Different menu's for suites?

junetraveler2014

The in-cabin menu is the breakfast menu. Concierge and above have a different menu than other cabins. You select the food you want and the time you want it delivered and put it outside your door the night before.

You can order room service either on the TV or by phone. The menu is in a binder in the room and on the TV. This is good for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.

You can also order dinner from the main dining room menu to be delivered to your state room. Ask the attendant for the menu. If you are in a suite the butler will serve your meal course by course. If not, the food will all be brought at one time.

Mary Lou

Here is a post discussing the room service menus for different cabin types with some examples from December 2012. I understand they've changed a little since then but this might give you an idea.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752753

The Suite menu has a few special items that are not available for every room type such as smoothies. Suites can also get espresso based coffees. Every room type can get basic breakfast type items, including common hot breakfast items, even if they are not listed by calling room service and/or writing in the items.

If you are in a suite and you want something not listed then ask your butler and if it is possible he/she will get it for you.

The room service menu that is in the blue folder in your cabin is different for suites and regular cabins. Last year we were in PH on Summit and friends were in Balcony cabin. We had different items listed in our "blue book room service menu" than they had in theirs.

I read a lot about suites having an expanded room service menu, or being able to ask the butler to bring almost anything food-wise (from MDR, etc.), and set up parties for friends...

So here's the question: if the butler sets up a party with food and non alcoholic drinks, is there an extra charge?

And, if we ask the butler to bring breakfast to our balcony, and want enough food for our friends (a couple in the inside room across the hall) to join us, is that ok?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Step 1 - make a friend of your butler. Recognise that on day 1 he will be running all over like a bluebottle. Don't invoke the "please unpack for me" option. Be a little flexible with in-suite requests, like the timing of breakfast.

Step 2 - ask for what you want, well in advance. It's always appreciated if you mention stuff the day before instead of at 20 mins notice.

Step3 - sit back and all will be provided.

It's always worked for us.

p.s Step 4 - don't forget a tip, a handshake and a thank you on the final day.

I read a lot about suites having an expanded room service menu, or being able to ask the butler to bring almost anything food-wise (from MDR, etc.), and set up parties for friends...

So here's the question: if the butler sets up a party with food and non alcoholic drinks, is there an extra charge?

And, if we ask the butler to bring breakfast to our balcony, and want enough food for our friends (a couple in the inside room across the hall) to join us, is that ok?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No, definitely not an extra charge in our experience. We hosted a party for 20 ish in our suite at the end of a long cruise and worked with him on a menu of shrimp cocktail, sushi and cheese and crackers. He added plenty that we didn't even ask for like homemade guacamole and homemade chips, olives, nuts, chocolates and even brought extra wine :) We had a number of bottles already we bought in tuscany they didn't take when we reboarded that day and guests brought more. He was so great I was asking where breakfast was once I got home and he wasn't bringing it to my room!

We've had some good butlers, and some great butlers, and Gwen on Constellation late last year was a great butler :)

Happy Sailing,

Jenna