Box lunches

smitty4971

Hi everyone!

Was wondering if anyone out there had any CURRENT, SPECIFIC information regarding whether or not Celebrity still offered the option of taking a box lunch off the ship during a port stop?

We did this years ago, but was not sure if they still did it. We are chartering a sailboat in Grand Cayman and would rather not pay to cater lunch aboard.

I realize everyone has an opinion. But I'm really hoping for someone who has some recent experience with this issue.

Thanks!!

I don't know if the cruise ship will do that for you anymore.However,

I live on Grand Cayman and would be happy to help. There is a Subway to your left as you get off the dock, across the street. If you would like a nicer, island style lunch to go, with no hassle, I would ask your driver to stop by Kirk's Market. It is probably on the way to your sailboat. You can not buy beer or wine there, but there are plenty of package stores along the street. Have a great time!

Hi everyone!

Was wondering if anyone out there had any CURRENT, SPECIFIC information regarding whether or not Celebrity still offered the option of taking a box lunch off the ship during a port stop?

We did this years ago, but was not sure if they still did it. We are chartering a sailboat in Grand Cayman and would rather not pay to cater lunch aboard.

I realize everyone has an opinion. But I'm really hoping for someone who has some recent experience with this issue.

Thanks!!

Hi,:) how long ago was it? I have been to the Caribbean many times

over the past 10 years and have never seen boxed lunches. I was

just on a Caribbean cruise last week for 11 nights and never heard

or saw anything about them.

I believe there are many restrictions nowadays about removing

any food from the ship (other than something pre-packaged)....

for example, if you bring a granola bar...that would be permitted.

Depending on the time of your excursion? A big breakfast before

you leave the ship.....or as you mentioned, a catered lunch on board

your charter (which sounds good to me;))

I don't know if the cruise ship will do that for you anymore.However,

I live on Grand Cayman and would be happy to help. There is a Subway to your left as you get off the dock, across the street. If you would like a nicer, island style lunch to go, with no hassle, I would ask your driver to stop by Kirk's Market. It is probably on the way to your sailboat. You can not buy beer or wine there, but there are plenty of package stores along the street. Have a great time!

Thanks for your reply!

The boat we're going out on is at The Cayman Yacht Club. The Captain mentioned possibly stopping at "Fosters" to get something. Would you recommend Kirk's over Fosters?

Hi, I would definitely recommend Kirk's! It is larger, clean and has a nice little deli area. Foster's is fine, but I shop at Kirk's most of the time. Larger selection. You will go right by my house. I am across from the Public Beach. I hope you have a wonderful time! Kiss the sting rays for me!

Hi, I would definitely recommend Kirk's! It is larger, clean and has a nice little deli area. Foster's is fine, but I shop at Kirk's most of the time. Larger selection. You will go right by my house. I am across from the Public Beach. I hope you have a wonderful time! Kiss the sting rays for me!

Thanks again for your help. Foster's actually had an area on their website where you could pre-order party trays. I'm going to see if Kirk's has something similar to that.

It was probably a little over 10 years ago when we got the box lunches. It was on a cruise to Mexico.

We've never had a box lunch offered to us by Celebrity or any other cruise line.

When we took a Mayan Ruins tour (thru the ship), there was a box lunch but it was provided by the tour operator .... not the ship.

LuLu

~~~~

We were on the Solstice in November 2012, on a B2B. The ship had been plagued with the noro virus for a few cruises in a row and between our Mediterranean cruise and the following TA all B2B passengers were provided with a free tour in Barcelona. This was to have everyone was off the ship so that they could attempt to get rid of the virus with a big clean and disinfect (it was not very successful I might add). I believe there were about 400 of us B2Bers, and we were all provided with boxed lunches.

I have never heard of boxed lunches other than this one time.

We were on the Solstice in November 2012, on a B2B. The ship had been plagued with the noro virus for a few cruises in a row and between our Mediterranean cruise and the following TA all B2B passengers were provided with a free tour in Barcelona. This was to have everyone was off the ship so that they could attempt to get rid of the virus with a big clean and disinfect (it was not very successful I might add). I believe there were about 400 of us B2Bers, and we were all provided with boxed lunches.

I have never heard of boxed lunches other than this one time.

Lol.

If that's what it takes to get a box lunch these days, I'd rather go hungry.

Everyone else. Thank you for you're imput, but please consider this thread closed.