Help Dreams "cove cabins"

2Xtraveler

Does anyone know anything about cove cabin #'s 2248 and 2273 on the Dream? I see they are located in the same area, just on opposite sides of the ship. Also, does anyone have a favorite cove cabin? Or the worst cove cabin? Thx for all your input.:rolleyes:

Does anyone know anything about cove cabin #'s 2248 and 2273 on the Dream? I see they are located in the same area, just on opposite sides of the ship. Also, does anyone have a favorite cove cabin? Or the worst cove cabin? Thx for all your input.:rolleyes:

I had 2256 and loved it. They are wonderful if you love being near the water.

We really enjoy the coves. We had 2281 on our last Dream cruise and are going to be in it again in about a week and a half.

I liked ours because it's more forward on the ship. You can hear the waves at night if you leave your door open (i'm not recommending it, as we're not supposed to ;)) Some here suggested that we bring a bungy type thing to hold the door open. Watching the waves crash against the front so close to the water is great! Sea spray! :D

We don't mind being under the lifeboats. They're still really far up above us. We still got sun during the day and it was more comfortable to spend a lot of time reading out there without the direct sun and heat.

I hope you get one! You'll love it. :)

We just had Cabin 2338 on the Magic (which I think is just like the Dream) in January. We were right by the center elevators. We loved our room. It was quiet. Every once in a while we heard noise above us at night - but it was never past about 11:30 at night, which is when we were coming in from a show many nights. Being by the center elevators was very convenient. We just had to walk up one floor to go to dinner at night. Or, we walked left or right to catch the front or rear elevators to go to Lido, or to the theater.

Over all - our room was very peaceful. Sometimes during the day I would go down to our balcony and just sit and enjoy the peace & quiet, and get away from the hustle & bustle of the busy decks above us. You couldn't hear any noise from above, and it was really peaceful to sit and listen to the waves, and be that close to the water. I felt like I was the only one on the ship when I was sitting on my balcony. It was that quiet.

Also, since we were in the middle of the ship, we didn't get much movement, even on a couple of days when the seas were a little bit rocky.

I had 2256 and loved it. They are wonderful if you love being near the water.

We really enjoy the coves. We had 2281 on our last Dream cruise and are going to be in it again in about a week and a half.

I liked ours because it's more forward on the ship. You can hear the waves at night if you leave your door open (i'm not recommending it, as we're not supposed to ;)) Some here suggested that we bring a bungy type thing to hold the door open. Watching the waves crash against the front so close to the water is great! Sea spray! :D

We don't mind being under the lifeboats. They're still really far up above us. We still got sun during the day and it was more comfortable to spend a lot of time reading out there without the direct sun and heat.

I hope you get one! You'll love it. :)

This is good news since my husband and I are booked in 2256 and we're trying to get my parents to book room 2281 :)

I found it odd that the amount of cove balconies available when I booked were so limited. It only gave me the option of mid-ship, and out of the mid-ship area there were maybe 10 rooms I could select from.

We have 2248 booked for our Jan 2015 cruise. The only thing I am worried about is that it looks like the public restrooms are right above it. I hope its quiet. But our other choice was a connecting room, and heard those could be loud depending who is next door. Plus I didn't want to whisper all week either. I am looking forward to the cove balcony. We've only had regular balconies before!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

This is good news since my husband and I are booked in 2256 and we're trying to get my parents to book room 2281 :)

I found it odd that the amount of cove balconies available when I booked were so limited. It only gave me the option of mid-ship, and out of the mid-ship area there were maybe 10 rooms I could select from.

When checking online they only show up to 10 cabins. So if there are 10 shown it doesn't mean that is all that is available. There could be more, but 10 is the most that will be sown. If you see a cabin you would like that isn't shown as available I would call Carnival because it might be available.

Sharon

Hi! I just got off the Dream on Feb 15th & started in 2246. Loved it! I'm going to be doing a review sometime today but we had very few noise issues despite being below the galley. The most would be a subtle muffled bang maybe twice? It was at a time when we were up, maybe just after lunch? We could hear people slam their door in the hallway louder.

Hi! I just got off the Dream on Feb 15th & started in 2246. Loved it! I'm going to be doing a review sometime today but we had very few noise issues despite being below the galley. The most would be a subtle muffled bang maybe twice? It was at a time when we were up, maybe just after lunch? We could hear people slam their door in the hallway louder.

Really glad to hear this about the galley- we did a balcony guarantee and when it got assigned we were in a Cove below the galley and I got a bit nervous.... but really, we'll be out late and probably sleep hard... I'm not terribly worried...at least not now after your confirmation that it wasn't bad! Thanks :)

We just had Cabin 2338 on the Magic (which I think is just like the Dream) in January. We were right by the center elevators. We loved our room. It was quiet. Every once in a while we heard noise above us at night - but it was never past about 11:30 at night, which is when we were coming in from a show many nights. Being by the center elevators was very convenient. We just had to walk up one floor to go to dinner at night. Or, we walked left or right to catch the front or rear elevators to go to Lido, or to the theater.

Over all - our room was very peaceful. Sometimes during the day I would go down to our balcony and just sit and enjoy the peace & quiet, and get away from the hustle & bustle of the busy decks above us. You couldn't hear any noise from above, and it was really peaceful to sit and listen to the waves, and be that close to the water. I felt like I was the only one on the ship when I was sitting on my balcony. It was that quiet.

Also, since we were in the middle of the ship, we didn't get much movement, even on a couple of days when the seas were a little bit rocky.

I agree it totally feels like you're on the ship alone because it's SO quiet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We called and made our cabin selection on the phone. That way we didn't even have to worry about it. I hope they get 2281. If they do I think they'll really enjoy it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We absolutely loved our cove 2279. It's behind the elevators that are between the stairs and atrium elevators so not much foot traffic. It was absolutely quiet.

We loved that they're close to the water and more private. DH says he'll only sail Dream class now on Carnival so he can have a cove. :)

When checking online they only show up to 10 cabins. So if there are 10 shown it doesn't mean that is all that is available. There could be more, but 10 is the most that will be sown. If you see a cabin you would like that isn't shown as available I would call Carnival because it might be available.

Sharon

Interesting, and good to know! I think I'm happy with where we're at, but now I know for future cruises :)