Dinner with the Officers on the Dawn

John Bean

On what night is the dinner with the officers on the Dawn conducted for those who are selected to attend?

I'm curious if they even do this anymore...The last time we were able to do this was on our Honeymoon Cruise in October of 2012. We had a wonderful dinner with Hugo, a great Hotel Director! Fascinating conversation and lots of insight on how things were run.

Each cruise since, we've asked Guest Services and they've said it wasn't offered on that sailing.

Has anyone been able to dine with an officer on Norwegian recently?

I'm curious about this one as well. I'm going to be on the Gem next year and wondered if they still offered this. The last time I did this I attended the M & G where we were invited to sign up for dinner with an officer. I think pretty much everyone that attended the M & G were successful in getting a spot at one of the tables. Is this still happening on NCL?

It was offered at the M&G last week on Jewel. We didn't sign up so I can't say which night the actual dinner was held.

Last spring I ended up signing up at the M&G on the Jewel and was selected. Ended up seated with the Captain. Very pleasant dinner discussion. Sorry I don't remember which night it was. It was towards the end of the cruise. They had a number of seats allocate to those attending the Cruse Critic M&G.

We were just on the Dawn in January. We had dinner with the Hotel Director. It was on the day we were in Belize - Wednesday. We had a wonderful time and met some awesome people.

Thanks. We didn't want to book a specialty restaurant on the same night on the chance we are selected.

IMHO it is best to go to the M&G if this is of interest to you. On the Dawn they had all M&G attendees sign up if they were interested and those that did were allocated to different officers. We were very lucky to be chosen to dine with the Security officer and it was one of the highlight of my cruising experience. He and his wife, who happened to be on board for that cruise, were a DELIGHT. Loved it.

Onboard Norwegian EPIC as I type this reply . . .

I can't speak for all the ships, but either starting this current week (or perhaps a couple of cruises earlier) Norwegian EPIC has discontinued this offering.

It was printed in the embarkation Freestyle Daily that is was no longer offered on this particular ship.

When we were on the Dawn last fall, it was offered. Since it was a B2B (14 days), we had a choice of 2 dinners.

We must've been the last to sign up since we got the Gift Shop Manager and the Spa Manager. I didn't even think these two were "officers". It was held in one of the dining rooms and was OK, not great by any means.

Onboard Norwegian EPIC as I type this reply . . .

I can't speak for all the ships, but either starting this current week (or perhaps a couple of cruises earlier) Norwegian EPIC has discontinued this offering.

It was printed in the embarkation Freestyle Daily that is was no longer offered on this particular ship.

Shoot, I'm sorry to hear this news. We had a great dinner in the MDR on the Star last Sept with the Food & Beverage Mgr. I don't think it had anything to do with our Meet & Greet. We "signed up" with Guest Services after seeing the offer in one of the dailies. It was a really nice dinner with terrific MDR service and they picked up the wine tab.

Gosh, I hope they don't discontinue this across the board. I was really hoping to have a chance to do this on the Breakaway in May. Very few things are left to remind us of the old days of cruising. I still do a little happy dance when boarding while silently singing The Love Boat to myself. Oh yeah, and I still like to dress up for dinner. :o