Dining Waitlist

Marie515

we booked this cruise back in August and I just checked my onboard preferences regarding my request for the traditional dining and after looking at my summary it is listed as (Waitlist#100). Anyone deal with this before? Not sure if it is something to be concerned about - we had requested to be seated at a table of 8, just so we can meet other people but we want the traditional dining. Any suggestions?

we booked this cruise back in August and I just checked my onboard preferences regarding my request for the traditional dining and after looking at my summary it is listed as (Waitlist#100). Anyone deal with this before? Not sure if it is something to be concerned about - we had requested to be seated at a table of 8, just so we can meet other people but we want the traditional dining. Any suggestions?

If we are still on a dining waitlist once we board we see the MD on embarkation day at the time and place listed in the patter.

He will try to fullfill our request. :)

Yes I'm sure some spots will free up! We booked anytime dining and then on board we were somehow put in traditional dining! We talked to the maitre d and switched to anytime so that freed up two places for someone else! I'm sure there are other situations like this that happen.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

we cruise on feb. 10. I will talk with the maitre d - maybe we can just be put with a smaller table number.Thanks for all your help.

When on the waitlist, it is for being in that sitting at all, not for a specific size table.

So being at #100 this close to the cruise means you probably will not clear the waitlist.

Check your cruise card for sure when you get it and then, as others have suggested, speak to the Maitre d' at the time listed in the embarkation day Patter. Get there about 20 minutes earlier if possible to avoid a long line.

Its always the same story.

When on the waitlist, it is for being in that sitting at all, not for a specific size table.

So being at #100 this close to the cruise means you probably will not clear the waitlist.

Check your cruise card for sure when you get it and then, as others have suggested, speak to the Maitre d' at the time listed in the embarkation day Patter. Get there about 20 minutes earlier if possible to avoid a long line.

I think so too. We didn't clear the waitlist a couple of cruises ago and just did the anytime,which we didn't like at all. The last cruise, we had a choice of going with early traditional or being in anytime (and waitlisted for late traditional, our preference). On the first afternoon, we did go to the place listed in the Patter to request a change. We were told to go to our assigned table the first dinner and hopefully we'll get the change. The next morning, we got a letter telling us we got moved to late traditional.

When you're assigned to traditional, you can't really request a table size. I guess that's something you can see the maitre'd about.