OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

When I looked at the new Chops menu, I did not see crab cakes---one of our favorite things. Does Chops still offer crab cakes? We were really unhappy when they cut the Vidalia onion tart frOm the MDR menu. If we lose the Chops crab cakes, we will be suicidal!

Did you happen to notice if Vintages is like the one on Oasis and Allure where you can order tapas as well as wine or is it just wine?

I haven't been on Navigator since the drydock, but I was on the TA in November. Vintages does not have the tapas menu like Oasis and Allure. I was disappointed because I love the nice choices that were on the menu on Allure and Oasis. They just offer a few things each night (complimentary with wine purchase).

When I looked at the new Chops menu, I did not see crab cakes---one of our favorite things. Does Chops still offer crab cakes? We were really unhappy when they cut the Vidalia onion tart frOm the MDR menu. If we lose the Chops crab cakes, we will be suicidal!

Please don't be suicidal:eek: :eek:That is the new Chops menu. For now it's just on Navigator and will be on Quantum. I think it's just a matter of time before all of the Chops have the new menu:( I'm with you..... I love the crabcakes:)

I haven't been on Navigator since the drydock, but I was on the TA in November. Vintages does not have the tapas menu like Oasis and Allure. I was disappointed because I love the nice choices that were on the menu on Allure and Oasis. They just offer a few things each night (complimentary with wine purchase).

Thank you for the info! We really liked the choices on Allure and Oasis too.

Here's the article I read earlier about the Chop's Menu in paragraphs 5 & 6:

And the actual link:

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/navigator-of-the-seas-gets-texas-sized-makeover/

Home » Travel News » Cruise News »

Navigator of the Seas gets texas-sized makeover

20 6 Share

21 hours ago

Having completed a month-long drydock revitalisation, Royal Caribbean International’s Navigator of the Seas is primed to resume year-round service from Galveston, Texas, and wow the Lone Star State with the area’s most innovative Caribbean cruise holiday offering. Part of an extensive fleetwide programme to enhance every Royal Caribbean ship, Navigator of the Seas will introduce new and enhanced dining options; debut a new FlowRider surf simulator; and offer a glimpse ahead toward the cruise line’s highly anticipated Quantum of the Seas, with new first-at-sea features.

Most anticipated of all the ship’s revitalisations is the new FlowRider surf simulator, the center of the action atop the deck 13 Sports Deck, as well as the debut of Royal Caribbean’s first Virtual Balconies in 81 interior staterooms displaying expansive views of the ocean and destinations. Virtual Balconies were first announced for Quantum of the Seas, which debuts October 2014, and holidaymakers can be among the first to experience the innovation on Navigator of the Seas – even before the Quantum class is launched. Holidaymakers also can choose new Panoramic Ocean View staterooms, featuring floor-to-ceiling glass walls facing outward to provide guests unobstructed views all the time.

Navigator of the Seas’ guests also can look forward to an expanded line-up of eight different dining options, led by the debut of an all-new modern Mexican specialty restaurant Sabor, featuring a menu of modern Mexican dishes, such as Oaxacan Ceviche of Red Snapper, Spicy Chicken Flautas, or Chicken and Roasted Corn Empanada, topped with Green mole and spicy peanut sauce – to name a few. Sabor diners also can delight in customised guacamole and salsas, made tableside right in front of their eyes, as well as an assortment of tacos, quesadillas and burritos, all made with the freshest ingredients. Sabor has a service charge of $25 per guest.

Guests can complement their experience with a curated menu of tequilas, mezcal, and Mexican beers, as well as delicious sangrias and tableside-mixed margaritas, for an additional charge. Sabor’s tequila flights also offer guests a chance to sample a trio of Plata, Reposado and Anejo tequila, or savour the nuances among three Reposado tequilas.

Navigator of the Seas’ guests will also be the first to enjoy the fully revamped and elevated Chops Grille: The New American Steakhouse, which marries contemporary flair to traditional steakhouse offerings. The first among Royal Caribbean’s fleet to offer the new menu, Chops Grille on Navigator of the Seas will feature brand new selections, such as the Veal Chop Parmesan, slow broiled with caramelised shallots and topped with parmesan herb butter, a Slow-braised Short Rib of Beef with Bordelaise sauce, and a Dry-aged Steak Burger served on a brioche bun and topped with melted gruyere and pancetta. Guests also can still enjoy Chops Grille classic cuts, such as the 8 Oz. Filet Mignon, served with Béarnaise butter, and a 10 Oz. Grilled Sirloin Steak, as well as a range of new and delicious signature appetisers, soups, salads, and sides – such as new, decadent Truffled French Fries and Gruyere Cheese Tater Tots – that will complete the experience in the cruise line’s hallmark specialty restaurant. Chops Grille steakhouse has a service charge of $35 per guest.

