Need my cruise now!

SissasMomE

Ditto! I've never been a winter fan, but living here in NY I have no choice. I'm so so sick of it. And I have no cruise til a quickie in December. And I have no summer vacation plans. And the hubs works for the power company, so he's never home with this weather. wah wah wah I'm whining big time.

Passing the time looking at my pics from Epic this time last year. Ahhhhhh

It's snowing. Again. Another big storm forecasted for Wed into Thursday. This has got to be the longest winter we have had in the northeast in a long time. I am so ready for my cruise in April .... I wish it was now!!

So understand how hard it is to wait until April. I grew up in New England and do not miss the winter. This year has been one of the worst for the East that I can remember.

We live in the south and right now I'm looking at hail and light snow. No one goes to work or school and anyone with a brain stays off the road. Plumbers are raking it in this year. Lost my hot water heater because it's in the garage and that's a repair that has to be done immediately as water is spewing all over so overtime for plumber and $$$ from me. DD and SIL have a rental home here and the pipes burst. Many $$$ on that one!

This has been a b*tch of winter for everyone and we all need a cruise ASAP. So NCL bring a ship into NOLA this afternoon and I'll be on it until this weather is over:)

Hi, also in Northern NJ and we did get away on the Breakaway. Got home to a gazebo on our deck mangled, along with our outside heater and the gazebo ceiling fan, about 2 K in damage. That was after we dug 5 cars out of the ice skating rink in our driveway.

Hi, also in Northern NJ and we did get away on the Breakaway. Got home to a gazebo on our deck mangled, along with our outside heater and the gazebo ceiling fan, about 2 K in damage. That was after we dug 5 cars out of the ice skating rink in our driveway.

Egads! Nothing like that to make you wanna turn right around and get right back on the boat! Glad to see you have other cruises coming up. Hopefully all this winter weather will be done soon.

Edited by LrgPizza

Haven't been on CC in awhile, glad to see you are booked for Getaway! We will be sailing on her next year! Can't come soon enough for us either! :)

Hey Megan! Yes, we are booked and really looking forward to the cruise. Are ya'll taking your little guy on this one?

So understand how hard it is to wait until April. I grew up in New England and do not miss the winter. This year has been one of the worst for the East that I can remember.

We live in the south and right now I'm looking at hail and light snow. No one goes to work or school and anyone with a brain stays off the road. Plumbers are raking it in this year. Lost my hot water heater because it's in the garage and that's a repair that has to be done immediately as water is spewing all over so overtime for plumber and $$$ from me. DD and SIL have a rental home here and the pipes burst. Many $$$ on that one!

This has been a b*tch of winter for everyone and we all need a cruise ASAP. So NCL bring a ship into NOLA this afternoon and I'll be on it until this weather is over:)

We have 1 more winter and then we are heading right back to the south for good. Can't come soon enough!! :)

Totally ready for our cruise and between you and me, I think my countdown clock is broken because it doesn't seem to be moving fast enough. :)

We are expecting more snow on Wednesday and Thursday and the only people raking it in around here are the grocery stores! Just returned from going to the grocer on my normal shopping day (silly me!) and stood in line for over an hour. We are only supposed to get 5 inches, but around here that is like getting 5 feet. All of our family in Ohio laugh at our wild traffic and weather stories!

To all: stay warm, be safe and have wonderful cruising dreams!

Hey Megan! Yes, we are booked and really looking forward to the cruise. Are ya'll taking your little guy on this one?

Yep! It will be his first cruise! He will be 5 years old and just finishing kindergarten. Not sure who's more excited out of the 3 of us... :D

Another ice storm coming overnight:eek: This is the winter that never ends.............trying to be patient but it's getting harder! My azaleas are already looking bad and the ice will finish them. Combined with drought and then ice most of my landscaping is in bad shape. I'm not much of a gardener so will be looking for tough low maintenance plants.

But on a positive note I will eat something yummy dinner and keep my fingers crossed that we don't loss power.

Just keep thinking that I'll be cruising in 53 days!

Edited by kcwingwalker

I can't take it either this has got to be the worst winter I can remember in many years I'm here in New Jersey so far this winter we have 45 inches and it's packed like ice outside. Expecting another 6 to 12 inches on Thursday. I have a flight out to Vegas for a week just to warm up a little bit on Friday I looked at the forecast and it's going to be 80° all of next week yippee. Then my countdown begins for March 23 it can't come fast enough but at least I'll be in Vegas for some warm air and no snow!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Another ice storm coming overnight:eek: This is the winter that never ends.............trying to be patient but it's getting harder!

Just keep thinking that I'll be cruising in 53 days!

Yes, another storm, :eek: we're leaving tomorrow for southern Texas (not a cruise, sniff, sniff) but at least a getaway, and already received notice that our flight may be cancelled or, at the very least, delayed.

Hope you have a wonderful dinner and just around the corner, a wonderful cruise as well.

I can't take it either this has got to be the worst winter I can remember in many years I'm here in New Jersey so far this winter we have 45 inches and it's packed like ice outside. Expecting another 6 to 12 inches on Thursday. I have a flight out to Vegas for a week just to warm up a little bit on Friday I looked at the forecast and it's going to be 80° all of next week yippee. Then my countdown begins for March 23 it can't come fast enough but at least I'll be in Vegas for some warm air and no snow!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I honestly hope it's only 6 - 12 inches, because my facebook is blowing up with 20 - 24 inch maps. :eek: We have ice all over the house, in the gutters, on the deck ... everywhere LOL I need to thaw!!!

