COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

I don't get it. :confused:

Do you mean the new covering over the bar or the crane in the background. :confused:

I'm guessing that torontoTL means that the colored square on the forward facing wall at the aft end of the Retreat pool looks like a large mural/painting. It looks like one to me, too. It's hard to tell, given the low angle of the photo.

edit: it's just forward of the "Regal Princess" sign.

Edited by MGnut

I did try to do a goggle search but turned up nothing from the hearing that was supposed to happen on 5/6, any ideas?

We leave in just a week for Italy, for a little precruise fun. I really am wishing the last week away.

It looks like someone has installed some art at the Retreat pool.

Good eye, Benny! I hadn't thought to look. Wonder if it is a new Wyland art piece? For those not familiar with it, this is the Wyland art piece on Royal Princess...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2854/9053425766_c9941ce575_c.jpg

Hi Dave:

For some reason I can't seem to see any pictures on this thread. Your pictures always showed up on other threads, any idea what might be wrong on my end.

Thank you,

Richard

Not sure what's going on? Maybe try a different browser or clear out your coumputers 'cookies'.

Edited by dmwnc1959

Two BIG news pieces regarding Regal Princess from Il Piccolo, the local newspaper in Trieste. This is the first one, and the translation is sort of rough.

Regal Princess Is Free To Go

This was decided yesterday afternoon, the judge of the Court of Gorizia Micol Sabino, in response to the urgent appeal presented by Princess Cruises against foreclosure asked by lawyers for the family of Vincent Castellano, on the ongoing judicial affair with Fincantieri on compensation for invalidity before, and for death, years later, of the man.

Yesterday morning, before the same judge, held the hearing to another aspect of the complex affair. With regard to the urgent appeal the magistrate's decision was reserved. And yesterday afternoon, surprisingly, issued an injunction that has accepted the appeal of Princess Cruises and willing that the transcription of the foreclosure is cancelled from the register of ships under construction required by the harbour.

«Foreclosure remain-explains the lawyer Francesco Di Roma, one of the family's legal Castellano-but in essence the ship is free to leave."

The decision of the magistrate has somehow displaced lawyers than decided in the morning hearing, during which the magistrate has set another tomorrow. "We will see what to do at the hearing of 8 May, merely declare the lawyer in Rome.

Yesterday morning the complex affair has recorded a new fact. At the hearing the judge told the lawyers of the family notification Castellan (Venetian of legal study) of the request for conversion of the garnishment filed last Friday in Chancery by lawyers of Fincantieri. Deposit that was the case with the simultaneous payment of 220,000 euros (20% of the compensation requested by the family, equal to 1.1 million) and with the demand for good svolcolo distrained.

With the instance was then asked the magistrate to set a hearing in which define the exact figure of compensation and fixing the deadline for the payment.

Note that the attachment can be removed only after has been paid the full amount for the compensation. The ship then could start only after the entire sum had been paid and after the judge had issued a ruling with which causes foreclosure and sorts the Capitaneria di porto di delete it from its registry.

Yesterday morning, as mentioned, was secured another hearing for tomorrow, in which precisely determine timing and amount of compensation. In the afternoon, however, there was the twist that you said. Tomorrow, a new chapter of the story, but with the ship now "free".

Edited by dmwnc1959

I'm not sure how to 'interpret' this, and what it means. It describes TWO different 'deliveries' of Regal Princess:

Sunday morning delivery then Mediterranean cruises

Delivery of the Regal Princess is scheduled for this Sunday morning, the ceremony for the delivery of the Regal Princess to the shipping company of Carnival Corporation and Princess Cruises.

The delivery will follow but ACTUAL Thursday, May 15th (no one knows yet if on that occasion there will be another ceremony).

The program for the important meeting on Sunday is being defined. It is taken for granted the presence of the ad Fincantieri, Giuseppe Bono and the "front line" management, as well as the vertices of Princess Cruises.

Still perhaps the participation of some representatives of the government, even though there are rumors about the possible presence of a Minister or a Secretary.