Chops Grille also features two new premium selections of the finest quality cuts of beef in the world, a 16 Oz. dry-aged NY Strip Steak and a 20 Oz. dry-aged Porterhouse Steak (an additional $18 and $19 respectively), each USDA prime beef, dry-aged for four weeks to achieve the pinnacle of flavour, tenderness and aroma. This dry-aged process can only be found at select steakhouses around the world, and now, in a cruise industry first, is offered onboard Royal Caribbean International’s Chops Grille.

Navigator of the Seas’ guests also can choose exciting sushi and Asian fusion dishes in the ship’s new Izumi Japanese Cuisine (a la carte menu), and delicious classic Italian favourites in Giovanni’s Table Italian trattoria ($15 for lunch and $20 for dinner per guest). Rounding out Navigator of the Seas’ culinary experiences is the grand, three-story main dining room, newly renamed Sapphire, the casual-dining Windjammer Café, and complimentary room service from 5 – 12 a.m. Navigator of the Seas’ specialty restaurants are available for advance online reservations for booked guests at RoyalCaribbean.com.

Guests also will enjoy some of the more popular concepts that were introduced aboard Royal Caribbean’s ground-breaking Oasis-class ships, such as new digital signage, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi service, new flat-panel televisions in every stateroom, an oversized LCD movie screen overlooking the main pool, a new Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Society loyalty member guests, and the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery for the youngest guests ages six to 36 months. Additionally, the ship’s Champagne Bar has been re-conceptualised into Royal Caribbean’s signature, retro-chic R Bar.

Navigator of the Seas will sail seven-night Western Caribbean itineraries every Sunday from Galveston, visiting exciting warm-weather getaways in the Caribbean, including; Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; Falmouth, Jamaica; and George Town, Grand Cayman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here's the article I read earlier about the Chop's Menu in paragraphs 5 & 6:

And the actual link:

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/navigator-of-the-seas-gets-texas-sized-makeover/

Home » Travel News » Cruise News »

Navigator of the Seas gets texas-sized makeover

20 6 Share

21 hours ago

Having completed a month-long drydock revitalisation, Royal Caribbean International’s Navigator of the Seas is primed to resume year-round service from Galveston, Texas, and wow the Lone Star State with the area’s most innovative Caribbean cruise holiday offering. Part of an extensive fleetwide programme to enhance every Royal Caribbean ship, Navigator of the Seas will introduce new and enhanced dining options; debut a new FlowRider surf simulator; and offer a glimpse ahead toward the cruise line’s highly anticipated Quantum of the Seas, with new first-at-sea features.

Most anticipated of all the ship’s revitalisations is the new FlowRider surf simulator, the center of the action atop the deck 13 Sports Deck, as well as the debut of Royal Caribbean’s first Virtual Balconies in 81 interior staterooms displaying expansive views of the ocean and destinations. Virtual Balconies were first announced for Quantum of the Seas, which debuts October 2014, and holidaymakers can be among the first to experience the innovation on Navigator of the Seas – even before the Quantum class is launched. Holidaymakers also can choose new Panoramic Ocean View staterooms, featuring floor-to-ceiling glass walls facing outward to provide guests unobstructed views all the time.

Navigator of the Seas’ guests also can look forward to an expanded line-up of eight different dining options, led by the debut of an all-new modern Mexican specialty restaurant Sabor, featuring a menu of modern Mexican dishes, such as Oaxacan Ceviche of Red Snapper, Spicy Chicken Flautas, or Chicken and Roasted Corn Empanada, topped with Green mole and spicy peanut sauce – to name a few. Sabor diners also can delight in customised guacamole and salsas, made tableside right in front of their eyes, as well as an assortment of tacos, quesadillas and burritos, all made with the freshest ingredients. Sabor has a service charge of $25 per guest.

Guests can complement their experience with a curated menu of tequilas, mezcal, and Mexican beers, as well as delicious sangrias and tableside-mixed margaritas, for an additional charge. Sabor’s tequila flights also offer guests a chance to sample a trio of Plata, Reposado and Anejo tequila, or savour the nuances among three Reposado tequilas.

