My Freedom Review - Kinda "Live" but not really with lots of pics

sayvan

Thanks Sayvan for the great review! Your pictures are terrific! It looks like you really enjoyed your vacation. It took me a few hours to see all of it but it was so worth it. I felt like I was there with you. We always welcome our Canadian neighbors to Florida!

We will be on a similar itinerary on the CCL Liberty in November going to Grand Turk, San Jaun and St Maarten so now I have an idea what to do while we are there.

We love Grand Turk... watch the loaded Landsharks in Margaritaville! Liberty is a great ship as well. Have been on her a couple of times!

thank you so much for the review! How did you like the interior room with no window?? Im debating on doing the freedom with no window or a window or even doing just the 5 day cruise on the victory but not sure yet. With you being on the 7th deck did you feel a lot of swaying back and forth??

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I haven't been online in a few days... summer and all!

We don't mind the interior at all. We seldom spend much time in our room so the absence of a window or balcony was fine. It comes down to preference. Sometimes I would rather spend my vacation resources on other things then a balcony (although we have had balcony's on previous cruises). If I needed some light at night or wanted to see outside I would just switch the tv to the channel that shows you the front or back of the ship. We normally try to get our rooms mid ship but we did not notice any real sway or anything like that.

Thanks so much for a great review! I'm going on Freedom next Monday and I am so excited for Grand Turk now.

Question- sorry if you answered this in the review-- did you guys get the drink/CHEERS package. Looks like you drink like my friend and I do and I was curious about your experience!

No we did not get the drink package. I have often debated back and forth on these packages. I usually do pretty good with the bartenders and often provide a little tip here and there and well they look after you real well after that.... no real need for the package. I found that I usually come out ahead of the cost of what the package would be.... Problem with Carnivals program is that everyone in the room has to get it if one person does and my wife would never get her money's worth on that type of deal. Celebrity for example, allows individuals to get it rather than everyone in the room. I will however be getting it on my upcoming cruise with Princess it is only $49 a day and not everyone in the room has to purchase it. My advice...Tip!

As many ship and ports reviews that I have looked at , this has to be my favorite. The pictures were fantastic. We will be on the Freedom in September and are looking forward to the cruise now more than ever. Thanks so much for the time and effort spent. Incidentally we have been to Canada numerous times on cruises and land vacations. Love it there!

Thanks... thanks also for your advice on my question on the other thread regarding hotels in London. Check out my Panama Canal review in my signature as well if you want to go on another cruise with me....lol :D

loved your review, you take some awesome pictures,

being from Canada (east coast New Brunswick here) I understand the need to get away this past winter

we actually went on the glory on feb 4th

out trip there and back was not as smooth as yours..lol

I would love to cruise with you and your wife someday, it would be a great time

again, thanks for posting

loved your review, you take some awesome pictures,

being from Canada (east coast New Brunswick here) I understand the need to get away this past winter

we actually went on the glory on feb 4th

out trip there and back was not as smooth as yours..lol

I would love to cruise with you and your wife someday, it would be a great time

again, thanks for posting

Thanks glad you enjoyed the review.... Who knows maybe we will be on the same cruise someday... I will be the guy by the bar...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for posting this review. Your photos are fabulous. I suspect you have a very nice camera and must be a talented photographer. I leave on the Freedom one week from today (different itinerary) and feel like I'm already on the ship seeing your beautiful photos. I wish you and your lovely wife many, many happy future cruises.:D

Just an FYI. I'm booked on a Celebrity Cruise with a drink pk and yes, everyone has to have it.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

If you're buying the alcohol beverage package on Celebrity both passengers aren't required to buy it but if it's part of the 123Go or Pick Your Perk offer then yes both passengers have to select the same offer.

Edited by EpcotBill

• 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI. I'm booked on a Celebrity Cruise with a drink pk and yes, everyone has to have it.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I have been on a few celebrity cruises. In fact we spent 41 days going around Australia and the South Pacific last year. If you do not take one of their promotions then not everyone is required to take the drink package. Individuals can purchase it not the entire room. Likewise, we are about to head onto the Princess Ruby in September and again not everyone is required to purchase the drink package in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I cant wait to be on this cruise in December. Looks like you had an amazing time....thanks for sharing all you wonderful pictures and your vacation

Glad you enjoyed and happy sailing in December... its only a few weeks away!

sayvan, thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for sharing your beautiful photos. I don't know how I missed it when you started it but the one good thing about finding it this late is that I got to read it and enjoy your photos all the way through all in one day.:D

I spent the best years of my childhood in Stratford from 1957 to 1960. Of course that was before your time or Vanda's....lol. I lived on Downie Street above a dress shop which is no longer there. I went back a few years ago and the whole block had been knocked down and now new buildings are there.

theavonb, we are going to miss you on the Breeze in January just by 1 cruise. We are on the Jan 25 one and leave to go on the Freedom Feb 2. Would have loved to meet you and talk to you about Stratford. I have such fond memories of Stratford. Are you from my generation? I went to Romeo P. S.

Thank you for the wonderful review. Your pictures made me feel like I was back on each of those islands. My son and I are heading for the Freedom on December 7th. Your review finally has gotten me excited about the trip. You are a wonderful photographer and gave me some ideas on pictures we need to take....

What an amazing review!! So glad I found it today. Have spent a few hours going through it.

Amazing pictures too.

We are going on our first cruise on Freedom in Dec. Can't wait!!

Mind telling me when you got Vanda's hat from please? Want to get one for my wife :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I really enjoyed reading your review! It's always nice to read a review that doesn't have negativity in them.. even the little things (: I will be on this ship Saturday (12.13.14)! I can't wait!

Hope your cruise went well.... We will be on another in April and a review ill be forthcoming!

Sayvan, thank you for your delightful review! You & your wife are a pleasure with great cruising attitudes! Your photos are just stunning! You were very cordial to the other DSLR novice regarding which lens would be an all around vacation lens. Which editing software would you recommend for a novice? The colors were so brilliant!

Can't wait to read your other reviews to get me through this cold weather at home,

Amanda

• 2 weeks later...
Sayvan, thank you for your delightful review! You & your wife are a pleasure with great cruising attitudes! Your photos are just stunning! You were very cordial to the other DSLR novice regarding which lens would be an all around vacation lens. Which editing software would you recommend for a novice? The colors were so brilliant!

Can't wait to read your other reviews to get me through this cold weather at home,

Amanda

Thanks for the comments and I am glad you enjoyed it. I actually have another review in the works from a recent cruise and that will appear soon but it was on a different cruise line so you will find it there. It will be in my signature. Having said that, in a few weeks we will be on the Valor for another adventure... review to follow that as well!

As for the editing software I would recommend Adobe Lightroom. Its very easy to use and offers so many opportunities to spice up your photos. Its a digital darkroom for sure!