The ceremony will take place as stated in Monfalcone, followed in the afternoon by a "party" paid to workers who took part in the construction and their families.

Edited by dmwnc1959

Hi Dave,

Hope you are well, another great thread from yourself,

been out of action for almost a year, so can you give me a quick run down,

what is different between the Royal and The Regal,

yours Shogun

PS drop me an e mail if you want to chat

Nice invitation.

Sorry, I tried to link to that photo of Dave's that showed a mural in the Retreat pool area, at least a hint of it, but I obviously did something wrong along the way. :(

Glad to hear the delivery of the Regal is going to go as planned.

Hi Dave,

yours Shogun

Welcome back stranger!

I hope that you and Donna (and pup dog) are all doing well!

This thread has again been a wonderful team effort by so many people, so I can't take credit alone.

Some of the biggest confirmed (visually by pictures) differences on Regal Princess are:

- installation of a very large wind break forward of, and above, The Retreat that runs the width of the ship

- extension of the exhaust pipes coming out of the smokestack (hopefully this helps with the soot issues)

- the addition of a very small 'dipping pool' with a 'wet area' on Deck 17 aft, and replacing the green outdoor carpeting with the 'fake decking' seen around the main pool areas

Brian (IECalCruiser) had indicated that in a Princess Academy course there was mention of them opening up the very narrow passage behind the lifeboats, but there's been no visual confirmation.

No word on the amid ship staircase above Deck 8.

I've seen some other minor differences in large art pieces, but overall Regal Princess looks like she will be nearly identical (on the inside) to her sister.

I'm waiting on the Winter 2015/2016 schedule to open up next week to book Regal Princess for December or January. She's doing a few alternating eastern/western Caribbean itineraries that look fun!

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

The new prime minister of Italy, Matteo Renzi, who is trying to reboot the Italian economy, will be at the Sunday morning ceremony. Here is an article from today's Piccolo newspaper. Again, I touched up the translation from google translate:

"Matteo Renzi will be at Monfalcone on Sunday morning for the delivery of the "Regal Princess", the latest ship built by Fincantieri on behalf of Princess Cruises. The invitation to the head of the government has been confirmed by Fincantieri and now the security apparatus of the police is moving in.

On a visit this morning at the Italian Institute of Technology in Genoa, the premier said: 'Sunday, while at Monfalcone, I will make an announcement regarding the future of Fincantieri, which will also concern the Fincantieri establishment in Liguria.'"

And, for those that read Italian (Dave??), here is the original

Matteo Renzi sarà domenica mattina a Monfalcone per la consegna della “Regal Princess”, l’ultima nave realizzata da Fincantieri per conto di Princess Cruisess. L'invito al capo del governo è stato confermato dall'azienda e ora si sta muovendo l'apparato di sicurezza della questura.

In visita questa mattina all’Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia di Genova, il premier ha detto: «Domenica da Monfalcone annunceremo un pezzo di futuro di Fincantieri, che riguarda anche la Liguria».

Professor Joan (la professoressa!)

Hi Dave,

yours Shogun

Shogun;

Off topic, but glad to have you back. Hope all is well.....:):):)

Bob

I saw that there is going to be a new high end production show called Bravo on the Regal. Does anyone have info on that? Is it going to be a permanent production or just in Europe this summer? We are sailing on her in January on the Caribbean.

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by homeinboca

I saw that there is going to be a new high end production show called Bravo on the Regal. Does anyone have info on that? Is it going to be a permanent production or just in Europe this summer? We are sailing on her in January on the Caribbean.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron, while i don't have a definitive answer, I can almost guarantee the show will be playing in January. There were three shows specific to the Royal Princess including Spectacular (which was very good) due to the led lighting around the Princess theater and the stage technology.

Given the amount of time, resources and money spent on producing a show, Princess doesnt retire it very quickly. Looking forward to seeing Bravo and the other new production shows on the Regal.

One of the new shows on the Regal Princess is called Bravo.

