Herod's "Island Spendor Coastal Cruise" Tour

happybunny1207

Still nothing from Herod's

I will send another email next week if I don't hear from him over the weekend. Thank goodness we still have lots of time.

I feel a wee bit anxious though since I have other people on the rollcall counting on me for this.

Hopefully I will hear fro them soon 16 pax and counting hoping to do this tour!

Does anyone have an email address? I will compare it to what I have maybe the one I was given is outdated.

email I have been using is herod tours at g mail dot com

email I have been using is herod tours at g mail dot com

Thanks Isi. I sent an email to him using that one yesterday. How long has it taken him to get back to you?

If I don't hear anything soon perhaps we will have you try and set up the tour with him (Land and Sea Safarai)

I really don't understand why they have not responded yet, even though I have told them I have a group of 16 and growing.

We shall see what next week brings!

Thanks Isi. I sent an email to him using that one yesterday. How long has it taken him to get back to you?

If I don't hear anything soon perhaps we will have you try and set up the tour with him (Land and Sea Safarai)

I really don't understand why they have not responded yet, even though I have told them I have a group of 16 and growing.

We shall see what next week brings!

The first time I contacted him it took about 3 days to respond, it's been longer now , so every 3 days I send another email.

The first time I contacted him it took about 3 days to respond, it's been longer now , so every 3 days I send another email.

ok good to know. Normally I would move on but everyone says his tours are so good and it is worth persisting to get a confirmation from him. We still have lots of time :)

The Actief tour company I found in Curacao responds very quickly and I did not need to organize a group for the Tugboat & Snorkel Reef 1/2 day tour.

Already sent a cc for the booking .

The St. Kitts one I found too Thenford at grey dot com The Tour responded rather quickly too.

I am sure Herod will reply since we have a large group , he probably doesn't feel the urgency to do so since it is so long from now.

Another slow reply was Duncan & Sean for St. Thomas but once he replied and gave me the right contact email he apologized profusely.

ili

When I was first trying to contact Herod to set up my excursion, I didn't hear back from him. He ended up calling me after I emailed a few times. Come to find out, I wasn't getting his emails to my yahoo account. I gave him my comcast email and I never had an issue getting them there.

He can take a bit to get back to you. They are definately on island time. Just email him and say, please respond or call so I know that there is availability. We know we have some time but we'd like to know our group is booked. He will get back to you but I totally understand the planning and wanting to get it done.

I was initially nervous too because Herod usually took about a week or so to respond to emails, but I had read the great reviews and warnings about delayed responses. I was glad we stuck with him. It's definitely frustrating, but he's worth hanging on for.

My understanding is that he has poor internet reception while is the reason for the delay. He's really well organized and on top of things. He put together two different tours for our roll call. Had a great day with his crew.

• 2 weeks later...

So it sounds like you did hear, thats good, you have a good sized group! I think we will go in a different direction...with a private tour. It seems my RC hasn't shown a lot of interest and I'd rather book something I know we will enjoy rather than wait if I can get enough. I didn't expect him to respond with only 3!!

Have a great cruise, and be sure to come back and review for us!!!

Does Herod not let you book unless you have a large group? We went with Cosol this year and had no problem reserving spots just for my DH and I.

The website says min of 10, (22 max) for the Land and Sea Safari, I think because they have to use a boat to ferry you back to the pier. So if you'd like Herods, its a good idea to get a crew to go from your RC...even if everyone contacts him separately, at least they know they have enough to run the ferry.

The private tour I booked is in the van, which is why they can take 3 of us on a private tour. I also had Cosol tell us they could easily take 3...we did get a price from them that was all inclusive. We went with Real St Lucia since it offered a truly custom package, with the admissions paid separately as we go along. Since we don't know which sites we will choose for our tour, we will add on any admissions or meals out of our own pocket, but I'm ok with that since we might not get to all the sites that charge admission if we say, decide to do the nature hike, or snorkel longer than we plan.

• 4 weeks later...

