Just off Carnival Liberty- me and Gilligan

VikeQn2

I am sitting at the deauville waiting for our room to be ready so I thought I'd grab the I pad,

Embarkation was easy - we were on the ship by 1145.

99% of the food we ate was excellent! I loved those burgers!

In Half Moon Caye we rented a hut and it was worth every penny. The beach was incredible. That was also Super Bowl Sunday. This was the only thing Carnival really fumbled the ball on. They closed Guys burger joking and the Burrito place and put out hot dogs and crappy deep fried snacks. The Buffett was incredibly weak as well. We never ate that night except for pizza which wasn't the best. That's my only complaint about food- everything else was great.

1st sea day it rained for a while and we napped - we just chilled out.

St. Thomas was a beautiful day - we took a taxi to Megan's Bay. Our kids ds (27) and dil (24) took a carnival sponsored tour and got left at the shopping market. They took a taxi back.

The shows were really good ... We'll except for the Love and Marriage show. That's where trouble began. We sat in the front row trying to get our honeymooning kids up on stage. Man oh man did that blow up in my face. My darling husband decided after they made us stand up to sing the theme from Gillian's Island! The idiot got us up on stage where we made total fools of ourselves. Needless to say we didn't have another quiet minute on the ship cause Gilligan ( who's name is really dan) made us famous.

San Juan- been there done that . We decided to stay on the very quiet ship to avoid our fans! We had a nice day.

Grand Turk - I was unimpressed with the beach and we spent the day at Margarittaville. Our kids went on a 2 stop snorkeling trip and loved it. They saw tons of fish and got to pet a shark.

Over all we had a great trip. We would cruise the Liberty again. Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks for the review. I learned early on to sit towards the back cause my Mohawk always gets me called up on stage. As a performer... Ya have to pay for that haha.

We leave in around 3 months, and I will be proposing to my sweet lady of five years on the ship. I am quite excited... And I have her convinced we are just going on a cheap little vacation :).

Any suggestions on things we must do? This is my first outing with carnival!

Glad you had a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on this cruise as well. I actually found most of the menu to be the old stuff with just less overall choices nightly but plenty for us . . . . and of course the dessert menu was different with the pie (not my favorite) and a couple newbies (hot buttered popcorn pudding thing)

Thanks for the review. I learned early on to sit towards the back cause my Mohawk always gets me called up on stage. As a performer... Ya have to pay for that haha.

We leave in around 3 months, and I will be proposing to my sweet lady of five years on the ship. I am quite excited... And I have her convinced we are just going on a cheap little vacation :).

Any suggestions on things we must do? This is my first outing with carnival!

Glad you had a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is soooo sweet! I suggest you post your own thread looking for suggestions... I suspect you'll get lots of great ideas from fellow CC'ers!

Sorry iam still on via action in Miami. The prime rib as awesome and actually all the beef was good. With exception on the flat iron steak that was tuff. We never had a bad meal in the mdr. Husband ate everything fish and loved it. I ate mostly beef. We really liked to brunch on sea days but service was really slow.

My kids did the only snorkeling excursion that included 2 stops and no booze party cruise. Not sure the name of it.

I only hit my 15 drink limit one night. LOL!!

We really enjoyed Liberty. Had an aft wrap on deck 8. Loved it so much we booked a cruise with my in-laws for their 50th in 2015 on the Liberty (going out of Port Canaveral). So glad we got an aft wrap again and two more cabins attached.

That is going to be a great one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thinking of booking the Liberty for Christmas week and thinking of booking cabin 1064 on Panaroma deck. I am worried about noise from the pool deck, and slide. Anyone have any experience with this deck and cabins near the slide?

Thinking of booking the Liberty for Christmas week and thinking of booking cabin 1064 on Panaroma deck. I am worried about noise from the pool deck, and slide. Anyone have any experience with this deck and cabins near the slide?

We had 1058 on Freedom and didn't hear any noise from the slides or Lido. The only noise complaint I had were balcony doors slamming but that would be the same on any deck. I will always book on Lido or Panorama from now on. It was so convenient to the Lido deck and to the elevators to the promenade and dining room.

We had 1058 on Freedom and didn't hear any noise from the slides or Lido. The only noise complaint I had were balcony doors slamming but that would be the same on any deck. I will always book on Lido or Panorama from now on. It was so convenient to the Lido deck and to the elevators to the promenade and dining room.

Thanks you have been a big help. I will book the Panarama deck :D