Finding last min. cruise deal?

leighi123

Can anyone help me find a good deal?

• 1 adult, 1 child (6)
  • Needs to leave/return any time between Feb 15-23, 2014
  • Leaving from Cape Canaveral, or Ft. Lauderdale
  • Inside cabin is fine, cheapest one is fine (we only use the room to sleep!)
  • Florida residents
  • we have AAA
  • both of us have cruised before (Disney/RC)
  • not picky about destination
  • not picky about cruise line

I unexpectedly got off work and we need to get away! I am a single parent, and have a 6yr old, so looking for a good deal for the two of us to go on together.

p.s. not sure if this is in the right forum section pls move if needed!

Thank you!

We are not allowed to name or discuss travel agencies, so best to do a little research with the cruise lines that sail out of those ports. Make some calls to them, or possibly book on line.

Or, do you have a travel agent you use? Contact them.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I have booked a dozen last minute cruises through NCL.com.

I check prices a few times a day .

My last bermuda cruise I thought I was out of luck till very late.

I saw the price drop in half to $299 pp for a 7 night cruise. I booked at 11 P.M. Thursday night boarding the next morning at 11 A.M.

Good luck and happy hunting. :D

Will Miami work for you too ??

Edited by biker@sea

Will Miami work for you too ??

Yep I guess so - we are an hour south of Canaveral so that is closest/easiest, but willing to drive if its a better deal/timing or whatever.

I guess my actual question is what are my options for cruises leaving/returning from FL between the 15th-23rd that would be good for a single parent/6yr old to go on? There can't be THAT many options.

My dad is willing to contribute $ toward the trip (we live with them, so it would give them time off from having us in their house!), but I have to pick it all out, which is difficult because I'm not that picky! Trying to narrow down my options a bit.

I guess my actual question is what are my options for cruises leaving/returning from FL between the 15th-23rd that would be good for a single parent/6yr old to go on? There can't be THAT many options.

There are probably 8 ships sailing from Port Everglades on Feb 15, 5 or 6 from Miami and 1-3 from Canaveral, so yes, there are many possible. Many, but not all of those will be sailing 7 day routes. How many have cabins available is something you need to research. So, it is back to you to do some research.

Just checked Carnival's website. Carnival Dream seven day voyage from Port Canaveral on Saturday, February 15th. Inside cabin on either Main or Riveria midship for approximately $1,200.00. Not bad for a last minute deal relatively close to your home. Traveled with my family on the Carnival Dream in August 2012.

Yep I guess so - we are an hour south of Canaveral so that is closest/easiest, but willing to drive if its a better deal/timing or whatever.

My dad is willing to contribute $ toward the trip (we live with them, so it would give them time off from having us in their house!), but I have to pick it all out, which is difficult because I'm not that picky! Trying to narrow down my options a bit.

How about a short cruise .

NCL Sky 4 day cruise out of Miami feb 17 -21 .

Inside GTY cabin $540.14 on NCL.com

Just checked an online TA's website. If you travel to Miami on Saturday, February 15th the Carnival Liberty sails a seven day voyage. The Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory also sail seven day voyages on Sunday, February 16th. The three ships are priced even less than the Carnival Dream's voyage from Port Canaveral. All three ships have inside cabin availability for around $1,000.00 for two passengers. Can't beat that for a last minute deal.