OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

We are sailing on 02/23 in one of the new deck 12 balconies. As soon as we get in the room, we will be taking pictures and uploading to photobucket to post on CC. We should have plenty of time to do everything while still in port with internet connection..

This is a totally different menu from the Chops on the other ships. That Kobe beef burger looks interesting. I'm surprised no mud pie on the dessert menu!!

Yes, this is the new menu that is being rolled out fleet wide. Navigator was the first ship to get the new menu. We didn't go this time but plan to try it on Serenade in the fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Menus Continued:

The Royal Cheese Plate (to go) makes a nice evening snack with a glass of wine on the balcony with good friends, the wake, the sounds & smell of the ocean :) Who could ask for more?

IMG_0816_zps1cc321b5.jpg

Sure wish there was a love button to push on here! :D my kind of evening. Can't wait until March 30th!

Hi!

I've enjoyed all the pictures you have posted and the details, thanks so much. I'm getting married on the NOS in Dec and would love to know what you thought of the wedding chapel, the viking lounge, and the cosmopolitan room. I want a great view, but not a wild decorated room either.

Thank you!

Kasey

Hi!

I've enjoyed all the pictures you have posted and the details, thanks so much. I'm getting married on the NOS in Dec and would love to know what you thought of the wedding chapel, the viking lounge, and the cosmopolitan room. I want a great view, but not a wild decorated room either.

Thank you!

Kasey

Kasey,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! How exciting to be married on the ship :)

The chapel is small and intimate with a tasteful simplistic decor. I loved the stained glass in it. I think it will make for a lovely ceremony.

I believe that the Viking Crown Lounge has been renamed to the Cosmopolitan Lounge so they are one in the same. I loved the new colors and fabrics - very contemperary. I especially liked the bar height tables for 4 and barchairs. I believe the dance floor was replaced during the dry dock. The space has fabulous ocean views and a nice bar area as well.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Best wishes for a lifetime of "Happily Ever Afters"

Cindy

How do you get plates to go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not a sweet eater so I always skip dessert. Instead I just ask for a cheese plate & crackers "to-go". They just leave the top covers on the plates like they do for room service. I just drop it by our room & it's there whenever I get ready for it without having to wait for room service.

We did also order a couple more from room service when our friends dropped by later in the evening to have a glass of wine on the balcony. As previously stated there was no charge but we also tipped the room service person a few dollars. We just had to wait about 30-40 minutes but that was no problem, we were having fun socializing anyway :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by ace1zoe2

Cindy - you have SOOOO gone above and beyond the call of duty on this review. Photos, compasses and menus have been outstanding. This will be the best advanced preparation that I've EVER had for a cruise. Thanks! :)

Yes, very much agree with this. Problem is it has me so excited and wishing we didn't have to wait 2.5 more months until our turn!

Thank you Cindy for the great thread and all the time you have spent on it!

Yes, very much agree with this. Problem is it has me so excited and wishing we didn't have to wait 2.5 more months until our turn!

Thank you Cindy for the great thread and all the time you have spent on it!

Thank you both. I enjoyed doing it.

I feel your pain about waiting... I've got 8 months until our next cruise :(

Great review Cindy!

Did you happen to notice if Vintages is like the one on Oasis and Allure where you can order tapas as well as wine or is it just wine?

Thank you!

I'm sorry I did not notice. I had planned to go here at least once while we were onboard but never found time. There was a wine club onboard with us & I know they held several events in there in which I saw food but I'm not sure if that was just something special for their group or not.

Maybe someone else will know & post the answer.

Great review Cindy!

Did you happen to notice if Vintages is like the one on Oasis and Allure where you can order tapas as well as wine or is it just wine?

Thank you!

I know we could on the Mariner, so I'm assuming that's fleet-wide. We got to be very friendly with the guy in Vintages last year, and he said he would be transferring to Navigator. I hope to see him again in April.

Does RCI provide any kind of tote bag to use to carry stuff like to the pool? Or, should I bring my own?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not any more. When we first started with them 10 years ago we received a couple of bags but they no longer do that.

Best to bring your own.

Thank you again and again for the time spent (and spending ) on this review!

I really feel like we will be getting our money's worth knowing so much before we go!

Do you know which forum I could join that does a dress exchange? It seems like I read about women sending their dresses to others after a cruise, free except for S/H, I think this is so smart because a lot of us don't want pictures with same dress on multiple cruises , lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you again and again for the time spent (and spending ) on this review!

I really feel like we will be getting our money's worth knowing so much before we go!

Do you know which forum I could join that does a dress exchange? It seems like I read about women sending their dresses to others after a cruise, free except for S/H, I think this is so smart because a lot of us don't want pictures with same dress on multiple cruises , lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called. Recycling clothing among cc cruisers or users. Sorry I forgot which is the last word as I have it subscribed

Jamie