Is Herod's Tours still in business? Would they pick up people without a reservation in Castries?

I've sent one email through herod tours at g mail dot com and one through the Contact Us page. It's been 10 days and I have not heard from them yet.

We sail in a week and I need to book the RCCL excursion within the next 3 days, so I am giving him until tomorrow.

Very sad because I would like to give my business to a local person and his tour hits the spots I want to visit without the extraneous stuff that I do not want to visit.

Edited by vinotinto

Is Herod's Tours still in business? Would they pick up people without a reservation in Castries?

I've sent one email through herod tours at g mail dot com and one through the Contact Us page. It's been 10 days and I have not heard from them yet.

We sail in a week and I need to book the RCCL excursion within the next 3 days, so I am giving him until tomorrow.

Very sad because I would like to give my business to a local person and his tour hits the spots I want to visit without the extraneous stuff that I do not want to visit.

How many people are you!? We had three, I contacted him over well 6 weeks ago and never heard back. You don't have to take the ships tour- both Cosol and the some of the other guide companies have folks right at the pier to take you. Don't know if Herods bothers to respond of you don't have a large enough group:confused: Good luck!

Edited by Familygoboston

How many people are you!? We had three, I contacted him over well 6 weeks ago and never heard back. You don't have to take the ships tour- both Cosol and the some of the other guide companies have folks right at the pier to take you. Don't know if Herods bothers to respond of you don't have a large enough group:confused: Good luck!

Same here. I gave up waiting for a reply. I'm surprised that Herod is different than practically all tour operators in the Caribbean, in that he doesn't allow bookings individually. But there are many other options, so no worries. :)

We're 5 (3 adults and 2 kids). One other large group or 2 other smaller groups and we should have a minimum.

I looked at Cosol, but it goes to places that we're not interested in stopping (We have many banana and plantain varieties in my mom's house so the idea of a first stop at a banana plantation is truly a deal breaker).

We want to see the pitons, stop at the Jalousie beach and the mud baths. That's it. We want the tour to be no more than 6 hours, and want to get to/from the south by boat. So, who are the other operators who may be at the dock? I'm also thinking that if the weather is not great, we'll bag it, so it would be ideal to wait to book at the dock, based on weather.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I first contacted Herod, it was just the two of us. He did get back to me

And said he would start a list and get back to me. He was able to put together enough people and it was great.

So at least last winter he was taking individual bookings.

We're 5 (3 adults and 2 kids). One other large group or 2 other smaller groups and we should have a minimum.

I looked at Cosol, but it goes to places that we're not interested in stopping (We have many banana and plantain varieties in my mom's house so the idea of a first stop at a banana plantation is truly a deal breaker).

We want to see the pitons, stop at the Jalousie beach and the mud baths. That's it. We want the tour to be no more than 6 hours, and want to get to/from the south by boat. So, who are the other operators who may be at the dock? I'm also thinking that if the weather is not great, we'll bag it, so it would be ideal to wait to book at the dock, based on weather.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had trouble with Herod responding to me last year when I tried to book him for my cruise this past January. I finally gave him a different email address and he CALLED me to say he had responded to each email. Sometimes he can be slow but he always responded.

I did this tour and loved it. I would recommend it. I know it may be expensive but maybe bit the bullet and call him. I really don't think he wouldn't respond back just because you only have a few people. If he did, he would never fill his excursions.

Edited by girlscruise2011

• 2 months later...
How long is the Island Splendor Coastal Cruise. Herod's website says 5 hrs depending on if you choose any of the extra's. Does that mean the cruise is not 5 hrs but shorter? Thanks

I am booked for this 11/7/14. I was curious about this also. And is there a place to get lunch for this? I didn't choose any of the extras since I have been to st lucia before.

Edited by jean87510

I just looked at Herod's website and lunch is not mentioned in the description for the ISCC. I would like to know if it is included or not

I emailed him earlier re this. I do like Holly's answer as long as she just did the Island splendor tour with the snorkeling.