Navigator of the Seas’ guests will also be the first to enjoy the fully revamped and elevated Chops Grille: The New American Steakhouse, which marries contemporary flair to traditional steakhouse offerings. The first among Royal Caribbean’s fleet to offer the new menu, Chops Grille on Navigator of the Seas will feature brand new selections, such as the Veal Chop Parmesan, slow broiled with caramelised shallots and topped with parmesan herb butter, a Slow-braised Short Rib of Beef with Bordelaise sauce, and a Dry-aged Steak Burger served on a brioche bun and topped with melted gruyere and pancetta. Guests also can still enjoy Chops Grille classic cuts, such as the 8 Oz. Filet Mignon, served with Béarnaise butter, and a 10 Oz. Grilled Sirloin Steak, as well as a range of new and delicious signature appetisers, soups, salads, and sides – such as new, decadent Truffled French Fries and Gruyere Cheese Tater Tots – that will complete the experience in the cruise line’s hallmark specialty restaurant. Chops Grille steakhouse has a service charge of $35 per guest.

Chops Grille also features two new premium selections of the finest quality cuts of beef in the world, a 16 Oz. dry-aged NY Strip Steak and a 20 Oz. dry-aged Porterhouse Steak (an additional $18 and $19 respectively), each USDA prime beef, dry-aged for four weeks to achieve the pinnacle of flavour, tenderness and aroma. This dry-aged process can only be found at select steakhouses around the world, and now, in a cruise industry first, is offered onboard Royal Caribbean International’s Chops Grille.

Navigator of the Seas’ guests also can choose exciting sushi and Asian fusion dishes in the ship’s new Izumi Japanese Cuisine (a la carte menu), and delicious classic Italian favourites in Giovanni’s Table Italian trattoria ($15 for lunch and $20 for dinner per guest). Rounding out Navigator of the Seas’ culinary experiences is the grand, three-story main dining room, newly renamed Sapphire, the casual-dining Windjammer Café, and complimentary room service from 5 – 12 a.m. Navigator of the Seas’ specialty restaurants are available for advance online reservations for booked guests at RoyalCaribbean.com.

Guests also will enjoy some of the more popular concepts that were introduced aboard Royal Caribbean’s ground-breaking Oasis-class ships, such as new digital signage, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi service, new flat-panel televisions in every stateroom, an oversized LCD movie screen overlooking the main pool, a new Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Society loyalty member guests, and the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery for the youngest guests ages six to 36 months. Additionally, the ship’s Champagne Bar has been re-conceptualised into Royal Caribbean’s signature, retro-chic R Bar.

Navigator of the Seas will sail seven-night Western Caribbean itineraries every Sunday from Galveston, visiting exciting warm-weather getaways in the Caribbean, including; Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; Falmouth, Jamaica; and George Town, Grand Cayman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We did not like the chops products at all! Really, tator totes belong on the kids menu and the main flavor was salt. Many of the old favorites are gone including deserts. We will see how they hold up. You can still get a steak but the better cuts are extra. IMHO you are better off in the MDR ordering the chops steak if that is what you really want. Sorry, just me...... ;)

Last I saw it was $15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i think she was asking about the extra charge for a Chops steak in the main dinning room and not what is charged in the actual Chops Restaurant.

Hi, first let me thank you for taking the time to do this awesome review and answer everyones questions, you did a wonderful job.

I have booked Navigator for October and am very excited. Could you please confirm what time they had early dining. My confirmation says 5:30 but I thought early dining was at 6 pm and am trying to decided if I should switch to MTD.

Hi, first let me thank you for taking the time to do this awesome review and answer everyones questions, you did a wonderful job.

I have booked Navigator for October and am very excited. Could you please confirm what time they had early dining. My confirmation says 5:30 but I thought early dining was at 6 pm and am trying to decided if I should switch to MTD.

5:30 is the early dining on the Navigator. Just got off the 4 day cruise and will be back 3/2 and it is still that time

What is the charge for the "Chops" steak in the main dining room?

Yes, the cost for the "Chop's Steak" in the dining room was $14.95, hubby had it one evening for dinner and said it was much better than the regular MDR steak he had the night before.

Thanks so much for following along & taking time to comment! I appreciate your compliments.

And yes, as Sulross indicated, first seating is at 5:30pm. It's a little early but late time is too late for us & we prefer MDR over MTD. Plus if we get hungry later on there are many options for a snack, including my favorite - cheese plate & glass of wine on the balcony ;)

Edited by ace1zoe2

Thanks so much for following along & taking time to comment! I appreciate your compliments.

And yes, as Sulross indicated, first seating is at 5:30pm. It's a little early but late time is too late for us & we prefer MDR over MTD. Plus if we get hungry later on there are many options for a snack, including my favorite - cheese plate & glass of wine on the balcony ;)

I agree, I prefer to eat early but will be with others who would prefer after 6pm. I love the cheese plate, it is one of my favorites too, especially with wine :D

Cindy, I just realized that I had not thanked you for all the hard work you did with this review! Thank you! The information is so helpful. We are sailing on her in Oct.