"A celebration of light opera, musical theater and p'opera songs performed in an elegant stage setting. Featuring the string quartet, house orchestra, supporting musicians, our lead vocalists and a surprise guest soloist who serenade the audience through an evening of music appreciation."

Annette Wardell is one of the surprise guest soloists scheduled for select sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hi Dave

Thanks for info. Wonder if something l highlighted on the Royal ever got redesigned .

Dave Bob thanks for welcome back much has happened floods hospitals death threats

If you want to chat just e mail me

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Hi Ron, while i don't have a definitive answer, I can almost guarantee the show will be playing in January. There were three shows specific to the Royal Princess including Spectacular (which was very good) due to the led lighting around the Princess theater and the stage technology.

Given the amount of time, resources and money spent on producing a show, Princess doesnt retire it very quickly. Looking forward to seeing Bravo and the other new production shows on the Regal.

One of the new shows on the Regal Princess is called Bravo.

"A celebration of light opera, musical theater and p'opera songs performed in an elegant stage setting. Featuring the string quartet, house orchestra, supporting musicians, our lead vocalists and a surprise guest soloist who serenade the audience through an evening of music appreciation."

Annette Wardell is one of the surprise guest soloists scheduled for select sailings.

Thank you so much, makes us even more excited for our next cruise on the beautiful Regal. We loved the new theatre on the Royal when we sailed on her last summer in Europe. I also saw Ron Goodman is going to be the CD, and we enjoyed him as well. I wonder if Deputy Dan will be joining him - he was very funny.

Has Princess started using timed boarding? We have just received an email from Princess for our pre-inaugural cruise on Regal from Trieste and it gives timed boarding by deck. Is this just because there isn't the room at the Trieste terminal or is this a new innovation for the future?

Has Princess started using timed boarding? We have just received an email from Princess for our pre-inaugural cruise on Regal from Trieste and it gives timed boarding by deck. Is this just because there isn't the room at the Trieste terminal or is this a new innovation for the future?
Timed boarding suggestions have been the case for a couple of years. It's usually a suggestion and rarely enforced.

Timed boarding suggestions have been the case for a couple of years. It's usually a suggestion and rarely enforced.
It typically states that priority boarding can be done at anytime.

When the Royal started its sailings last year, bookings were near 100% months in advance.

Based on an E-mail from Princess today, the Regal is not commanding the same amount of interest and bookings.

Some examples:

7 days Maiden Med May 20

----------INTERIOR BALCONY DELUXE BALCONY MINI-SUITE

LAUNCH --$1,499 --$2,099 ---$2,299 --------$2,499

NOW ------$699 ---$1,099 ---$1,199 --------$1,299

6 Days Greek Isles May 27

LAUNCH --$1,299 ---$1,799 ------$1,849 ----------$2,149

NOW -------$599 ----------$999 --------$1,099 -------------$1,199

Some other sailings have similar savings

When the Royal started its sailings last year, bookings were near 100% months in advance.

Based on an E-mail from Princess today, the Regal is not commanding the same amount of interest and bookings.

Some examples:

7 days Maiden Med May 20

We got that e:mail too. Crazy low prices for a brand new ship.

Some examples:

7 days Maiden Med May 20

ON the flip side. Maiden Transatlantic October 2014

Midship Minisuite

Launch 3299

Currently 4319

ON the flip side. Maiden Transatlantic October 2014

Midship Minisuite

Launch 3299

Currently 4319

TAs on new ships seem to be extremely popular, plus with the deals above, it's after final payment, not so on the TA. Will be interesting to see if there are any last minute blowouts onmthenTA

THANKS PhillyCruiser for the post regarding this weekends ceremony. It will be interesting to see what happens, and what the 15th holds for Regal Princess since that's the other date that also keeps being mentioned in regards to her hand over to Princess Cruises.

And to answer your question, no I don't speak or read Italian well enough to correctly translate, so I use an online service like Chrome or Goolge. ;)

Looking forward to hearing from those on the May 16th Pre-inaugural and the May 20th Maiden Voyage!!!

:D