Booking and paying for excursions in advance

Mike2131

We have taken a few cruises (12+), but this is the first with Oceania.

The manage your booking section allowed me to select excursions, but not pay for them in advance. Only 3 ports on this 7-night RT out of Seattle in July so no excursion packages (fine with us). The pop-ups showed a 10% discount for paid in advance excursions, but the links go absolutely nowhere (message that I reached the page in error, try again). On hold for over 5 minutes without reaching a live rep (yes, I admit to being impatient) was somewhat frustrating. Normal for the Oceania site?

On all my bookings, under the manage your cruise, you can book classes, shore excursions, Special dining, booze package... with a click and YES you do pay with a credit card right then. No wait and pay...

I have never seen discount pop-ups..... are you sure you were on the Oceania site as some agencies represent them as being them to an extent. You sound like you got a site other than Oceania

On all my bookings, under the manage your cruise, you can book classes, shore excursions, Special dining, booze package... with a click and YES you do pay with a credit card right then. No wait and pay...

I have never seen discount pop-ups..... are you sure you were on the Oceania site as some agencies represent them as being them to an extent. You sound like you got a site other than Oceania

My booking pulls up after logging in. On the right hand side under cruise details it shows the excursions and our names. On the left hand side it shows no excursions selected. All links to the cart, add excursions, edit excursions, etc. lead to the page message I referenced above. Very starnge. The discount I mentioned was if we paid in advance on the a la carte choice vs. package pricing. The price was given and it was 10% off. If that is not valid, I would like Oceania just let me know. Perhaps they are suspended in limbo since there are no excursions packages on this cruise. I'll keep trying to reach a live rep.

Very strange.

Is there anything under "my shore excursions cart" ?

Usually when you select them it goes there then you have to hit "proceed to checkout" & then add your credit card info

Maybe they are working on the site for your sailing

Is there anything under "my shore excursions cart" ?

Usually when you select them it goes there then you have to hit "proceed to checkout" & then add your credit card info

Maybe they are working on the site for your sailing

Could be they are working on our sailing, but it has been this way for several days. All links to the excursions have been dead - yet the excursions show as "reserved" (with our names) under the cruise details. Efforts to edit, select other excursions, etc. go to the same error message. I doubt there will be any meaningful resolution until I speak with a live rep.

Thanks.

Below this are our names and the date it was reserved - plus the option to remove from the cart. There is no link to proceed to check out. All links have been dead anyway. I will try the live Oceania rep route again tomorrow.

The Wild Bears of Anan

Hide Details

icon-oce.jpg

icon-strenuous.png

Tour Length: Half-Day (Approximately 5 hours)

Take advantage of incredible savings by purchasing your excursions in advance. ONBOARD TOUR PRICE: $375.00 icon-upc.jpg Unlimited Passport Collection – Discounted Tour Price: $205.00 A la Carte - Advanced Purchase Price: $337.50 ($37.50 Savings)

Experience an amazing natural adventure in bear viewing at the Anan Bear and Wildlife Observatory.

Upon disembarking the ship, a covered, heated boat stands ready to transport you the thirty-five miles to Anan, traveling via Eastern Passage, which offers a beautiful boat ride in protected waters between Wrangell Island and the Mainland.

Upon arrival at Anan, you will be greeted at the trailhead by U.S. Forest Service personnel, who will provide a brief orientation of what awaits you. Beginning in July, pink salmon arrive at Anan creek to spawn. At this time, Anan creek is teaming with salmon which naturally attracts brown and black bears, bald eagles and harbor seals. As you make your way along the trail, your guide will interpret the local flora and fauna and answer any questions you may have.

The walk in to the Observatory takes about 20-minutes and is close to 1/2 mile in length. Much of the groomed trail is boardwalk with several sets of narrow stairs and bridges over waterways. Reaching the Observatory, you will have approximately 90-minutes to watch the playful bears as they interact with one another and go about catching salmon in the creek. Please keep in mind that every day is different, and here in this natural setting, things happen in a natural way.

Following your time at the Observatory, you will return via the trail to where your boat awaits to transfer you back to the pier in Wrangell.

Please note: This tour includes considerable walking and over 200 stairs to climb. Portions of the trail are natural and can be slippery when wet. There is no dock at the trail head and guests will disembark on a rocky shoreline. As tide levels and conditions change, it can be slippery. The tour is not available to wheelchair guests or those with mobility concerns. Participants should be in good physical condition, have good vision and balance in order to safely navigate the trail. It is recommended to dress in layers and for the possibility of rain. Sturdy, water-resistant walking shoes are necessary. There are some outhouses along the trail and at the Observatory; however, there is no restroom on the boat. Food is strictly prohibited at the Observatory and along the trail. Minimum age to participate is 12 years old and children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian. Wildlife and bear sightings, while mostly likely to happen, are not guaranteed. Participants are well-advised that bear encounters are possible along the trail and must follow the direction of their guide at all times.

Could be they are working on our sailing, but it has been this way for several days. All links to the excursions have been dead - yet the excursions show as "reserved" (with our names) under the cruise details. Efforts to edit, select other excursions, etc. go to the same error message. I doubt there will be any meaningful resolution until I speak with a live rep.

Thanks.

At the top of the excursion window is the link to the cart not working?

I checked for my cruise (2015) it seems ok

I would clear your cookies/cache & see if that makes any difference if not maybe a "live" person is the route to go

If you used a TA they can also book them for you

Good Luck

Lyn

At the top of the excursion window is the link to the cart not working?

I checked for my cruise (2015) it seems ok

Lyn

Hi, Lyn, glad to read that you still may sail with Oceania next year.

Big day here: the first above freezing since we returned home from our cruise together a week ago!:)

Hi, Lyn, glad to read that you still may sail with Oceania next year.

Big day here: the first above freezing since we returned home from our cruise together a week ago!:)

Yes still booked for 2015 ..hope they can sort out the service issues by then ;)

We had a warmer day yesterday but back in the cold again & more snow YUCK

Lyn