OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

You will be hooked after your first one! Make sure to purchase a Next Cruise Certificate (you can decide an exact cruise date & ship later) while you are on board. It costs $100 (only put one name on the form or you will get 2 at a cost of $200) and that is the deposit for 1 person on your next booking. You can pay $100 for the 2nd person in the room when you turn it in to an actual booking later on. You will also receive $100 onboard credit for a 7-9 day cruise and $150 for 10 days or longer, I think it even goes up to $200 for longer cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Cindy; I'm sure we will be hooked and i will definitely check out the Next Cruise. I have enjoyed this board so much. My TA yesterday sent me an email and was going to send me my travel papers and luggage tags, i told her no need i wasn't about to wait - i've printed everything I thought i could ever use. LOL. Can't wait.

Anyone on future 7-day sailings would love to see the Compasses on those before March 30. I'm an anal planner and I live to see the schedule ahead of time. I don't want to miss a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

http:// www. royal caribbeanblog .com/ category/ category/navigator-of-the-seas-live-blog

I found this site - there is a guy onboard that is uploading pictures and is doing a review this week for the 7 day cruise, not the same ports as we will be in but he is posting the daily compasses.

Question on the "next cruise" certificates - on Carnival you would put $100 down to reserve, then when it came to booking you would get $100 off the price PLUS the $100 on board credit, thus effectively turning your $100 down payment into $200 of benefits. Is that how it works on Royal too? The way I read the certificate posted here, it looks like the $100 booking discount isn't there, so I would essentially break even on a 6-9 night cruise by paying $100 for the certificate and then getting it back in obc?

The $100 you pay for the certificate is applied to your cruise at the time of booking. Example cruise cost $1000 for 7 nights (normal down payment is $250pp) you apply your certificate in lieu of the deposit and your new balance is $900. Then you also receive $100 OBC. Hope that makes sense. The second person in your cabin would also owe a deposit of $100 at the time of booking (instead of $250).

To me it's a way to keep some cash in my pocket instead of paying a down payment of $500 for us a couple, we only pay $200... and we get $100 OBC to boot.

It's been a few years since I was on the NOS, but can't remember if you can get pizza, and if so where?

You can find pizza in the Windjammer and also on the promenade at the Cafe Promenade (it's not displayed in the glass front cabinet, it's on a warmer tray behind the counter). Normally each place has a couple of different kinds of pizza at any given time.

Cindy....thank you so much for a wonderful review....so much great information. I will be on NOS on March 9th with my 2 granddaughters and now I am more excited than before!

I can't wait until your Europe review, I plan on taking my oldest granddaughter for her 16th birthday in 2015 and I am totally lost....after so many Caribbean cruises it is time to for me to climb out of my box.

Thank you for taking the time to post all this. I have been stuck to it. I am sailing in April and my first time on nos and my friends first cruise ever. This is building the excitement. Thank you again

Jamie

Jamie,

By April they should have all the kinks worked out from Dry Dock and you and your friends will have a fabulous time, no doubt! Until then you can fill your days reading all the reviews between now & then. Thanks for taking time to post :)

Thanks Cindy; I'm sure we will be hooked and i will definitely check out the Next Cruise. I have enjoyed this board so much. My TA yesterday sent me an email and was going to send me my travel papers and luggage tags, i told her no need i wasn't about to wait - i've printed everything I thought i could ever use. LOL. Can't wait.

You sound like me as far as planning goes! At least it won't be long for you now... I'm already having withdrawals... I have over 8 months to go before our Med cruise :(

Cindy....thank you so much for a wonderful review....so much great information. I will be on NOS on March 9th with my 2 granddaughters and now I am more excited than before!

I can't wait until your Europe review, I plan on taking my oldest granddaughter for her 16th birthday in 2015 and I am totally lost....after so many Caribbean cruises it is time to for me to climb out of my box.

Wow! What a lucky granddaughter :)

This will be our first "cruise" to Europe so I've done a ton of research & planning. I think we could leave tomorrow and everything is done :)

If you've never experienced Alaska you should go there also at least once - it is unbelievably beautiful and not anything like what you see in the rest of the U.S., especially if you can go inland on a pre or post cruise tour or trip.

Just take a look at the pictures in my Alaska thread and you will be ready to book that trip :)

They were doing this but in Chops starboard side on several occasions. Also on cavitation vibration etc. We visited aft cabin 6692 and didn't notice any, but every time we went up to Viking Crown especially in Izumi the thing was really vibrating???

Thanks for the information.

Cindy...

