra charge or included?

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions. I cannot tell you how much I have learned from this review. We have never cruised before and I let my teenage boys pick spring break plans this year and have been so nervous but now I am just super excited!

Thanks again for all your hard work. I have anxiously awaited the daily updates. Do you know if the pizza place offered gluten free pizza by any chance? Also, are the pizzas an extra charge or included?

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions. I cannot tell you how much I have learned from this review. We have never cruised before and I let my teenage boys pick spring break plans this year and have been so nervous but now I am just super excited!

Yes the pizza is included and they did have gluten free available upon request. Hope you enjoy the cruise!

Yes. There was a sign saying that gluten free was available. No extra cost for the pizza or panini sandwiches (some of them were seriously yummy).

We took our then 14 year old son on Mariner and he had an absolute blast. We barely saw him once we were on the ship, lol.

Great review, loved the pics!!

Do you happen to remember if there was a love and marriage show on your cruise?

There was one when I went on the allure last December, and in march I will be on Indy... Was hoping to catch another show!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Great review, loved the pics!!

Do you happen to remember if there was a love and marriage show on your cruise?

There was one when I went on the allure last December, and in march I will be on Indy... Was hoping to catch another show!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There was, although I don't recall what night it was on. I haven't been to one in a long time.

Yes. There was a sign saying that gluten free was available. No extra cost for the pizza or panini sandwiches (some of them were seriously yummy).

We took our then 14 year old son on Mariner and he had an absolute blast. We barely saw him once we were on the ship, lol.

Oh, that is such good news on both accounts!