OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Thanks Bob - to clarify, are you speaking of Navigator specifically, or across RCI ships in general?

I don't believe there are any heated pools (excepting the hot tubs) on Voyager class ships.

Edited by clarea

The only ship I know of with heated pools is Independence, and even there the heaters are only used on European sailings.
I don't believe there are any heated pools (excepting the hot tubs) on Voyager class ships.

This is why I get confused, I guess! :D

Independence has heated pools, and is the only RCI ship that has them, although Oasis might!
The Voyager class ships all have heated pools as well.
The radiance class pools are heated.
The solarium pool on Explorer was heated some days on the New England cruise in September, I saw some people in there and thought they were very brave but they told me it was warm and on trying myself it was very nice, other days it had a chill to it.
I was on the Radiance going south(Carib) and the solar pool was heated. In fact, the regular pool was so warm(hot) I could not stay in it. It was hotter than the hot tubs.
We were on Rhapsody last August, and it was a heated seawater pool- fabulous!
every solarium pool on every royal ship that I have been on has been heated. Nice and warm..biggrin.gif

Yet, I see LOTS of reports of ice-cold pools, almost unusable, especially if its not in the summer months...

Edited by LetsGetWet!

I traveled on the Navigator in January 2013 on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. I swam in the Solarium pool several times. It might have been somewhat cool but it obviously wasn't so bad that it sticks out in my mind, and I swam there more than one day. Hmmmm? As I recall, all the pools were used throughout that cruse. Go figure!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I traveled on the Navigator in January 2013 on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. I swam in the Solarium pool several times. It might have been somewhat cool but it obviously wasn't so bad that it sticks out in my mind, and I swam there more than one day. Hmmmm? As I recall, all the pools were used throughout that cruse. Go figure!?!

Thanks, nice to know - if they were usable in January and didn't stick out in your mind as COLD, that's a good sign! :)

Lol! Let's hope so! I have another cruise booked on the navigator in January 2015 for a Western Caribbean cruise. And sure plan to use the pools, but I am not a member of the "Polar Bear Club"!!!!

I hear ya! We love to use the pools too, but freezing our a$$ off isn't our idea of fun either! :D

Touché!!! That's part of the point of booking a Caribbean cruise in the winter months. If I wanted to freeze my booty off I could stay at home!! Lol

Ain't THAT the truth! Especially THIS winter! SO tired of the cold, can't wait for summer!

We enjoy the pools and the hot tubs - really enjoy sneaking away sometimes for a moonlit swim late in the evening, but sometimes that ends up just being the hot tub, depending on air and water temps! :)

I enjoy that too! I love to go when it's not so crowded... Port days are almost my favorite aboard ship. If it's a port that I've been to before or there isn't anything that particularly interests me, I love staying aboard and going to the pool/Hot tubs. I'm not the only one that enjoys those days but there are sure not near as many people around the pools like there are on sea days! Mmmmm! Love it!!

Here's a couple of pictures of the virtual balcony.... having problems getting the video uploaded. My friends room is facing the port side, so that is what you will be seeing;

image_zps364ad374.jpg

image_zpsddf17d30.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm going to quote my friend that just got off of the Navigator yesterday. He experienced a couple of the virtual cabins, and had friends in the Diamond lounge that were in a couple of these cabins, and the comments ran from.....it would never shut off........just a "blue screen" at night, making it hard to sleep, till they had maintenance shut it off, to "does not work at all" and some said that it "works" but it's really not what they expected. Also, the love seats in these rooms have been removed, and the seating is limited.

I'm going to read the rest before making any more comments....maybe.:D

Rick

We leave Sunday and was wondering if you found any special places on board, any areas with special views, more loungers, less people, quiet reading corners? I understand the menu is new (which I have) and what you thought of it? Thank you

We love the Observation Deck on deck 5. It's usually quiet. It's where the helicopter would land. GREAT view and peaceful :)

Thanks for the update... pictures and report!!! The best new IMHO...

THEY TOOK THE COFFEE TABLES OUT OF THE CABINS!!!

I'm So :D:D:D:D:D:D

Maybe I'll learn more about this when I continue reading. I'm amazed at what my friends told me tonight........all coffee tables gone from all cabins, JS, and down. Where do you eat, when wanting to eat in?

What gives???

Rick

I'm going to quote my friend that just got off of the Navigator yesterday. He experienced a couple of the virtual cabins, and had friends in the Diamond lounge that were in a couple of these cabins, and the comments ran from.....it would never shut off........just a "blue screen" at night, making it hard to sleep, till they had maintenance shut it off, to "does not work at all" and some said that it "works" but it's really not what they expected. Also, the love seats in these rooms have been removed, and the seating is limited.

Rick

Really hoping for a good experience with the virtual balcony. Over the weekend Royal offered this category at a rock bottom price, so we bit. Will be on Navigator in two weeks. Hope they didn't lower fare due to issues. :eek:

Edited by denamo

Really hoping for a good experience with the virtual balcony. Over the weekend Royal offered this category at a rock bottom price, so we bit. Will be on Navigator in two weeks. Hope they didn't lower fare due to issues. :eek:
I posted a review on 11/30 and you may want to read. We just got off yesterday. Happy I got a VB to check it out, but not planning any further bookings in one......just saying.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41811115&postcount=410

Rick

The live picture is of the Starboard Side and just shows they have the "CAPABILITY" to show any view. We were on Starboard but 99% of our views were of the Bow forward. I would like to choose the view!!! One chair is NOT enough! JMHO.

We leave Sunday and was wondering if you found any special places on board, any areas with special views, more loungers, less people, quiet reading corners? I understand the menu is new (which I have) and what you thought of it? Thank you

Do you like quiet? Don't go to the Library.....it is also the game room now! oops! Usually pretty loud there.:rolleyes: Disco may be quieter! Not even a piano there now....... :o

don

Virtual Balcony - At Sea

12763431895_0c6ab4c14d_b.jpg

Virtual Balcony - Jamaica watching Freedom turn around to back in

12763576733_68fe0577f9_b.jpg

Virtual Balcony - Jamaica watching Freedom turn around to back in

12763572503_8d52962048_b.jpg

Virtual Balcony - Cayman Isle watching Holland America jump in front of us........

12763866484_998b5bcf57_b.jpg

a68vet, I'm glad to see that your virtual window worked as advertised. I understand that there are just two cameras, one facing forward and the other aft. Is that correct?

On another subject, in Junior suites, I'm sorry to hear that the coffee tables are gone. We used them much of the time. Hope they are not gone in the GS's.

Rick

a68vet, I'm glad to see that your virtual window worked as advertised. I understand that there are just two cameras, one facing forward and the other aft. Is that correct?

On another subject, in Junior suites, I'm sorry to hear that the coffee tables are gone. We used them much of the time. Hope they are not gone in the GS's.

Rick

I believe that I read somewhere that there are 5 or so cameras and that your virtual balcony should give the "true" view of where you would be looking if you have the balcony... or possibly the ability to switch between the views. There was a very long detailed thread with all the technical information about a month ago.

Rick

Hi Rick, we met your good friends Ron and Barbara & we may actually be related. Had great times with them every night in DL.

Hotel Director said they were redesigning the coffee tables, but when available is the question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app