When booking Sunshine: stinky areas?

tomsuelaw

Hi CC friends,

We are looking at booking the Sunshine for next winter. We will most likely do a lower level balcony mid ship. Was wondering if there are any floors or areas to avoid booking due to past complaints of sewage smells on the ship. I don't mind if I have to walk thru "the stinky" but I don't want to be roomed in the midst of it :o

Thanks!

Hi CC friends,

We are looking at booking the Sunshine for next winter. We will most likely do a lower level balcony mid ship. Was wondering if there are any floors or areas to avoid booking due to past complaints of sewage smells on the ship. I don't mind if I have to walk thru "the stinky" but I don't want to be roomed in the midst of it :o

Thanks!

Avoid deck 3 forward.

We were on the 3rd floor in the front of the ship by the excursion desk. The sewage smell is in the ventilation system there and blows straight into the rooms. That is what the plumber told me when I called about the stink. I saw buckets on our trip in December the full length of the second floor. People on the second floor reported wet carpets in their rooms among other problems. After the staff got the leaking under control that is when everything started stinking and it blew into the 3 floor front and on the 4th floor by the photo gallery.

It seems like people in the mid to back of the ship on the upper levels were the one who reported never seeing a bucket or a smell. Those also seem to be the people who give the great reviews of the ship. I did hear the upper levels complain about the toilets no flushing…We just hit the button 5 or 6 times and eventually it worked.

Good luck hope you have better luck than we did.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the ship 2 weeks ago and purposefully walked every deck forward to aft and back. I never encountered any smells or leaks or buckets of any kind.

I have had smells on other ships that smelled like sewer odors. If it happens in my cabin I pour several cups of water down the floor drain to refill the P-trap and that always takes care of it.

I just got off the Sunshine yesterday and I only noticed the smell towards the end of our cruise. It was mostly on deck 4 near the Liquid Lounge and the Limelight Lounge. Other than that, the whole trip was perfect!

Kirsten

We will be sailing Sunshine in 39 days. I'll stop back for a review. Our cabins are on deck 8 aft, but we will do a tour to see if we notice anything

You're fine where your cabin is. My friend was in 8282. No smell at all. Lol

Have a great time!! We absolutely loved the Sunshine!!

Kirsten

I'll be in a scenic oceanview on the Lido deck. Sure hoping this room works out. I picked this ship in large part to stay in one of these. Not much is said about them on the Sunshine. And I can only find pics of these cabins on the Conquest class ships that have them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk