What will the Escape and Bliss Home Ports be?

BrPanthers99

What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss

• Both in FL
    • Both in NY
    • Both in Europe
    • NY and FL
    • NY and Europe
    • FL and Europe
    • FL and New Orleans
    • NY and New Orleans
    • FL and CA
    • NY and CA
    • Other (Explain)

There was an article this morning stating that NCL is homeporting a ship in Port Canaveral beginning in the winter of 2015. Escape?

No. NCL has made a three-year marketing deal with POM for a new ship coming in 2015.

Since based on recent port information it is likely that they are coming away from Europe, Jade or Spirit would be available in winter 2015/2016.

No. NCL has made a three-year marketing deal with POM for a new ship coming in 2015.

Since based on recent port information it is likely that they are coming away from Europe, Jade or Spirit would be available in winter 2015/2016.

Jade will not come back to the States. As long as it does not Ncl retains the option to reflag and return the ship to Hawaii.

Basing this strictly on where I want to go, so not fact checking or anything to see if it is even possible..

Put one in San Juan and split it between Southern Caribbean routes (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Antigua) and then do a Panama Canal crossing twice a year and do the Love Boat Cruise (totally dating myself) the rest of the year...

The other one, hummm.. Not sure where Epic is going in Europe as we aren't in that market, YET, but on our list is the Baltic Capitals and Greece and Italy, so I'd love to see a new ship there as I am a new ship snob and don't like to go on the older ships.. :)

So excited for 2 new ships.. Going on Getaway in a few months for our 10th and plan on booking Breakaway for early next year, so I'll need a new ship after that.. :D

I seriously doubt the Escape or the Bliss would fit through the Panama Canal...

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/06/3917847/norwegian-getaway-brings-miami.html

"The cruise line has not officially announced where its next ship, Norwegian Escape, will be based."

While not officially announced, it has been unofficially confirmed by Miami-Dade. In the article you left out the part immediately preceding your quote which states, "Late last year, Miami-Dade County commissioners also approved an agreement between the port and cruise line that would bring Norwegian’s next new ship, launching in 2015, to Miami as well.

Under the agreement, the port will pay Norwegian $3 million for marketing costs before the 4,200-passenger ship arrives."

While not officially announced, it has been unofficially confirmed by Miami-Dade. In the article you left out the part immediately preceding your quote which states, "Late last year, Miami-Dade County commissioners also approved an agreement between the port and cruise line that would bring Norwegian’s next new ship, launching in 2015, to Miami as well. (...)"

That is why I wrote "unless they are getting another new ship from unknown source next year too" - nowhere does it specify that the deal is for Escape but for a new ship in 2015. ;)

Well, according to this article it looks like there is a good possibility that the Escape will home port at Port Canaveral.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/port-canaveral-scores-big-deals-with-norwegian-royal-caribbean.html

Makes no mention of the Escape. Expect one of the older ships again which is great news. RCI gets the new mega ship terminal.

They don't specifically mention a ship, however, they are constructing a newer larger terminal too.

The larger terminal is to accommodate the larger RCI ships. I have a feeling if anything they'll be wintering the Oasis 3 there and it may summer in the Med. I don't think NCL is going to base that much capacity in the East Coast. Pretty soon with all these mega ships coming into the Caribbean market, they're going to run out of people to fill the ships and the price is going to fall. Then cruise lines will have to seek other markets... just like RCI and Celebrity have done. NCL hasn't caught on yet to go elsewhere in the globe in the winter months. :cool:

Well, according to this article it looks like there is a good possibility that the Escape will home port at Port Canaveral.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/port-canaveral-scores-big-deals-with-norwegian-royal-caribbean.html

NCL might put one of their other ships there, but not one of the new ships. You'll notice the article doesn't tie "new ship" to NCL.

When I spoke with Kevin Sheehan a few weeks ago, he indicated that the Bliss would likely homeport in San Francisco.

David

A new ship on the west coast? I'll believe it when I see it!!:D

I'm waiting for Escape, but could wait for Bliss if it meant no six-hour flight to get to the port.

• 11 months later...

They need to make more smaller ships that can go to the ports that they have now. I know that the Tampa area is talking about expanding the port to allow the big ships to port here but I can't see that happening. There is too much at stake in the environment and the money spent, not just here but in each port area where the small ships are now home ported.

NCL could take the lead and build a handful of new small ships!!

janymac:p

Been looking at NCL cruise itineraries ...

- Escape is home porting in Miami until April 2017 at least - she arrives in Miami in Nov 2015

- Gem is moving from New York to home port in San Juan in Oct 2016 - and there is nothing after Dec 2016

- both Jade and Spirit will spend winter 2015/6 and 2016/7 home porting in Houston/Port Canaveral and will go back to Europe to spend summer 2016 there

- there is nothing for Breakaway beyond Oct 2016

- there is nothing for New York beyond Oct 2016 :eek:

My bet is Bliss might be deployed to ASIA .... there was a mention of NCL deploying one of the newest ships (BA Plus) to ASIA at the Latitudes meeting when we were on Epic TA in Oct 2012. In addition to this, a cruise consultant states there is a very large cruise market in Asia and there are many many gamblers down there too.

Edited by bluesea777