Anyone ever have the $50 early saver penalty waived?

Dixie24

When we booked on the Triumph over Easter, we really wanted to do the Glory the same week but it was almost $200 more per person at the time. With the pack and go sale, it is only $60 more. I would love to switch to it, but wanted to know if there is any way to do so without paying the $50 per person change fee. Any insight?

When we booked on the Triumph over Easter, we really wanted to do the Glory the same week but it was almost $200 more per person at the time. With the pack and go sale, it is only $60 more. I would love to switch to it, but wanted to know if there is any way to do so without paying the $50 per person change fee. Any insight?

Call to find out if they'd wave the fee since you are re-booking immediately.

Send an email to Mischelle cclsupport@carnival.com

Give her all of your details.

They might say no, but at least you tried. Right?

Good Luck!

:)

Unfortunately they will not waive this. It must be an extraordinary circumstance (if Carnival cancels the cruise of changes the itinerary).

Just because you want to change ships will not do it.

It is not a manual transaction, when you do a switch they have to cancel the one booking to re-book the other.

When cancelling the system will apply the penalty and the $50 p.p. will not be released for refund.

I'm sure some techie could overrule this, but again, the circumstances have to be out of the ordinary.

A few months ago I booked cruise with the new Tortola port. Shortly after they changed the port and I called to cancel. I could not get a refund but they did waive the $50 fee and gave me a credit for my deposit or offered to let me change cruise at that time. They said it would be a one time exception only!

My sister's mother in law had a heart attack AND stroke a few days before they were supposed to cruise. They still charged the whole family $50 a person to change. If that isn't an emergency or hardship I don't know what one would be.

My sister's mother in law had a heart attack AND stroke a few days before they were supposed to cruise. They still charged the whole family $50 a person to change. If that isn't an emergency or hardship I don't know what one would be.

If it was a few days from cruising, they were probably in full penalty - and should have lost the entire cost of the cruise. I'd say that Carnival did pretty well by them.

The ONLY circumstance I'm aware of that you can get around the early saver penalty is if you get called to military service - and then you have to provide a copy of the orders in order to get around it. Otherwise, "cancel for any reason" travel insurance would be the other option - but it probably costs more than the penalty. If you love the Glory's itinerary, look at it as costing $110 more and decide from there.

We just cancelled our September cruise on the Glory and immediately rebooked for the same length, same day, more expensive cruise on the Sunshine (work schedule changes made it impossible to catch the last flight to Miami--Port Canaveral is drivable for us). We were charged the $50 pp penalty. We were also told that our remaining deposit could not be applied to our Sunshine cruise since it had to be a future booking. That didn't sound right to me, so I made another call and we were able to apply our remaining deposit to our new cruise fare. I knew the risk when I booked early saver, but I don't think I'll be doing it again.

Was booked into an 8 day cruise on a Caribbean run under early saver when they announced the Legend was doing the Panama Canal. I asked my PVP if I could switch the cruises without the penalty, normally no....but she said if there was a situation where there was either an upgrade on the original cruise or if the cruise I switched to cost more I could grovel my case to her supervisor. Surprisingly I was able to come to an arrangement. Was charged the 50.00 per person fee but was given 50.00 OBC per person on the Legend. So it seems like a wash but I also got the feeling this is a one time adjustment as I think they keep really good records on when I call and what I ask for. I am also a regular cruiser so I don't know how that would play into anything.

I have canceled ES a few times when I got a better deal and it was worth the $50 pp. Its usually worth the risk because its such a low rate. A few weeks ago, I got the fee waived when I booked online and within 10 minutes realized I had a conflict on the date. I called and asked to change the date. They did and waived the penalty because it was within an hour of booking.

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000-F using Forums mobile app