My Aunt just got off NOS this morning, and emailed me some pictures. They show some serious wear and tear on things, as well as walls taped up. Also some of the out dated furniture. Did they not replace the old furniture and such? I was just suprised to see this, as was she. Won't stop me from going and having a great time, just curious.

Cindy, I just realized that I had not thanked you for all the hard work you did with this review! Thank you! The information is so helpful. We are sailing on her in Oct.

My Aunt just got off NOS this morning, and emailed me some pictures. They show some serious wear and tear on things, as well as walls taped up. Also some of the out dated furniture. Did they not replace the old furniture and such? I was just suprised to see this, as was she. Won't stop me from going and having a great time, just curious.

I would be interested to see those photos as I got off the NOTS Feb 9th and can't remember seeing any walls taped up or any outdated furniture.

We were in a balcony on deck 8, went to the theater, studio B, all the bars at least once, pool area, and I wandered the ship a lot.

So while there may have been some I missed, I didn't see anything glaringly obvious.

Laura, you're quite welcome for the review and pictures.

I am shocked at this statement also. I believe I just about covered every accessible public space on the ship and never saw anything like you are mentioning. I believe that all the furniture on the ship was re-upholstered during dry dock. I know that is true for the sofas in the staterooms and desk chairs, all of the dining room seating, all of the Star Lounge seating. Everything on the entire ship fabric wise looked brand new to me, although I had not sailed NOS previously.

I saw no taped walls, wear and tear etc. The only thing I noticed was the fuzz on the carpet but that was just from it being recently installed and it was coming out as the vacuumed. There was one hallway we walked down where the carpet turns up the wall about 4-6 that was loose. Probably in the dry dock hurry it didn't get glue or stapled as it should have.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you board to find a beautiful ship!

Cindy

I would be interested to see those photos as I got off the NOTS Feb 9th and can't remember seeing any walls taped up or any outdated furniture.

We were in a balcony on deck 8, went to the theater, studio B, all the bars at least once, pool area, and I wandered the ship a lot.

So while there may have been some I missed, I didn't see anything glaringly obvious.

Larry&Darla,

I agree with you! I didn't notice anything like this and I was all over that ship! If it was there I missed it too :)

Cindy

Larry&Darla,

I agree with you! I didn't notice anything like this and I was all over that ship! If it was there I missed it too :)

Cindy

It could be some plumbing issues that came up when we were on for the 4 days. Maybe new drywall, or something on deck 12. But, like you two, I covered most of the ship slow in some areas and breezed through in others I just want to take a look at. Can't vouch for the children's area as I never went in or looked around.

Edited by SULROSS

I'm so shocked to hear that, and I certainly hope what your aunt saw was the exception, not the rule. All the reports I've read and pictures I've seen point to a complete overhaul and a beautiful ship. Was she specific about where the problems were?

Laura, you're quite welcome for the review and pictures.

I am shocked at this statement also. I believe I just about covered every accessible public space on the ship and never saw anything like you are mentioning. I believe that all the furniture on the ship was re-upholstered during dry dock. I know that is true for the sofas in the staterooms and desk chairs, all of the dining room seating, all of the Star Lounge seating. Everything on the entire ship fabric wise looked brand new to me, although I had not sailed NOS previously.

I saw no taped walls, wear and tear etc. The only thing I noticed was the fuzz on the carpet but that was just from it being recently installed and it was coming out as the vacuumed. There was one hallway we walked down where the carpet turns up the wall about 4-6 that was loose. Probably in the dry dock hurry it didn't get glue or stapled as it should have.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you board to find a beautiful ship!

Cindy

I am so glad to hear this. From the beautiful pictures you supplied, I was so surprised to see the pictures she emailed. If I had any idea how to post pictures, I would post a few. There was definentley tape on the wall, maybe just to hold something on until it dried? And one of the old style chairs peach and green, had a big rip in it. I have no idea where they were, as she is traveling back home and I have not had a chance to talk to her.

She does not do CC and had no idea the ship had just been refubished, until I told her on her way to the ship last week. That is why she sent those pics to me. If I find out more I will let you know, but I am more that sure that these were just isolated problems, that will be fixed soon. Oct can not get here fast enough, can't wait to sail NOS for the first time! Thanks again

The new Chops menu looks awesome. I guess that's why they raised the price $5 but also I'm surprised they have an up charge to the up charge- $18 extra for a 4-week aged steak? I thought the filet mignon and other meats were so good they melt in your mouth. It's hard to imagine steak can be any better than that!