upgraded???

so, I have been periodically checking, like everybody else, about price drops and I noticed a slightly lower price on our interior room ($100 less), so I called my travel agent and changed. RC said we could upgrade to an oceanview for the same price, but it would be on deck 2 as opposed to deck 7 with our current stateroom. we were close to stairs on both, so that wasn't a tradeoff. this oceanview, however, has a pullman bed... I'm not sure about that. We have a 3 yr old and 7 yr old who will be with us, but the 3 yr old will be sleeping with us. My 7 yr old will be in the pullman.

I'm not concerned about him being in the pullman, but what is the room setup as opposed to the interiors? I assume the porthole would be above the bed, but if the pullman pulls down above the bed, how does that work...? also, is the room smaller because there would be no pullout couch?

I wasn't sure if this was an upgrade since we moved down 5 decks, but gained an oceanview and retained close proximity to the stairs.

Not sure what ship, but on almost all the pullman is in the ceiling above the couch not the bed. If your 7 yo is little enough they can just sleep on the little couch if you prefer. If the cabin accommodates 4, then the couch is a pullout couch and if littlest one sleeps in your bed, 7 YO can be on the pullout, no need for the pullman. The port hole/window is likely at the head of the bed, which will be directly opposite the door when you enter the cabin, the couch and pullman will be to the right or left side of the cabin from the cabin door (depending on the layout)

Hope that helps!:D

There are things to do on 2 ... the theater, ice rink, screening room are all on that level. i'm just not totally sure. I did go ahead and switch because my husband has always wanted something besides an interior in the 5 cruises that we have been on.

Not sure what ship, but on almost all the pullman is in the ceiling above the couch not the bed. If your 7 yo is little enough they can just sleep on the little couch if you prefer. If the cabin accommodates 4, then the couch is a pullout couch and if littlest one sleeps in your bed, 7 YO can be on the pullout, no need for the pullman. The port hole/window is likely at the head of the bed, which will be directly opposite the door when you enter the cabin, the couch and pullman will be to the right or left side of the cabin from the cabin door (depending on the layout)

Hope that helps!:D

It is on the Liberty in March. The RC guy said there wasn't a pullout couch since there is a pullman. so, I guess that means it's just a regular couch under the pullman...? and he knows we have 4, so I assume it will sleep 4.

My niece was fine on the Pullman... which is like a bunk bed... She loved it... It had a rail... and it was her own little 'get away'... Of course that was about 20 some odd years ago... :eek: