Let's set sail with (smuggled) captain Morgan...

Mamatothree

When using Rum Runners in checked luggage - make sure you don't have anything else in the luggage that maybe wierd looking. Last year in Port Canaveral we had 2 rum runners in 3 different suitcases - unfortunately I had also packed some extra metal hangers in my suitcase & sure enough, mine got to the room later than the rest with the nice letter saying basically ha, ha we caught you - hangers were fine, but they confiscated the rum runners.

I've learned my lesson - pack the rum runners in a suitcase with clothes/shoes only!!!

We used rum runners last time we cruised. We bought the cruise pack. We just packaged the booze in our checked luggage and it all arrived intact. Funny, because we didn't drink a drop of it. Lol

We sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale in September on an 8 day cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We plan to bring a small amount of alcohol (above and beyond the 1 bottle of wine pp) on board.

Save any lectures, please; we bring soda & candy to the movies too.

So my question is: do they physically search your carryons or just X-ray them? Mine has a hidden zipper under the liner ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are too cute!:p

But on a serious note, I need a new microwave; I'm wearing this one out!!!:eek::D

Another helpful hint for the Rum runners- Squeeze all the air out after filling them and pack them with your toiletries in your checked luggage. Distribute your smuggled spirits amongst all pieces of your checked luggage so if one gets checked and you get caught, you will still have other liquor for your needs. We also use the shamp-booze bottles, which work fabulously. My rumrunners have made it on 7 cruises undetected and are getting ready for their 8th voyage in a month!! :D

Great question...so first cruise in 2007 I packed it in my checked luggage with no problems....in 2010 my liquor was confiscated and returned upon disembark. In 2011, we got smarter...placed vodka in vitamin water bottles and since I like cranberry in my vodka, I mixed it in the bottles and viola......put it in my carry on and happy sailings :thumbup:

Sent via my mobile phone

Edited by tricy99

We plan to bring a small amount of alcohol (above and beyond the 1 bottle of wine pp) on board.

Save any lectures, please; we bring soda & candy to the movies too.

So my question is: do they physically search your carryons or just X-ray them? Mine has a hidden zipper under the liner ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If she's got a rum runner hidden in the liner (accessible only by a hidden zipper), how could they find that? Something may show up on the x-ray, but after searching her bag and seeing no alcohol, won't they just let her go on her way?

Especially if the rum runner is positioned well...they'll just assume it it was something else in her bag that wasn't alcohol.

depends on the port....

We always send one suitcase through with a case of water.

It would take nothing to replace a couple with vodka/gin/moonshine, whatever floats you boat.

In Galveston last December the people in front of us had a case of water, the security guys looked at every single bottle:eek:

Edited by pspercy