Just off Silhouette...wow!

micmacmissy

Actually, I'm not even off yet. Sitting in the library waiting for my embarkation number to be called.

Full review with photos to follow in the next day or two, but it was a WONDERFUL week. Food, service, weather, ship facilities: all amazing!!!

Any questions? Ask away...I have six hours to kill before my flight!

Actually, I'm not even off yet. Sitting in the library waiting for my embarkation number to be called.

Full review with photos to follow in the next day or two, but it was a WONDERFUL week. Food, service, weather, ship facilities: all amazing!!!

Any questions? Ask away...I have six hours to kill before my flight!

Welcome back!! We also love the Silhouette. Looking forward to your review!:):)

Did you try the porch or Bistro on 5

How was entertainment shown and?

Thanks for p

Porch and Bistro were the only two places we didn't try!

Entertainment was decent (I usually hate cruise ship entertainment). Joel Mason was very good...he is a comedian/elton John impersonator. Another comedian Cory Kahane was just meh.

Main production show Broadway Nights was decent.

But hopefully no one is cruising for the evening shows!

Thanks for info. Don't live production shows either but miss the showband on m class

Did try other fee restaurants? We loved Tuscan grille

Are you member of captains club ? If do how was event ?

We have been on other S class looking forward to silhouette

Any other likes or hints appreciated

Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for info. Don't live production shows either but miss the showband on m class

Did try other fee restaurants? We loved Tuscan grille

Are you member of captains club ? If do how was event ?

We have been on other S class looking forward to silhouette

Any other likes or hints appreciated

Linda

We tried Murano, Qsine, and Lawn Club. Highlight was Qsine for sure! We are capt club but skipped the event due to the poor timing.

Live music was great...jazz band, singers, we loved all the lounges! Tried every bar and lounge and we liked them all! Michaels Club, ensemble lounge were favorites.

Thanks

Glad there was good live music Looking forward to that. But michaels club on its way out to be used for Suite dining venue, did you hear ?

Was there strings at cafe al bacio?

Looking forward to your review

Have a safe trip

Linda

So happy to hear your trip was wonderful!

How early were you able to embark? Rooms ready around 1:30? And what time did your luggage show up on embarkation day?

Thank you so much!! We're packing for our Silhouette cruise and it would be helpful to know!

Happy you are back from your cruise and cannot wait for your review of the Silhouette as we will be sailing on her in September. I'll be interested in your review of the quality of the food. One question though: was it difficult getting into any of the lounges after dinner or are there enough on board to spread the passengers around?

So happy to hear your trip was wonderful!

How early were you able to embk? dy around 1:30? And what time did ur luggage show up on embarkation day?

Thank you so much!! We're packing for our Silhouette cruise and it would be helpful to know!

We got to the port at 10:45 and we were onboard by 11:30. By 1:00pm the buffet area was packed. Rooms were not ready until 1:45. Our luggage arrived by 5 or 6pm.

I packed way too much but room had plenty of storage! Have a wonderful time!

Happy you are back from your cruise and cannot wait for your was vreview of the Silhouette as we will be sailing on her in September. I'll be interested in your review of the quality of the food. One question though: was it difficult getting into any of the lounges after dinner or are there enough on board to spread the passengers around?

Food was excellent. The buffet was SO much better than Royal Caribbean. MDR food was very good but we had anytime dining and service was bad (Royals anytime dining was great). I will cover that in much more detail later.

As for the lounges, this was the best part! Always able to find seats for our group of 4. This ship handles crowds beautifully. We never were crowded. We tried all the lounges and constantly remarked how well people dispersed!

Have a great time...you will love this ship!

We got to the port at 10:45 and we were onboard by 11:30. By 1:00pm the buffet area was packed. Rooms were not ready until 1:45. Our luggage arrived by 5 or 6pm.

I packed way too much but room had plenty of storage! Have a wonderful time!

Thank you so much for answering my questions!! It really helps! Welcome home!

Just got off the Silly, as well. We were in group 39 but this was one of worst disembarkations I've seen in several sailings. Disembarked on level 2 and walked gangway directly outside, then once inside building, the line qued back and forth into small luggage area. After collecting bags, into another que for customs. Sad way to end a great cruise.

I agree about poor service for select dining,,many nights we had to wait when there were open tables and were seated in terrible locations.

Can't wait to see your review,,,it's always fun to hear other perspectives.

Just got off the Silly, as well. We were in group 39 but this was one of worst disembarkations I've seen in several sailings. Disembarked on level 2 and walked gangway directly outside, then once inside building, the line qued back and forth into small luggage area. After collecting bags, into another que for customs. Sad way to end a great cruise.

I agree about poor service for select dining,,many nights we had to wait when there were open tables and were seated in terrible locations.

Can't wait to see your review,,,it's always fun to hear other perspectives.

Were you in an early group? What was the latest time you could get off the ship?

Thx

We are in Captains Club, at the Elite Level (not Elite Plus, just Elite) and one of the benefits is priority disembarkation. We were also flying home from West Palm Beach on an late afternoon flight, so not sure if that affected our number. I'm pretty sure I saw 50's on luggage tags,,but if you want, I can check our disembark. packet for times. We barely made our flight out of PBI, but we also ran into long line at Budget rental car. But we were home by 2:45,,,earliest we've ever gotten home from a cruise.

Were you in an early group? What was the latest time you could get off the ship?

Thx

Disembark numbers went up to 60. We requested a late one since our flight wasn't until 245pm. We'd rather sit around the ship than the airport. Number 60 was called at 945am, that was the latest disembark time.

You had to be out of your cabin by 8am. We ate in the buffet at 8am and hung out in the library from 8:30 to 9:45. We left in the last group off the ship. This makes it very easy to find your suitcase and get thru customs. The taxi line for the airport was very long though.