Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

I am sorry I haven't posted earlier, but you are doing an amazing job and I am loving your review. I could say a lot of the kudos that others have said, but I will just end with - you are so disciplined to take the time after working all work and keep us totally mesmerized with your pictures and text. Thank you so very much.

Kay

I'm enjoying your pictures.

Thanks for the pic of the jogging track.

Do you have any of their Gym?

I wasn't sure when I read some of the other threads- do you know if their Starbucks also uses Starbucks Giftcards or do they only accept the Seapass form of payment?

Edited by scoob2010

Thank you for the amazing review so far! My friends and I are sailing on Oasis on 5 April, it will be my first cruise! Reading yours and other reviews I'm thinking maybe I will be spoiling all future cruises for myself on this magnificent ship!

While I have never cruised before I have always been fascinated by it and am 100% sure I will not be able to get enough once I start. Your review is helping this eager 1st-time cruiser bear the last month+ of waiting until I can finally step onboard.

Oh, and I must second the others on your photos, they are really quite stunning. I can appreciate the quality of the camera, and your eye for a good shot!

Hello CapitalKyle,

Firstly, thank you for very kind comments.

So the Oasis will be your first cruise? Well good news and bad news on that one. The good news is that you just won't believe how much there is to enjoy about this ship. It genuinely has something for everyone and the choices are endless. Don't even attempt to fit everything in on one trip, it's impossible. It could well be the best holiday of your life!

The bad news is that most people tend to judge subsequent cruises by their first. Even if the first cruise with hindsight turned out to have been average, most people hold special fond memories of it. The problem you are going to have is that everything else may seem like a pale imitation in terms of what is on offer. That's not to say you won't be able to enjoy other ships in a different way. I was on Oceania in September and it was so laid back and relaxing. I enjoyed it too but for different reasons.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Loving your review.....we are doing a B2B on Oasis in may this year. Just a question as we have always used a lanyard to put our sea pass cards on but in your pictures it looks like nobody wears lanyards?

Thanks Tania

We just got off the next Western Caribbean cruise after this one, and lots of people (including us) wore lanyards. We had our card punched at guest services and just attached the lanyard to it. Some people had purchased lanyards with clear holders so the cards themselves didn't have to be punched. I would think this less convenient, as the card would have to be removed from the holder in order to scan it, and sometimes this has to be done quickly, such as when getting on and off the ship at ports.

I saw one lady on formal night wearing a really pretty jewel encrusted lanyard - it was gorgeous! Looked something like this:

iphone-silver.jpg

Sorry, megacruiser, didn't mean to hijack your thread! Loving the review. It's helping easing me back to reality slowly!

Edited by TequilaToo

Great review. Wondering if you had a menu of the Samba Grill? Trying to decide where wife and I want to eat one night and couldn't find a menu on this restaurant on previous reviews.

Here's the menu of Samba:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/sambagrill.pdf

Note that this restaurant is not on Oasis. Oasis has the Solarium Bistro instead.

Edited by clarea

We just got off the next Western Caribbean cruise after this one, and lots of people (including us) wore lanyards. We had our card punched at guest services and just attached the lanyard to it. Some people had purchased lanyards with clear holders so the cards themselves didn't have to be punched. I would think this less convenient, as the card would have to be removed from the holder in order to scan it, and sometimes this has to be done quickly, such as when getting on and off the ship at ports.

I saw one lady on formal night wearing a really pretty jewel encrusted lanyard - it was gorgeous! Looked something like this:

iphone-silver.jpg

Sorry, megacruiser, didn't mean to hijack your thread! Loving the review. It's helping easing me back to reality slowly!

Hi TequilaToo,

Absolutely delighted for everyone to join in and help answer each others questions, so absolutely no need to apologise.

Cheers

megacruiser

Great review and pictures! We're sailing Oasis in 60 days and counting...been on Allure but love reading these reviews as we wait for our own sail date. Helps the time pass and gets us acquainted with ship and locations of various venues beforehand. Thanks for taking the time, I'll be following along till the end!

Day Four

This was my first visit to Falmouth, Jamaica.

FalmouthPanoramaNAME_zps39036bb5.jpg

Serenade of the Seas was also docked here. It's one of the Radiance class ships, which are very good for more traditional cruising, and even more so since their recent refurbishments. I was on her last year and she is an ideal size if you want to have lots of options but avoid the crowds found on the likes of the Independence, especially sailing out of the UK.

FalmouthPanoramaBOTHSHIPSBUILDINGS_zps9a593fa8.jpg

The shopping area adjacent to the docking area is very pretty, being attractively laid out with a good variety of shops, bars and restaurants. Very nice to stroll around if, like me, you are not interested in venturing inland. All looks very new and pre-planned to add to the appeal of a new destination, rather than having evolved from an original historic port.

FalmouthMARGARITAVILLESHOPS_zpsc4185737.jpg

Back on board for lunch. I really don’t care much for buffets but there seemed to be a wider selection on this ship. Chinese and Indian foods tend not to lose their eating quality as quickly as Western food if hanging about for a while, which a lot of food in the Windjammer certainly does. You can see it waiting in trays in the wings and who knows how long since that it was cooked. Anyway that was the main sort of food I would take, and perhaps some soup or salad. Of its type it was ok. The desserts were very samey every day and nothing tempted me.

I am posting some photos to give an idea of what it’s like but I do have to advise I am not putting these on to enhance the review purely for those who might want to see it. These are literally snapshots taken in an instant, as I did not want to hang about obstructing diners whilst lining up a shot.

Day5MenusOasis233_zpsd8158e1b.jpg

Day5MenusOasis246_zps05cc137c.jpg

Day5MenusOasis235_zps4f341d78.jpg

Day5MenusOasis232_zpsf09d83ff.jpg

Day5MenusOasis238_zps20aad7fb.jpg

Day5MenusOasis255_zps81b9c69a.jpg

Headed up to the “Secret Balcony” on Deck 11 aft starboard, as I wanted to see what I had read about. About twenty or so deck chairs are up there. Good spot for sailaways.

SECRETBALCONYBACKLOUNGERS_zps7f79292c.jpg

SECRETBALCONYBACK_zps558d5e24.jpg

View down and acros to the "secret balcony" on the other side

BoradwalkandSnacks082_zps8e92782e.jpg

Great views down to the Aquatheatre…

OASISSECRETBALCONY_zps6052cf72.jpg

And as the sun starts to go down the rock climbing walls are brightly illuminated. Top right is one of the control rooms needed for the various shows.

DSCF4914_zps5b02db3c.jpg

Serenade of the Seas departed before us and made a turn turn right in front of us just as the sun was setting.