Think it's time start singing Boat Drinks and a drink sounds darn good right now:D

Boat drinks

By: jimmy buffett

Boat drinks

Boys in the band ordered boat drinks

Visitors scored on the home rink

Everything seems to be wrong

Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap air fare

I gotta to fly to saint somewhere

Im close to bodily harm

Twenty degrees and the hockey games on

Nobody cares they are way too far gone

Screamin boat drinks, something to keep em all warm

This mornin, I shot six holes in my freezer

I think I got cabin fever

Somebody sound the alarm

Id like to go where the pace of lifes slow

Could you beam me somewhere mr. scott?

Any ol place here on earth or in space

You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Oh I know, (I know)

I should be leaving this climate

I got a verse but can't rhyme it

I gotta go where it's warm

Boat drinks

Waitress I need two more boat drinks

Then Im headin south fore my dream shrinks

I gotta go where it's warm (I gotta go where it's warm)

I gotta go where it's warm!

I gotta go where there aint any snow

Where there aint any blow

Cause my fin sinks so low

Think it's time start singing Boat Drinks and a drink sounds darn good right now:D

Boat drinks

By: jimmy buffett

Boat drinks

Boys in the band ordered boat drinks

Visitors scored on the home rink

Everything seems to be wrong

Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap air fare

I gotta to fly to saint somewhere

Im close to bodily harm

Twenty degrees and the hockey games on

Nobody cares they are way too far gone

Screamin boat drinks, something to keep em all warm

This mornin, I shot six holes in my freezer

I think I got cabin fever

Somebody sound the alarm

Id like to go where the pace of lifes slow

Could you beam me somewhere mr. scott?

Any ol place here on earth or in space

You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Oh I know, (I know)

I should be leaving this climate

I got a verse but can't rhyme it

Boat drinks

Waitress I need two more boat drinks

Then Im headin south fore my dream shrinks

I gotta go where it's warm!

I gotta go where there aint any snow

Where there aint any blow

Cause my fin sinks so low

Ahhh .... love Jimmy Buffett!!

Edited by SissasMomE

I say let it snow. Another 6 to 12 Thursday. I don't play in it, but I do work in it. I feel the more uncomfortable and inconvienienced I am now, the more I will enjoy Bermuda in June. I do say no ice storms, they are the worse. Not much for ice storms this winter, it has been way to cold. Lots of frozen pipes this year, the frost is deeper than normal.

107 days to Bermuda on the DAWN!!!!

Car wash owners are signing the blues, too darn cold to go to.

Tow trucks & body shops are dancing to the cold.

Tire shops are seeing the financial results of the potholes.

All of the local Home Depots are telling the truth. "No Salt" but come back soon.

We will somehow make it thru - our SUV fuel tank is at least "full"

But, who's going to clean the sidewalk while we are on a cruise. ;) :) :eek:

Hell with it, we are going to Shabu Shabu

Edited by mking8288

car wash owners are signing the blues, too darn cold to go to.

Tow trucks & body shops are dancing to the cold.

Tire shops are seeing the financial results of the potholes.

All of the local home depots are telling the truth. "no salt" but come back soon.

We will somehow make it thru - our suv fuel tank is at least "full"

but, who's going to clean the sidewalk while we are on a cruise. ;) :) :eek:

Hell with it, we are going to shabu shabu

lol!

I AM SICK OF THIS WEATHER !:mad:

Here in Northern NJ..Bergen County...we are runing out of places to put the snow...my driveway is half its size. my roof is covered with chunks of ice, roads have little mountains of snow on sides..making it hard to see at intersections....and many towns/stores are out of salt...next storm.. tomorrow night into Thusday...calling for another foot...!:eek: And it is COLD...teens/low 20s for weeks...

I DO wish I had a cruise to look forward to right now...:(

Here in Northern NJ..Bergen County...we are runing out of places to put the snow...my driveway is half its size. my roof is covered with chunks of ice, roads have little mountains of snow on sides..making it hard to see at intersections....and many towns/stores are out of salt...next storm.. tomorrow night into Thusday...calling for another foot...!:eek: And it is COLD...teens/low 20s for weeks...

OMG I know. I can't find salt anywhere and the darn pile at the edge of my driveway is almost as tall as I am LOL I'm laughing but it's really not funny. I don't know where they are going to put it all if we really do get the 20+ inches they are saying. Our schools get 1 more snow day, which will be Thursday, and then they start taking away from spring break. I am beyond done!!! I am never, ever going to complain about how hot it is in the summer again.

OMG I know. I can't find salt anywhere and the darn pile at the edge of my driveway is almost as tall as I am LOL I'm laughing but it's really not funny. I don't know where they are going to put it all if we really do get the 20+ inches they are saying. Our schools get 1 more snow day, which will be Thursday, and then they start taking away from spring break. I am beyond done!!! I am never, ever going to complain about how hot it is in the summer again.

AND to make it worse...I am care giver for my 99 year old mom this month....she is with us....and I pray...she stays healthy...no way would I be able to get her to the doctor!!!!