FLL Airport

Bev

Hi everyone

Now that our travel is so close, I hope you won't mind helping me out with a couple of questions about the FLL airport.

DH Peter and I arrive first at Terminal 2 Concourse D.

Our friend arrives next at Terminal 3 Concourse E.

Where would be a good place to meet up with her in Terminal 3? Is there an easily recognizable meeting point?

Then our BIL and SIL arrive last at Terminal 3 Concourse F.

Same questions - Where would be a good place to meet up with them in Terminal 3? Is there an easily recognizable meeting point?

Thanks so much for your help with this!

Bev

Edited by Bev

Yes. Just meet them where they come out of the concourse and then go down to baggage claim together.

Hi

I don't know the airport at all, that's why I'm asking all these questions. If we arrive in Terminal 2, will our baggage claim area be the same as that for Terminal 3?

Or, will we have to claim our baggage in Terminal 2, then move to Terminal 3 and wait for them outside the baggage claim area for Terminal 3?

Bev

Edited by Bev
typo

Hi

I don't know the airport at all, that's why I'm asking all these questions. If we arrive in Terminal 2, will our baggage claim area be the same as that for Terminal 3?

Or, will we have to claim our baggage in Terminal 2, then move to Terminal 3 and wait for them outside the baggage claim area for Terminal 3?

Bev

Each terminal has its own baggage claim on the lower (arrivals) level. The terminals themselves are very close to each other via wide sidewalks -- it will only be a couple of minute walk from terminal 2 to terminal 3. Here's the map: http://www.broward.org/Airport/Maps/Pages/Overview.aspx

Hi

Bev

Each terminal is a separate building with its own baggage claim. The concourse gates are on the upper level, and the baggge claim is on the lower level. I think that there is one big baggage claim area in each terminal that is used by all concourses in that terminal.

So you get your luggage and proceed to the next terminal to meet your friends. It would help if at least one person in each party has a US cellphone in case flights don't arrive as expected, but I see that you are Canadian. At least make sure that everybody has the list of flight numbers/airlines/ETAs.

Edited by royalcruz

Is everyone flying the same airline? Different airlines are in different buidlings and it is pretty spread out.

Hi

No, we're on Air Canada arriving Terminal 2. Our friend is on USAir arriving Terminal 3 Concourse E. Our BIL/SIL are on Westjet, arriving Terminal 3 Concourse F.

Bev

Hi

No, we're on Air Canada arriving Terminal 2. Our friend is on USAir arriving Terminal 3 Concourse E. Our BIL/SIL are on Westjet, arriving Terminal 3 Concourse F.

Bev

Go to Google Maps and look up the Hollywood-Fort Lauderdale Airport. It looks like it is at most 700 feet from the central exit of terminal 2 to the central exit of terminal 3.

If that is too far to walk, the official airport website http://www.broward.org/Airport/FAQs/Pages/TransportationBetweenTerminals.aspx notes that "Located at the lower level of each terminal entrance, you can catch a courtesy shuttle that will transports passengers from terminal to terminal. Shuttles operate from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week."

If you are trying to determine where to meet in the airport they recommend "Where To Meet Your Party: It’s very simple, meet at the Meeting Point. Large signs, located in the terminal Baggage Claim areas, are the ideal location to meet your friends and family." Alternatively, if you know each others' flight info you can meet at the appropriate baggage carousel.

Hi

Bev

Meet at baggage claim at whomever arrives last. You are going to be playing cell phone tag. The airport is very busy.