Barcelona HOHO bus.

Us Two

Can someone tell me if the Hoho bus can be booked on line cheaper than at a hotel there, in Barcelona. If so , where is the web to apply?

Someone said the red bus is better, what do you think, any with experience? ...Thanks....Joan.

We are staying at an apartment so we won't have a reception desk for info. Are there stands streetside to buy tickets or can we buy as we are getting on the bus?

Edited by SAS21

I posted additional information here but it seems my post has been removed. I don't know why because the link I gave was no different to those that others have posted.

I do wish CC would let us know when they delete our posts and why they have been deleted :mad:

We are staying at an apartment so we won't have a reception desk for info. Are there stands streetside to buy tickets or can we buy as we are getting on the bus?

YES. You will see them...they look like skinny street signs.

I posted additional information here but it seems my post has been removed. I don't know why because the link I gave was no different to those that others have posted.

I do wish CC would let us know when they delete our posts and why they have been deleted :mad:

I don't think it has been removed,but you cam eamil the Host and ask. You can't check your posts as the search function is diabled,but if they ever get it working again you can check to see if it is still there.God only knows when that will be.:D

I don't think it has been removed,but you cam eamil the Host and ask. You can't check your posts as the search function is diabled,but if they ever get it working again you can check to see if it is still there.God only knows when that will be.:D

I have no idea what happened to it. It was quite a long post giving information about the two bus companies. Basically to say there is a small saving for booking online and the red bus company (City Tours) also does a discount for people 65+. Sorry folks but I am not putting that detailed post together again.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your info.

Glad to see theres a senior rate :), will take advantage of that!

The red bus seems to be what we want. Thanks again. ....Joan.

Book your tickets here

http://store.barcelonacitytour.com/shop/en

Seniors (65+) €19.80 for 1 day and €24.30 for 2 days. This compares with the normal, non-online, price of €27 and €35

A word of caution/warning: we did the HOHO bus in Barcelona and it was fantastic. BUT - and this is true for the Bus Turistic and NOT sure if it is the same for the Red bus.... we bought online and saved a little bit of money, but then had to go downtown to their office to have the voucher validated. This was very inconvenient for us as we had chosen a hotel out of town a little ways, on the very last stop on the Green line. Now... it all worked out in the end but having to validate the online voucher was a pain. You can't ride the bus until your voucher is validated, so you need to make your own way to their office. If you had to take a cab it might negate any online savings. I suppose if you were staying closer to the office, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Just a heads up, though. Like I said, overall it was fantastic but this little nugget of info was not included on the website (not that we saw at the time, 2 years ago, anyway).

I'd suggest looking into this.

A word of caution/warning: we did the HOHO bus in Barcelona and it was fantastic. BUT - and this is true for the Bus Turistic and NOT sure if it is the same for the Red bus.... we bought online and saved a little bit of money, but then had to go downtown to their office to have the voucher validated. This was very inconvenient for us as we had chosen a hotel out of town a little ways, on the very last stop on the Green line. Now... it all worked out in the end but having to validate the online voucher was a pain. You can't ride the bus until your voucher is validated, so you need to make your own way to their office. If you had to take a cab it might negate any online savings. I suppose if you were staying closer to the office, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Just a heads up, though. Like I said, overall it was fantastic but this little nugget of info was not included on the website (not that we saw at the time, 2 years ago, anyway).

I have also heard of this fact with the Blue Bus...but believe it isn't the case with the Red Bus...Regardless we found it very easy to purchase (including the sr. discount) our Red Bus tickets as we boarded...I for one think it's unnecessary to pre-purchase the HOHO tickets but that's JMHO and experience.

Continue to hope you're doing well :)

That is no longer the case

As from summer 2013 you can now exchange Bus Turistic vouchers on the bus

Edited by RollieUK

We used the red HOHO after reading many reviews on CC. The reason we finally decided was many said the lines were longer for the Blue [bus Touristic]. I can verify this. One morning we were getting on the Red bus at Plaza Calaluna and we saw this huge crowd of people. We thought, Oh--we will have to wait. But, the line was for the blue bus. The Red HOHO had 3 buses there and were able to fit everyone on the first go-around. We found a similar scene at Segrada Familia around noon and at the Pedrara.

This was my mini-review of Barcelona. I discuss the HOHO buses in it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40658157#post40658157

• 2 weeks later...

i've been to barcelona and have used the hop on/off RED BUS... you don't need to buy tickets on line they are sold right on the bus when you board its not any cheaper on line,,,just make sure you keep your receipt at all time during the whole day that is your way of hoping back on once you get off,,, if i recall there is a one day or a 2 day pass so all depends if ur in barcelona for more than a day i would recommend the 2 days pass, one day is 22euro pp 2 day pass is 29euro per person,,, there is the red line which is the biggest route , the blue and the green it cover many stops and you see lots, also if you use the city sightseeing hop on/off bus in another countery keep that receipt show it in your next country when u do the hhop on/bus again and you get 10% disount of you next ticket... even from one year to another, i've been doing it for the past 5 years....use ththose bbuses almost in every big country well worth it...

i've been to barcelona and have used the hop on/off RED BUS... you don't need to buy tickets on line they are sold right on the bus when you board its not any cheaper on line,,,just make sure you keep your receipt at all time during the whole day that is your way of hoping back on once you get off,,, if i recall there is a one day or a 2 day pass so all depends if ur in barcelona for more than a day i would recommend the 2 days pass, one day is 22euro pp 2 day pass is 29euro per person,,, there is the red line which is the biggest route , the blue and the green it cover many stops and you see lots, also if you use the city sightseeing hop on/off bus in another countery keep that receipt show it in your next country when u do the hhop on/bus again and you get 10% disount of you next ticket... even from one year to another, i've been doing it for the past 5 years....use ththose bbuses almost in every big country well worth it...

I don't know how long ago you were in Barcelona but the 1 day ticket is now €27 (€24.30 online) and the 2 day ticket is €35 (€31.50 online). Yes, it is cheaper if you buy online in advance.

The routes you refer to (red, blue and green) are Bus Turistic (blue and white bus) not City Tours (red bus). City Tours have 2 routes - Orange is the west route and Green is the east route.

• 2 weeks later...
We are in port on March 31st from 9am to 6 pm. Is there time to hit all of the sights on the red bus? If not, what are your top ten?

Thanks, Ryan

Assuming you would want to do more than just drive past, you would probably not have time for more than two, possibly three things.

My top 3 would be

Sagrada Familia

Las Ramblas and Boqueria Market

Cathedral and Gothic Quarter

Together with stopping for a snack lunch (possibly in the market) these would probably fill your day.

Assuming you would want to do more than just drive past, you would probably not have time for more than two, possibly three things.

My top 3 would be

Sagrada Familia

Las Ramblas and Boqueria Market

Cathedral and Gothic Quarter

Together with stopping for a snack lunch (possibly in the market) these would probably fill your day.

Thanks for the top three, I guess my top 10 was not realistic for a one day visit. :)