Port Canaveral - drop off bags and then return car?

Peggyd.73

My friend and I are cruising on Freedom next week and will be renting a car the day before. While not my first cruise, this will be my first time dealing with a rental car return.

Is it acceptable to drop off large luggage with porters and then leave port to return car? I'm thinking it would be easier to do this and not have to deal with multiple transfers of the big bags -- but I don't want to run into any issues with security guards.

I also thought of leaving my friend at port and returning car on my own - would that be a better option?

thanks for your help!

My friend and I are cruising on Freedom next week and will be renting a car the day before. While not my first cruise, this will be my first time dealing with a rental car return.

Is it acceptable to drop off large luggage with porters and then leave port to return car? I'm thinking it would be easier to do this and not have to deal with multiple transfers of the big bags -- but I don't want to run into any issues with security guards.

I also thought of leaving my friend at port and returning car on my own - would that be a better option?

thanks for your help!

It's perfectly fine to drop off bags and then return the car. This is what we usually do.

It might be a bit confusing, but you must take a ticket and enter the parking lot structure. You pass through the structure directly to the exit and you will be directed to the luggage drop off area. There is no charge, you get an hour grace period.

Edited by clarea

Drop bags off then both go return the car. No need to separate for just the two of you. Just adds stress in my opinion.

Yes, if only 2 people this is fine but in my case we had 7 of us so 2 took the rental back and the other 5 stayed with the carryons.