Delta FF Changes A Sign of Thing to Come for C&A?

GMoney

Just imagine if everyone had to spend a certain amount or cruise a certain amount each year to maintain their level

as a retired delta employee this new policy should have been done 40 years ago

The airline ff program is so much different than the cruise program

as a retired delta employee this new policy should have been done 40 years ago

The airline ff program is so much different than the cruise program

Like .. I wish I could convert my 2 million airline miles into free cruises :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by bigeagle12

The dollar amount on Holland is $300. For every increment you get an extra "point" on their system. Not too bad since it includes excursions through the cruise line and all on board spending except for tips.

I like this!!! Come on Royal-get in the game!!:)

I am a Southwest Frequent traveler, and really like the new program that they have. The best thing about it is that you earn points based on a multiplier on how much you spend depending on the cost of the fare.

But even better is that the price for a ticket in points is simply a larger multiplier of the fare cost.

Example: If you spend $100 on a regular ticket, you get 600 pts. $ * 6 = # pts earned

If you have 6000 points, you can typically get a ticket which normally costs $100 before taxes and government fees. The multiplier for redemption is 60.

So if I only have enough for a one way ticket, I can use the free points for one direction of travel, and pay for the return.

OTOH for cruises, I think that Celebrity's system is pretty good. Since they are rewarding loyalty, they should give more points for a better cabin. I always thought that the 1 pt per cruise system was terrible since if you took a 4 night and a 10 night you got the same number of points.

I like the idea of having points based on dollars spent on both the cabins and onboard expenses. I always have to book out pretty far in advance so miss the deals so it would help me. And lets face it, it is all about me :D

As for comments about the rich and income inequality etc. If you are on these boards talking cruising and have been on cruises, you are part of the 'rich' class. Let it go.

First, shame on Delta. I won't go into the reasons since it isn't the place on this board.

Having said that, the difference is that Delta is seeking to be the Cunard of the airline industry in focusing on the high end flyer.

RCCL will never be the Cunard of the industry and will never try to be. Cunard is already out there and Celebrity is RCCL's higher end product.

A few months ago, thousands of posts could be found here predicting massive changes in RCCL's program in January. Guess what folks? They never happened!

Shame on delta!!!!!! why for doing the right thing. it should have been done some 40 years ago. is is far that a person that spends 200 dollars for a ticket get the same points or miles that someone that spends 1000 dollars for a ticket. Just think about it.

Shame on delta!!!!!! why for doing the right thing. it should have been done some 40 years ago. is is far that a person that spends 200 dollars for a ticket get the same points or miles that someone that spends 1000 dollars for a ticket. Just think about it.

Yes, if it is fair for the same seat. Different point s for first, business, and coach would be better. Why single out the vacationer that books early and gets a good deal vs the last minute business traveler that pays full fare.

BTW - I have over 1.7 million mile with Delta and I am that last minute business traveler.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by bigeagle12

I don't have a problem with extra points being given based on on board spending but I don't think that's an indication of loyalty. Booking the cruise line over and over is they loyalty. Once you are on board, if you want to buy something you have to buy it from the cruise line. There's no "loyalty" in that.

I like the idea of having points based on dollars spent on both the cabins and onboard expenses. I always have to book out pretty far in advance so miss the deals so it would help me. And lets face it, it is all about me :D

As for comments about the rich and income inequality etc. If you are on these boards talking cruising and have been on cruises, you are part of the 'rich' class. Let it go.

Not really. My family is comfortable, but I do not consider myself “rich”. You can book a cruise for $50/day PP. In fact for my cruise coming up, we were actually just going to stay in FLL for a week. When I added up the hotel and the rental car and food expense, the cruise was cheaper per day so we decided to cruise. We do not usually book balconies or suites. Five day cruise for 2 people OV with taxes and insurance was less than $800. Add airfare (which surprisingly we used FF miles for so was cheap), one night hotel, and some extras onboard and I do not consider that a vacation only the rich can afford.

So if I am part of the rich class I should not care about anyone else? Being rich does not give people the right to not care about other human beings that are not as well off financially as they are. Income inequality is a serious problem, in the US and elsewhere. If you follow the news you will see that many economists have pointed out the many dangers of this situation. I feel very lucky to be in a situation to take decent vacations and cruise some. However, I am able to do that because the cost is in the hundreds of dollars for us. If the costs were in the thousands of dollars, as travel appears to be heading, we would not be so lucky to take nice vacations, as we could not afford it.

In 2015, Delta will start awarding frequent flyer rewards based on fare cost. i can't imagine this has gone unnoticed by the C&A folks. Imagine the uproar the RCI made a similar change...

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/26/delta-skymiles-frequent-flier/?hpt=hp_t3

JetBlue had a FF system like this originally. Plus the points expired annually. Now they use mileage. ..but for how long??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk