Does local entertainment every come on board to perform?

dln929

A comment on one of my Roll Calls got me to thinking about this. We're on the Journey for ten nights. The night of our Azamazing Evening is not the same port as our overnight. We have a few long evenings, too, so there's ample opportunity for local entertainment to come on board. Does this ever happen? When we were on the Quest for eight nights we had a lovely woman singer but she was on board for the entire voyage, and all other entertainment was in-house, so no "one night only" performers for us.

On our October 2012 Azamara Quest cruise, Azamara imported an opera singer (tenor) from the Naples opera house to sing for the White Nights party we had while anchored at Sorrento. It was fabulous!:)

On our September 2013 Azamara Quest cruise, our AzAmazing evening was held just a 10-minute walk from where our tenders docked on Hvar Island. There we were entertained by Croatian cellist Ana Rucner.

Love the sound of that. Hope they do that on our trip, eh Deirdre?

Phil

Well, once again the Azamazing Evening for our May voyage is in a different port than the overnight port....and we are close to Naples....so let's keep our fingers crossed. :D I love opera!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies--it seems that having local entertainment is maybe more the rule than the exception, and I think that's azamazing.