Simple question about the bed

GMayberry

The stateroom we booked has two beds that push together to "make a queen." My question is, will they already have done that when we arrive and have queen bedding on it, or will we push it together ourselves and have two sets of twin sheets?

I know its probably a dumb question, but I'm just curious.

Not dumb at all! My parents met a couple on one of their cruises whose beds were separated and they didn't know they could ask to have them put together. So they spent most of their anniversary cruise in separate beds. Too bad they didn't ask sooner. :)

In my experience, the beds have always been put together when we got onboard. But if they aren't and you want them together (or vise versa), just tell your cabin steward to set them up for you.

You can also go into your booking on the Carnival website and change the bed configuration.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by CruisinCrow

I believe the current trend on all the lines I sail is that the beds are set up together (that is the default) - even if you pre-requested separate when booking. If it, by some chance, set up separate, tell your steward and it will be taken care of well before bedtime. On my last RCI, there was a card on the together queen stating to let the steward know if you wanted twins.

You can also go into your booking on the Carnival website and change the bed configuration.

Have a great cruise!

Never saw that option! Thanks alot! Now we will have a king bed waiting for us (I was thinking it was a queen) :D

If they see that it's a man and a woman, assuming a couple, the stewards will have it together as one bed.

When we took my son and his partner on our last cruise, the steward had their cabin set up with two separate beds. This was despite the fact that we checked off king-bed on the pre-cruise docs. They did ask for the beds to be placed back together and it was taken care of by the time we returned from dinner.

Really no rhyme or reason; they may just look at the gender and ages and set it up based upon assumption. It really makes one wonder why CCL even has that question on the cruise docs, if the staff is not going to follow suit.

They are usually put together - in a manner that makes you question if they really are 2 twins.

With that said, we ask to have ours separated as we would rather have 2 feet in the middle rather than 1 foot on each side - if that makes sense. We usually sail in an inside where space is at a premium. Also we sail with our son & use the bunk for him. The split configuration works better when using the bunk bed in my opinion.

Luckily we are in a 4K on our next Pride cruise. (The size of a balcony room & a sofa bed for my son.)

Not dumb at all! My parents met a couple on one of their cruises whose beds were separated and they didn't know they could ask to have them put together. So they spent most of their anniversary cruise in separate beds. Too bad they didn't ask sooner. :)

In my experience, the beds have always been put together when we got onboard. But if they aren't and you want them together (or vise versa), just tell your cabin steward to set them up for you.

Have a great cruise!

I find that often the configuration of the bed changes from King back to Two Twins on the booking information, make sure to check every so often. I always get it to stay set, but I've always had to set the configuration a few times.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app