Great Times on Indy! ~ A Big Review With Lots of Pics!

Wow thanks for the great review!! We have only been on voyager and Radiance class ships. Looking forward to trying out a freedom class ship. We love the promenade cafe on the Adventure. My hubby's favorite place to grab some coffee and a snack. How is it different on the Indy? No pizza but everything else the same?

I haven't been on a Voyager class yet, but I have gathered that the only difference is that there is a separate pizzeria on the Freedom Class ships.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi!

Thanks for the GREAT review and pictures! We are going on the Indy in 4-15, on the 8 day as well. A couple of questions- were all of the ports docked, so you didn't have to tender in? Secondly, did you say the cupcake shop replaced the barber shop 'Clean Shave'?

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh how I wish that were the case. But sadly they just didn't have them. We stopped by there at various times both early and late. No mudslides to be found. It was coconut ranger, oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip all week. Not only that, but what they did have was usually rock-hard. I like my cookies chewy. Oh well, there's always next time.

Haven't seen mudslide cookies in a long time. None on the Voyager in 2/12 out of NOLA nor Mariner in 2/13 out of Galveston, and none on the Navigator over this past New Years. We even asked them in the promenade cafe and one of the crew members had no idea what they were but wanted to know because he said we were the third person to ask (it was only day two). We asked if he were new and he said he was on his third contract on the Navigator.

All the cookies were hard as well and that was probably good for me. I don't like hard crunchy cookies either so I went without cookies which I really don't need anyways.

Hi!

Thanks for the GREAT review and pictures! We are going on the Indy in 4-15, on the 8 day as well. A couple of questions- were all of the ports docked, so you didn't have to tender in?

Thanks again!

None of the ports on the 8 day need to be tendered to, only Grand cayman on the 6 day version.

Haven't seen mudslide cookies in a long time. None on the Voyager in 2/12 out of NOLA nor Mariner in 2/13 out of Galveston, and none on the Navigator over this past New Years. We even asked them in the promenade cafe and one of the crew members had no idea what they were but wanted to know because he said we were the third person to ask (it was only day two). We asked if he were new and he said he was on his third contract on the Navigator.

All the cookies were hard as well and that was probably good for me. I don't like hard crunchy cookies either so I went without cookies which I really don't need anyways.

I was very happy to find that Latte-Tudes on Brilliance has all the good cookies: mudslide, oatmeal raisin, double chocolate chunk and coconut ranger. Plus, they're not rock hard!

Cheers from sunny Cozumel!

I was very happy to find that Latte-Tudes on Brilliance has all the good cookies: mudslide, oatmeal raisin, double chocolate chunk and coconut ranger. Plus, they're not rock hard!

Cheers from sunny Cozumel!

Glad you found some!!!! We go out on Vision next week maybe we'll be lucky also (although going out of Panama I won't hold my breath but if not maybe they'll have something better)

• 5 months later...

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. I will be spending 18 nights on Indy, starting 10/28 with the four night sampler cruise, and then the 14 night Transatlantic. Your pictures helped me get even more excited about the trip than I already was!

Beth

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. I will be spending 18 nights on Indy, starting 10/28 with the four night sampler cruise, and then the 14 night Transatlantic. Your pictures helped me get even more excited about the trip than I already was!

Beth

Thanks for bringing back great memories! Looking forward to my turn next April. :D

No problem, glad you both enjoyed the review!

Day 2, At Sea:

Our first day at sea was a decidedly lazy one. We didn't even wake up in time for breakfast. The first stop was the official Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle. The turnout was one of the best I've ever seen. They gave out lots of little prizes, and even a few nice ones (bottles of wine and champagne). It was another great opportunity to meet the fellow cruisers I'd been chatting with online for so long.

The Activities Manager handing out prizes at the Meet and Mingle. I actually liked him better than the CD, but we'll get into that more later.

232323232%7Ffp437%3B6%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3945736234326nu0mrj

The woman there with the activities manager is Marla, she's the group/special events coordinator.

Marla is single handedly one of RCI's best.

She coordinated everything for my wedding on Indy.

As long as she touches your event, you have nothing to worry about.

Huge Marla fan.

Enjoyed your review . How did you book your St Kitts excursion? Thank You for taking the time to post your pictures and thoughts. It was delightful.

We booked that one directly through the tour company. It wasn't an all day thing, so the chances of having time issues with the ship were pretty low.

http://www.bluewatersafaris.com