Friendly Poker Card Playing Question

Whimsy

We have a group of friends traveling together in March and was wondering if we brought our own cards and poker chips if it was allowed to play a game amongst ourselves on the ship. No betting would take place, the chips would just be for fun.

We have a group of friends traveling together in March and was wondering if we brought our own cards and poker chips if it was allowed to play a game amongst ourselves on the ship. No betting would take place, the chips would just be for fun.

Sure. It's not a problem, and don't see why it would be. You can play in your rooms, at empty tables in the buffet (assuming people aren't looking for tables to eat), around in the lounges (assuming you aren't obstructing any happenings there), etc. Enjoy.

On Coral Princess, we just got off about 2 weeks ago, they had a card room on the 8th floor in the atrium. If I remember correctly, on the other Grand Class Ships we have sailed on, all had similar locations. If not then just go the one of the night clubs or the wheelhouse bar, it is quiet during the day, and play there.

The value of the chips would be indifferent to anyone on the ship. You will have no problems from the cew.

Enjoy

Edited by wilfros

we were on the Star (I think ) on year and the weather would not allow us to stop in Grand Cayman, so I got a deck of cards, and 5 of us sat at a table on the back of the ship, outside the Horizon court and played poker for 6 hrs and we used the sugar packets to bet! We had them from just about every table we could find some on, and we laughed and laughed, had so much fun, people would walk by and look and smile. Then a waiter came by and said "that's where they all are! I fill them all up this morning and couldn't believe they were all gone"! We sorted them and put them back into the proper containers when we were done.

I have played on board and for money. We were asked on the Golden to keep it to chips only on the table. They told us how the spoils were divided later wasn't an issue but please not to do it in the public view. Seemed like a very reasonable policy to me.

I've seen similar. They have to be careful about age issues, etc, so obvious wagering for money is not allowed, but a 'friendly' game is no problem..

I have played on board and for money. We were asked on the Golden to keep it to chips only on the table. They told us how the spoils were divided later wasn't an issue but please not to do it in the public view. Seemed like a very reasonable policy to me.

You also see various board games in action. You can check the Patter and see which lounges won't be used for awhile (if there's trivia or another activity, space may be a premium, so you'll won't want to be taking space away from those participants). If it's after a meal rush, you can use the Horizon Court (that's often where we see the board games)...if there's a back room for seating in the Horizon, that's a good place to go. There's often an aft outside deck on some decks that might work too.