Solo cruising - lowest single supplements?

fraj1

Can anyone advise which of the cruise lines are the best value for solos? i.e. lowest single supplements?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you are really flexible in the time and location of your cruises, there are sales that have very low solo supplements -- zero to 50%. But that's only on some cruises at some times.

I think the best value, generally speaking, for solos is Crystal, which offers the lowest percentage solo supplement across the board on all voyages (25% for outside cabins, 35% for balcony cabins). However, it is not the cheapest for solos, as Crystal is a luxury line and has "all inclusive" pricing. But there are some voyages where I could travel on a luxury line (Crystal) for almost the same cost as the same trip on a mass-market line

Can anyone advise which of the cruise lines are the best value for solos? i.e. lowest single supplements?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There really is no best cruise line. Single supplements can vary based on Supply and Demand with most of actually being 200% . The trick is to constantly check all cruise lines and when you fine something that fits your budget book it.

There are a few ships that have cabins specifically for singles such as :

• NCL - Epic and Getaway ships have studio cabins that have no supplement.
  • RCCL - Quantum, Radiance, Brillance and Seranade have single interior cabins. With regards to the Radiance. Brillance and Seranade there's only about 3 per ship. Don't know how many the Quantum has.
  • Carnival - does not specifically have singles but its 1A cabin category are sometimes a good deal even with the single supplement .

In my opinion "best value" and "lowest supplement" are two different questions.

As a frequent solo traveler, I gave up worrying about the so-called "supplement" long ago. Instead, I simply shop for opportunities that fit my budget, typically up to $200/day (including any "supplement").

In my view the "studio" cabins that are now available on some lines may not be that good of a deal, as the pricing (without supplement) often looks not that much different than a regular cabin (with supplement). In my opinion it's simply a marketing gimmick, but if it works for you, that's cool. ;-)

If you look carefully..many cruises not fully booked now have deals in many cabin categories with 50 percent or less supplement. We can not give any other online agencies but some help sort out current cruises for sale for less than 200 % a single deals section.Just think cabin price..total cabin price. The studios are tiny on the big newer Norwegian ships but offer special perks in the shared living room and sign up for different restaurant dinners etc. for dining companions on the feestyle way they do it.

Yes..Crystal is the best percent wise..but is way more expensive per cabin usually...unless comparing nicer top cabins on mass market with them and you drink and specialty dine every night.. One of my dreams is a Crystal cruise. I have a friend who has adored them and cruised them as her favorite for a long time.

I find deals between 800 and 1350 including taxes for 6 to 8 days with searching and dreaming all the time around 30 days out...on Holland America, Carnival, Princess, NCL and Royal.

Usually an inside or obstructed view outside...look at deck plans carefully so you are not under or over a dance band or lido bar chair area with no carpet.

Right now however..Carnival really has a lot of sales...and a an affordable solo balcony is not out of the question.

Edited by sjn911