Amsterdam- Help Needed

Mparis184

Looking for a hotel pre-cruise for 2 days before our river cruise on Avalon Waterways (our first river cruise). Any suggestions for conveniently located accommodations that are under $150 per night? Looking possibly for a B & B or houseboat.

Any tips about Amsterdam travels will be appreciated.

Marion

Most houseboats request a stay of 3 nights.

Check the link given for many hotels mentioned.

Amsterdam is compact, riverships are all around Centraal Station.

Thanks.... too bad they have a 3 night minimum. Might have to stay in a B & B instead. I found a houseboat that will accept our reservations on Visserringstraat, near Hugo The Groot Plein ( Called Bed No Breakfast) but in looking on Google Maps the street in back of the canel is backing up to buildings/apartments that look very run down (complete with graffiti) and makes me wonder about the neighborhood.

I am not worried about taking local transportation. If you can suggest any places to stay it will be appreciated. Movinpick is almost $500 for two nights - not within my frugal travel budget.

Marion

Have your tried Priceline NYOP? We booked a 4 star in May for a tad under $90 a night (over $250 per night reg price).

What hotel did you get and what area is it located in? I was bidding up to $149 for a three star and couldn't get anything. I always try Priceline to book our hotels first - just didn't have any luck this time.

Marion

I am not worried about taking local transportation. If you can suggest any places to stay it will be appreciated. Movinpick is almost $500 for two nights - not within my frugal travel budget.

Marion

Try priceline bidding option I think it is zone 2 (centruum)

We got it for $74 for 4*

* bid $101 for a 5* got the Barbizon Palace

Check betterbidding site to see what others are getting

Edited by LHT28

Try priceline bidding option I think it is zone 2 (centruum)

We got it for $74 for 4*

* bid $101 for a 5* got the Barbizon Palace

Check betterbidding site to see what others are getting

I checked biddingfortravel and followed their suggestions. I forget how crazy the bidding is on this site - you really have to know the ins and outs. I am happy they accepted my $90 bid ( after three bids today and a few last night) and we are staying at the NH Carlton Amsterdam - it looks wonderful....I can't thank you enough for your suggestions.

Marion

Stayed two nights at Crown Plaza , it was one stop from central station. We stayed on our own but people on our uniworld ship were there all, got involved on a you with hem since friends we met there took the air and transportation packge from uniworld. Great hotel used reward points for try couldn't beat it.

Sent from my B1-710 using Forums mobile app

I checked biddingfortravel and followed their suggestions. I forget how crazy the bidding is on this site - you really have to know the ins and outs. I am happy they accepted my $90 bid ( after three bids today and a few last night) and we are staying at the NH Carlton Amsterdam - it looks wonderful....I can't thank you enough for your suggestions.

Marion

Good price

You are not in the room very much & lots of eating place in amsterdam worth exploring

Enjoy the trip

Lyn

What hotel did you get and what area is it located in? I was bidding up to $149 for a three star and couldn't get anything. I always try Priceline to book our hotels first - just didn't have any luck this time.

Marion

We had 5 nights at the Movenpick. Looks like you got a winner yourself. :)

Edited by dogs4fun