Looking for a good inside on the Royal. How are the sideways cabins on the Caribe

stipmom

My cabin was just forward of the center elevators. It was very quite and as someone mentioned on another thread, the lack of the air grating vent in the bottom of the door (that you'll find on Grand-class cabins) was a real 'plus' in keeping out noise from foot traffic in the corridors.

C406

By any chance do you have a pic taken from inside the bathroom looking out into the closet area? I'm trying to figure out if there would be enough room for a playpen in the floor space and still be able to get to the washroom if required.

Edited by Weluv2cruise2007

Pam I've been studying these pics and I noticed a discrepancy...the bottom one doesn't look like it could be from the same room...if you look the TV is not in the same place as the other two (and is smaller). Is this a different room?

The top two are our room on Royal L208.. I assume the other is a sideways inside on a Grand Class ship.

I may have a pic from the bathroom, I'll see what I can dig up!!

These are the only other pictures of the room I have sorry.

I really think a play pen would struggle to fit in the space as you'd probably not be able to pass it to use the bathroom!! It's been over a year since we've been on Royal so maybe somebody else can remember the room better.

These are the only other pictures of the room I have sorry.

I really think a play pen would struggle to fit in the space as you'd probably not be able to pass it to use the bathroom!! It's been over a year since we've been on Royal so maybe somebody else can remember the room better.

Thanks! Too bad they had to go and mess with the closet with that divider...in the other insides you can tuck the playpen right inside of it! This room would have been great to have the door away from where the baby sleeps - less disruptive. Guess we'll have to get a regular inside.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an older thread but it seems to contain the best Royal/Regal Sideways Interior photos I've seen and a question came to mind while looking them over. We are booked in one of these on the Aloha deck on the Regal next spring.

I don't see a space for storing your empty luggage. Anyone have a better shot showing a space suited for that?

Thanks,

Chris

I realize this is an older thread but it seems to contain the best Royal/Regal Sideways Interior photos I've seen and a question came to mind while looking them over. We are booked in one of these on the Aloha deck on the Regal next spring.

I don't see a space for storing your empty luggage. Anyone have a better shot showing a space suited for that?

Thanks,

Chris

Haven't been on the Royal Princess yet, but on other ships most suitcases can fit under the bed.

OMG, I am so glad I saw this! I am booked on C317,right behind C316, and I would have been very upset if I had this cabin for 10 days. I've already written to my TA and asked her to get me moved! Now I know why I am still the only cabin booked in that block of cabins.

Maureen

What is so bad about this? Is it the bunks on the wall?

We have booked a 20 day on the Royal for just the two of us, next year in a quad. The on board sales girl actually suggested this room (B529 a sideways room). Now I have concerns. The room next to it is just a dual.

What is so bad about this? Is it the bunks on the wall?

We have booked a 20 day on the Royal for just the two of us, next year in a quad. The on board sales girl actually suggested this room (B529 a sideways room). Now I have concerns. The room next to it is just a dual.

Yes, the bunks on the wall. Otherwise, it is a great room, imo. I currently have one(double only) on hold. Some people have mentioned that you have to watch your head. Not all interior sideways cabins have the bunks. If you go to the Deck plans and put in the number of people to 4, it will show you which rooms are for quads. If you only need a double you can choose a room without the bunk beds.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Haven't been on the Royal Princess yet, but on other ships most suitcases can fit under the bed.

I knew that was an option. We've always had plenty of room in the bottom of the closest to put ours. These smaller clothes hanging spaces looked like they wouldn't support that so I wondered if there were other similar spaces. Sounds like the answer is no, except for the under the bed space. That's ok, just wondered if that was the only place.

Thanks,

Chris