'Vintage' wine bar question/ Wine seminar question.

I read a 'few' reviews from professionals. They mentioned 'sampling' wine at the Vintage bar... I was curious about that...

Second, we've been on two RCCL cruises. A 4-night and a 3-night. So...

We get a 'free wine seminar' thing on a 7-night or longer cruise.

What does this entail?

And what kind of other 'perks' can we expect? *This is my first time going since I turned 18 and requested my Crown and Anchor card which is in my wallet. ;) )

My wife went to a few of the wine tastings and loved them. They cost about $10 each and she felt it was more than worth it, in fact one night she won a $23 glass of wine. She said she sampled about 6 or 8 different wines and they told you about the different types. There is one wine tasting that the coupon is good for - the compass will tell you which one it is.

The free tasting is held in the main dining room and is a good beginner's look at wine. We have been and it isn't bad at all. If you already know about wine and pairings, there are better things to do with your time.

Your C&A coupon book has a free wine tasting coupon. It's usually on a sea day and not a bad experience. They have a cheese and fruit table where many people "pig out just because it's there". The food is meant to be tasted between wine samplings, to get rid of the previous wine's taste. (As my better half tells me.)

The Vintage Wine Bar is only on the Mariner and the Navigator, so only if you are sailing on one of these ships will you have the opportunity to do the "paid" wine tasting. All the 7 day cruises have wine tasting in the dining room in which you can use your C & A free coupon. The coupon is not good for the Vintage Bar tasting. I've done both and even though I felt the Vintage one was extremely informative, I wouldn't hesitate to do the free one. You always get to sample new wines.

If you are sailing a ship with the Vintage Bar, you can go in and ask to sample something before you order a glass. I was having trouble deciding which wine to order so he brought he two to try - one of which was from a $100 bottle of wine! Even though it was good, I chose the cheaper wine. I wasn't up to paying $25 for a glass of wine!

The regular wine tasting on the Voyager was very poor in my opinion. For free, I guess its worth it but I paid the $10 and it definitely wasn't worth it. They had a very cheap, poor selection of wines. The gave you a cheese platter that you split between two people (nice way to spread germs) and some saltines. We had gone to the one on Hal and it had a much better variety of wine, was much more informative and the cheese and fruit platter that came with it was nicer.

Archived