I have cruised Alaska...I took my daughter when she was in her 20's....she did not want to go....said it would be all "old people".....ask her today and she will tell you it was her favorite cruise...she has cruised all over the Caribbean and Hawaii but Alaska is her all time favorite.

My granddaughter also loves to cruise, I started taking her with me when she was 2 and the March 9th cruise will be her 24th cruise and my 43rd! Yes...she is a tad bit spoiled and I am addicted to cruising!

You can not get into the area where the new cabins on deck 12 are yet. Ready for passengers on 2/23. There are still workers in this area. Rooms are not complete

I should have been more specific. I meant exterior pics of the deck area between the sky bar and where the new cabins are.

Anyone on future 7-day sailings would love to see the Compasses on those before March 30. I'm an anal planner and I live to see the schedule ahead of time. I don't want to miss a thing.

http:// www. royal caribbeanblog .com/ category/ category/navigator-of-the-seas-live-blog

I found this site - there is a guy onboard that is uploading pictures and is doing a review this week for the 7 day cruise, not the same ports as we will be in but he is posting the daily compasses.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Just found out we have friends at church who are doing our itinerary March 2. She's going to save the Compasses for me.

Looking over all of the activities available on the Compass makes me even more excited about this cruise than I was. I do have a couple of questions. I noticed that on Day 2 under "snacks" it lists pool BBQ. Do they only have the BBQ on certain days? The two previous Carnival cruises I've been on both had a pool side dining option (burgers or stir fry), does the Navigator not have a daily pool side offering? Also, I noticed under "lunch" it lists Brasserie 30. Can you please tell me what this is?

Thanks!!

Looking over all of the activities available on the Compass makes me even more excited about this cruise than I was. I do have a couple of questions. I noticed that on Day 2 under "snacks" it lists pool BBQ. Do they only have the BBQ on certain days? The two previous Carnival cruises I've been on both had a pool side dining option (burgers or stir fry), does the Navigator not have a daily pool side offering? Also, I noticed under "lunch" it lists Brasserie 30. Can you please tell me what this is?

Thanks!!

Sorry. I can't help with the poolside foods.

I can tell you about Brasserie 30. It is an express lunch offered in the MDR on Sea Days only. First there is a huge Tutti (fast) salad bar with 4-5 types of salad greens & tons of add ins (eggs, cheeses, tomatoes, ham, shrimp, prosciutto, croutons, olives,etc). You point out what you want and they put it in a stainless bowl At the end of the line they add dressing & chop the salad & place it in a bowl for you. I skip the chop part. This can be a meal by itself or you can just ask for a small salad. There is also Brie cheese and assorted breads available here. I love the salad bar!

Then there is usually a fresh pasta offering with different sauces. And finally a full menu of quick meals you can order at the table. Also a dessert menu.

You do not sit at your regular assigned dinner tables. They just fill tables as folks arrive.

Enjoy!

Edited by ace1zoe2

Cindy, thank you for taking the time to scan or photo all the compasses and info that came to your cabin! It reminded me of how much paper we get every cruise. The port and debarking information is invaluable and almost all the questions I had were answered in that paperwork. Thank you for also posting the spa prices and the wifi info.

This is one of the most useful reviews I ever read. You deserve a gold star!

Edited by mconthehighseas

Cindy, thank you for taking the time to scan or photo all the compasses and info that came to your cabin! It reminded me of how much paper we get every cruise. The port and debarking information is invaluable and almost all the questions I had were answered in that paperwork. Thank you for also posting the spa prices and the wifi info.

This is one of the most useful reviews I ever read. You deserve a gold star!

You're so very welcome! It just makes it so much easier to plan when you have an idea of how things work. I know I'm usually looking for this type of info & can't find it. Appreciate you taking time to comment. Have a great cruise!

Thanks!!

Remember this was a 4 day cruise, so many things were not available. Much more is offered on a full 7 day cruise.

Thanks so much for posting all the info about NOS. We're 1st time cruisers and will be on the 3/2 sailing. So excited after seeing all the pics :)

Welcome to the exciting & fun filled world of cruising! I hope that you are bitten by the cruising but like the rest of us here on CC :)

I should have been more specific. I meant exterior pics of the deck area between the sky bar and where the new cabins are.

A few of the outside from ashore. A few of the hallway and a few looking at the cabin area from pool bar.

12308766935_d2d3e26368_b.jpg

IMG_1569_zps799491f9.jpg

IMG_1497_zps750eeb53.jpg

Cindy, you did a fabulous job posting everything. I appreciate all the time you spent not only taking all the pictures, but putting them on a hosting site, scanning Compasses, etc. From one OCD planning Cindy to another, BRAVO!:)