Get a Balcony for the price of an OV promotion- or not!!

molly361

On the cruises that I have looked at now the OV cabins are the same price as a balcony for this promotion, however the OV prices for the 2 cruises I am looking at have increased at least $100 or more.

It looks like RCL just upped the OV prices to the same price as the balcony.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, about 90% of the time when RC has a 'sale', they jack the price of the cruises up right before that sale. Hmmmmm....

It's kind of like at Disney, every time you exit an attraction, you have to be dumped into a gift shop with memorabilia from that attraction. Hmmmmm... (we always just kept on walking)

Very irritating on both counts...

:p

I was able to book an ocean view "guarantee" balcony on the Allure leaving on 3/9 for only $799. That was the best deal I've found. Not sure if anyone got anything better?

I booked my upcoming 7 night cruise back in April last year. I got an AX balcony for $719 pp. That was $60 less than our last cruise in same cabin. Last April we booked at $889 pp and right before the cruise, had a price drop to $779. I dont get upgrades because of the handicapped cabin, there are no handicapped JS that I have seen.

That's exactly what happened to me...I did put a 24 hr hold on a really great GTY OV for Freedom, dropped the ball and went to book about 36 hrs later (totally my fault), and the GTY price is gone baby gone...Now the OV price has jumped from $1315 to $1800 and I am so upset with myself over this..The WOW ad says that I can upgrade to balcony for free, but this OV price is what the balcony price was a couple of days ago....UGH

Unfortunately, about 90% of the time when RC has a 'sale', they jack the price of the cruises up right before that sale. Hmmmmm....

It's kind of like at Disney, every time you exit an attraction, you have to be dumped into a gift shop with memorabilia from that attraction. Hmmmmm... (we always just kept on walking)

Very irritating on both counts...

:p

This is a great analogy, love this! Very very true......

That's exactly what happened to me...I did put a 24 hr hold on a really great GTY OV for Freedom, dropped the ball and went to book about 36 hrs later (totally my fault), and the GTY price is gone baby gone...Now the OV price has jumped from $1315 to $1800 and I am so upset with myself over this..The WOW ad says that I can upgrade to balcony for free, but this OV price is what the balcony price was a couple of days ago....UGH

I also learned the hard way. Saw a price drop while at work, waited until I got home for lunch, could not have been more than 1 1/2 hours later, price gone!!!;)

I got super lucky and put a courtesy hold on a balcony guarantee on Oasis for April 5th. It was 799.00 pp before balcony discount. The next afternoon the sale started and it went to 999.00, of course I still had a hold so I paid that off real fast. Got assigned a D6 so not a bad deal at all.

We just put a courtesy hold on Independence (Cabin 1700) for December. The "base rate" was $599, but also shows we will get a $150 onboard credit. I'm at work so can't spend too much time with RC this morning, but just wondering if someone here would know if I could use my next cruise and get even more OBC? Plus, we'll be diamond after our upcoming Feb 28 cruise so I'm hoping we can get that discount. AND---we used 15,000 VISA points on our Feb 28 cruise and received a $150 discount per person so need to look into that. Heck---they may soon be paying us to cruise!

We just put a courtesy hold on Independence (Cabin 1700) for December. The "base rate" was $599, but also shows we will get a $150 onboard credit. I'm at work so can't spend too much time with RC this morning, but just wondering if someone here would know if I could use my next cruise and get even more OBC? Plus, we'll be diamond after our upcoming Feb 28 cruise so I'm hoping we can get that discount. AND---we used 15,000 VISA points on our Feb 28 cruise and received a $150 discount per person so need to look into that. Heck---they may soon be paying us to cruise!

You can not use your Diamond discount or Next Cruise with that promotion. See below

All offers apply to new individual bookings (not applicable to groups), are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. OBC, Upgrade and Reduced Deposit offers are combinable. OBC offer may be combined with standard and restricted rates (such as Seniors, Residents, Military). OBC offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent Reduced Rates, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. European sailings are defined as sailings that depart from and return to European ports. Refer to royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2014 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.

Edited by molly361

You can not use your Diamond discount or Next Cruise with that promotion. See below

All offers apply to new individual bookings (not applicable to groups), are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. OBC, Upgrade and Reduced Deposit offers are combinable. OBC offer may be combined with standard and restricted rates (such as Seniors, Residents, Military). OBC offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent Reduced Rates, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. European sailings are defined as sailings that depart from and return to European ports. Refer to royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2014 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.

Thanks for such a quick reply. It's still a pretty good deal, but not quite as sweet without the extra discounts. At least we have 24 hours to decide...

We had Cabin 1688 on Explorer and loved it so I like the idea of 1700 on Independence:)