Southern caribbean in September

I've been researching a cruise for my mom, sister and myself for September of 2015 ( or thereabouts) and am thinking about the southern caribbean, but I haven't seen if royal does southern caribbean that time of year. Have I missed something, or do they not go to that region in that time period? :confused:

I've been researching a cruise for my mom, sister and myself for September of 2015 ( or thereabouts) and am thinking about the southern caribbean, but I haven't seen if royal does southern caribbean that time of year. Have I missed something, or do they not go to that region in that time period? :confused:

Royal does southern Caribbean year round from San Juan. I do not believe that they have posted any schedules out of San Juan past April 2015. Stay tuned, it should be out within the next month or so.

Seve

Tail end of hurricane season so could be hit or miss with rain/storms but the temps and water should be very nice!

Just as a foot note, while I realize that the departure would be from San Juan which is in the hurricane zone, some of the more popular destinations in the furthest southern region such as Barbados, Curacao, and Aruba are below the hurricane zone, so that would not be a concern for those particular locations.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We did southern caribbean in October two years ago. The weather was perfect. The caribbean gets really humid and we found September to be a bit much. The last few cruises, we have done October/early November and found the weather to be perfect. It's in the low 80s, but with the humidity it feels more like 85-90. So much more tolerable for us. :)

Just as a foot note, while I realize that the departure would be from San Juan which is in the hurricane zone, some of the more popular destinations in the furthest southern region such as Barbados, Curacao, and Aruba are below the hurricane zone, so that would not be a concern for those particular locations.

Thank you for that! I live in Florida so hurricane season is always in the back of my mind and I know the Caribbean is always vulnerable to that also. Wasn't thinking about the deep south part that isn't normally affected by it.