Looking for a good inside on the Royal. How are the sideways cabins on the Caribe

stipmom

I had a regular inside cabin. My friends had a sideways. Their

Cabin it's self seemed larger than mine. However my walk in

Closet area was larger than theirs. The desk in their cabin was

Longer than mine. My cabin had one light above the mirror over

The desk. Their mirror had two lights on both sides. The bulkhead

Above the desk in Dave's pictures was missing in mine.

It seems these sideways cabins are the most popular. Don't think I've ever seen a picture of a standard inside cabin on Royal Princess.

Just be sure you don't get one with an overhead bunk on each side of the bed. If I'd checked the diagrams of the cabins I would have noticed this ahead of time.

EXCELLENT point!!!

Inside quad C316 made up with a queen bed configuration

11269841476_e89eb66685_c.jpg

11269842136_927d0e331b_c.jpg

C430

11270022433_bbf63a0e6e_c.jpg

11270022443_d115b0ba25_c.jpg

EXCELLENT point!!!

11269842136_927d0e331b_c.jpg

C430

11270022433_bbf63a0e6e_c.jpg

11270022443_d115b0ba25_c.jpg

I wonder what the designers were thinking when they designed the cabins

For quads? I could be wrong but I don't ever remember sailing in a

Cabin that the bunks were not recessed into the ceiling and out of the

Way. So buyer beware. If you don't need a cabin for more than two make

Sure you don't book one.

They have these pull down bunks from the side wall on other ships. I remember one on the Emerald, E512 (OV-OB) where my DD and SIL kept hitting their head, since those cabins weren't quite as wide as these sideways Royal cabins. But I notice the Princess website doesn't note whether the uppers come out of the ceiling or out of the sidewalls. Could be a nasty surprise.

• 3 weeks later...
I have C329 on the Royal in September. On our October cruise, I met some new friends who had this cabin. They said that the only noise was a constant "white noise" from the air vent in back of the cabin. Since it was a constant sound, it didn't bother them. My sister had M525 on our October cruise and the banging and noise from the Horizon Court started early in the morning and went until late at night. I was down the hall in a balcony cabin and the noise from above started at 3am... it was awful.

Hi Pam,

My husband and I are planning a cruise on the Royal for next year. We have never stayed in an inside and are wondering if there are plenty of public spaces to sit/watch the view on the Royal. We aren't necessarily loungers but we do enjoy watching out for wildlife.

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...

So, Big thanks to all who posted pictures of these nice-looking inside cabins!

I have a question though... in Pam's pictures there appears to be a small desk area to the side of the bed (in addition to the other desk/TV space) while in all of the others, the bed only has a night stand on each side. Which cabin number has the extra width that would allow for that extra space for the desk and chair? Pam... could you post the number of the cabin that your picture of the bed was from? Upon closer scrutiny it actually looks like the picture of the bed is from a different cabin...? The carpet is different, the color of the bed covering is different, ...?

So, Big thanks to all who posted pictures of these nice-looking inside cabins!

I have a question though... in Pam's pictures there appears to be a small desk area to the side of the bed (in addition to the other desk/TV space) while in all of the others, the bed only has a night stand on each side. Which cabin number has the extra width that would allow for that extra space for the desk and chair? Pam... could you post the number of the cabin that your picture of the bed was from? Upon closer scrutiny it actually looks like the picture of the bed is from a different cabin...? The carpet is different, the color of the bed covering is different, ...?

The picture with the desk on the side is of a different ship. One of the Grand class ships perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked our first inside cabin after always having balconies. Needed to save some money this time! This thread has been reassuring.

Does anyone know if there are sideways inside cabins on the Ruby?

We booked C520.... Caribe deck. Any opinions would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm for me whether A529 on the Regal is a "sideways" inside like you're describing? I noticed in the pics the closet does not back on to the desk/mirror but is instead near the door. In the non sideways rooms, is the closet still back on to the desk? I'm asking because we're travelling with a baby and would prefer the closet to back on to the desk so there is less light (the crib tucks nicely into the closet!)

Can anyone confirm for me whether A529 on the Regal is a "sideways" inside like you're describing? I noticed in the pics the closet does not back on to the desk/mirror but is instead near the door. In the non sideways rooms, is the closet still back on to the desk? I'm asking because we're travelling with a baby and would prefer the closet to back on to the desk so there is less light (the crib tucks nicely into the closet!)

Haven't been in it but deck plans show it as a sideways cabin with pull down beds (houses up to four in the room).

I see in the photos of the sideways rooms that there seems to be a solid divider in the closets...does anyone know if the divider is also in the closets of the "regular" insides? I don't recall it being there on the Royal. It's a factor as I want to be sure we can still fit the playpen in that area.

I see in the photos of the sideways rooms that there seems to be a solid divider in the closets...does anyone know if the divider is also in the closets of the "regular" insides? I don't recall it being there on the Royal. It's a factor as I want to be sure we can still fit the playpen in that area.

I haven't been in an inside on the Royal but I've been in two different mini-suites. One had the divider, then other did not (the rooms were differently configured though).

Hi Pam' date='

The last picture doesn't look like the sideways I've seen. Which cabin is that?[/quote']

It is a sideways on the Royal. See the door to the hallway located on the left near the end of the bed.

Edited by caribill

EXCELLENT point!!!

[/img][/url]

OMG, I am so glad I saw this! I am booked on C317,right behind C316, and I would have been very upset if I had this cabin for 10 days. I've already written to my TA and asked her to get me moved! Now I know why I am still the only cabin booked in that block of cabins.

Maureen

OMG, I am so glad I saw this! I am booked on C317,right behind C316, and I would have been very upset if I had this cabin for 10 days. I've already written to my TA and asked her to get me moved! Now I know why I am still the only cabin booked in that block of cabins.

Maureen

I have been moved to a double right next to the cabin I had (which is this dreaded quad). Thank you SOOOO much for posting this picture.

Maureen

There is no divider in the closet of the regular inside cabins on the Royal.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason the link below to the deck plan defaults to the promenade deck. On the upper left change the deck to the Lido. As you see the inside cabins in the middle are sideways. That is how they will look on the other decks also.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RP

Edited by janetz

• 2 weeks later...
Dave has gone to bed. :) Here are the photos I have:

e3ube6e6.jpg

ate3ejy9.jpg

qa5a4ahe.jpg

Pam I've been studying these pics and I noticed a discrepancy...the bottom one doesn't look like it could be from the same room...if you look the TV is not in the same place as the other two (and is smaller). Is this a different room?