Do Kids travel free all of the time or only on special sailings?

Into Cruising

I can nto seem to find an answer. We are thinking of the Divinia, for a family of 4. I see it says kids go free, but when I run the cruise through the web site, it does nto come out like they are free. What am I missing?

We just booked the october4 specials over the phone last week. Was initially given a price where my 2 year old was also charged. But then I mentioned the kids sail free and the MSC rep said he will let my 2 year old sail for free. He only charged my son the $125 port fee and tax. Looks like the people at MSC has the power to give you the kids sail free benefit when asked. A few hours before my booking I called vacations to go and they said MSC did not offer kids sail free for that sailing so I called MSC directly. Just call and ask!

Edited by Jzx1103

We just booked the october4 specials over the phone last week. Was initially given a price where my 2 year old was also charged. But then I mentioned the kids sail free and the MSC rep said he will let my 2 year old sail for free. He only charged my son the $125 port fee and tax. Looks like the people at MSC has the power to give you the kids sail free benefit when asked. A few hours before my booking I called vacations to go and they said MSC did not offer kids sail free for that sailing so I called MSC directly. Just call and ask!

We are on the 4 Oct cruise as well and our daughter who will be 14 at the time is only paying port fees.

I have attached the link for the roll call for you as well.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959880

Judith

Children 11 and under sail free when sailing as 3rd / 4th guests in the same stateroom as two full-fare paying guests based on Early Booking Rates excluding MSC Yacht Club.

Regards,

Is that only true for the USA market ?, because on the UK web site the third person (a child) is listed as FREE, and in the Yacht Club, on a dummy booking for a March Sailing on Divina. I assume the £120 is to cover port fees and taxes which are not included in the FREE part of the child fares. And there are considered to be a child until they are 18 and it has no exclusions for any sailings, cabin types or times of year.(see the second image of page 32 of the UK online virtual brochure)

It may well be better for US families to book via a UK travel agent if they have 2 children between the ages of 12 and 17

frechild.jpg

kisfree.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Unfortunately in the US, it's only available for children aged 11 and under. We previously took advantage of it when the kids were younger, but now they've grown out of the age range.

Celebrat

Have you thought of booking via a UK Travel agent??

I can nto seem to find an answer. We are thinking of the Divinia, for a family of 4. I see it says kids go free, but when I run the cruise through the web site, it does nto come out like they are free. What am I missing?

Only in the USA.

I just talked with an agent. Kids sail free is a promotion, so if there is another promotion that is over all cheaper then the kids will show a charge.

For example the " hot deal" promotion shows a charge for kids, but is still cheaper then kids sail free promotion.

Yep my kids are paying almost $700 for the yc at christmas. Tried a mock booking at msc uk but it wouldn't allow it and no I had not considered using a uk ta ... but it might work.

So excludes yc is for sure. The kids are a small amount of the overall cost.

Hi We are travelling with our 14 year old daughter we are in the yc and she is being charged £225 although I have just done a dummy booking for our dates and it is now saying £120 but our price has gone up by £700 each.

Judith

Yep my kids are paying almost $700 for the yc at christmas. Tried a mock booking at msc uk but it wouldn't allow it and no I had not considered using a uk ta ... but it might work.

So excludes yc is for sure. The kids are a small amount of the overall cost.

I don't think the UK travel agent thing would work, as I believe the fares are based on your country of origin.

Let us know though, if you do try.

CeleBrat

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked MSC Dvina two days ago sailing from Miami on Christmas week. Kids under 11 free but have to pay port fee and tax $49 + $287 = $336 per kid (5 and 8) :D, adult pay $779 + 287 = $1066. I have balcony state room on 8th floor. Total cost for 4 of us is $2800. Not a bad price for sailing on Christmas week. i comapred to other ship, 4 people sail on Christmas holiday will cost at least $4000 for balcony state room.

This is 9th cruises but 2nd time with MSC. If you ask me how I like MSC ? honestly say, if I have to pay for the kids, I will not choose MSC. My 1st cruise with MSC was back in 2010 have mix experience. Ship was beautiful, Shows was good, food just so so. Biggest complain was not allow to fill water using you own water bottle :mad:. I think rule has change a little the past few years. MSC work hard and make it more like American ship. I still have 7 months to change my mind :confused: