Getaway Inaugural Sailing quickie review

hammsz

Ours is a starboard side balcony, but we are almost entirely aft, and we have a rear facing slanted (angled) balcony, so I wonder what our visibility would be like? But then again, we would more than likely head up on deck after dinner to partake in the 80s tunes and for a better view..

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Head to the party at the aft on deck 16 that party is EPIC!!

Head to the party at the aft on deck 16 that party is EPIC!!

Will do. Will be eating at La Cucina that night, so we'll probably grab some drinks and head up that way early to get a good spot for the festivities :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you. And which day and time was the glow party?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Glow Party was on Day 6 @ 10:15 p.m. at Spice H2O, Deck 16, Aft. Crew members passed out glow sticks and necklaces. The bar had glasses that also glowed. It was well attended. It did rain briefly. When you first approached the area, you could see crew members putting on "glow" paint on their clothes, faces, arms, etc.

Julie, the Cruise Director danced on stage for quite some time and you could possibly find yourself dancing with other members from some of the shows.

By the way what time were the fireworks and 80s party on Wednesday night?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Both happened on Day 4, Tuesday. The Awesome 80's Deck Party (Spice H2O) started at 10:30 p.m. and the Fireworks Display started at approximately 10:45 p.m.

Other suggested locations to view the fireworks: Aft/Poolside, Decks 15/16, Deck 8 Waterfront Portside and the Portside Balcony Rooms.

It was Wednesday night, they blasted 80s music during the 5 min show. Deck space was at a premium, everyone was outside at this moment. It was pretty cool set to music, wasnt 4th of july quality but decent to see em shot off the deck of a cruise ship

Hi - if you have a balcony cabin, can you see the fireworks from there? Edited - just saw you answered this already. Sorry!

Edited by Poohsmommi

Both happened on Day 4, Tuesday. The Awesome 80's Deck Party (Spice H2O) started at 10:30 p.m. and the Fireworks Display started at approximately 10:45 p.m.

Other suggested locations to view the fireworks: Aft/Poolside, Decks 15/16, Deck 8 Waterfront Portside and the Portside Balcony Rooms.

Outstanding, thanks so much for posting. Now getting even more excited than ever......not that we really need to be, given that we've so far gone through the winter from hell, and will likely appreciate the 75-degree-plus temperatures and sunshine more than any other cruise we have ever been on! Heck, even if one day it's cloudy and 70, you can bet we'll be out on deck with drink(s) in hand soaking in the temps! Now, just hoping we can fly out of Philly on the 28th (next Friday) with no weather issues ;)

The OP said Wednesday, so to be clear, was it after St Marten or after St Thomas? Lol

The OP said Wednesday, so to be clear, was it after St Marten or after St Thomas? Lol

day 4 i think it was the night of st maarten but these schedules are so loose they could shoot fire works any night.

LOL. St. Maarten. I remember this day because it was my birthday:). We took the ferry over to Anguilla to the Dolphin Encounter and we went to the Illusionarium that evening. The Illusionarium is a Fabulous show!! I had gone to the room to change clothes and my husband said don't forget the fireworks, so I grabbed my camera and headed to the top deck. It is a short display, but it makes it worth it to attend to see the fireworks shot from the deck.

That was a awesome review, thanks!! We leave this Saturday for our trip and can't wait. This question is for you and really anyone else that can offer some advice on the dress code for dinner, etc.. This is my wife's first cruise ever and mine in about 20 years. I assume we can pretty much wear whatever we want to breakfest, if we are up that early :), and lunch, but is there a suggested dress code for dinner? Sounds like some of the dinner places are a bit more formal than others. I appreciate any suggestions that you may have. Thanks! Ken

Edited by beachbumatheart

Thank you for the review...like so many others i am too excited about my

Getaway Cruises!!

If you attended the Grammy experience did you have to arrive early for seating (Nestor Torres)??

Nestor had a steady following, that seemed to be in the same seats all the time, but the some of us just popped in and hung out in the back. Like with everything, different strokes for different folks, I just wanted to experience things rather than stay for the whole evening. We did Headliners in similar fashion, hung in the back and moved toward chairs as they became available. There is a good amount of movement going on of people coming and going.

Sent from my iPad using Forums