Jewel

neeko

Having never sailed on RCCL we re wondering which cabin on this ship provides a larger then normal balcony.

Aft balconies are larger, and also the balconies at the ends of the hump (part of the ship that extends out from the hull, around the centrum).

Having never sailed on RCCL we re wondering which cabin on this ship provides a larger then normal balcony.

There are a few ocean view balconies mid ship on Jewel that have a larger balcony. However, the deck plans can be deceiving. As an example, we were in 1558--it appears to have a larger balcony, but in actuality, it didn't. Maybe because it was next to the Royal Suite. What we found were a few more square feet of interior space.

However, someone on our roll call had the cabin 1056 on the opposite side of the ship, and they reported having a larger balcony, which also had a lounger.

You may want to also look at 9092, 0r 9078--if you are looking for a larger balcony in the ocean view balcony category. Since the search function is still not operating, you may want to try "googling" those cabin numbers and see if you can link to any recent reports.

#9576 and 9076...both with larger than standard balconies which are not deep and narrow, but rather shaped sort of like a very large pie wedge if that makes any sense??!! We like #9576 very much and the location is great and the cabin is quiet.:)

If you look at the deck plans, while not "to scale", they are very representative of what you'll get! You can see which balconies are larger, especially on the "hump" area. And, of course, the aft cabins (facing the wake) have deeper than normal balconies.

On deck 7, there are some "extended" balconies, but you give up some privacy there, as the dividers don't go all the way to the railing! So, you're separated from your neighbor by only a railing for about 2 ft.

Deck 7 rooms:

7014-7046

7514-7546

7152-7170

7652-7670

All of these rooms have larger than normal balconies. But have obstructed views directly down to the sea!

RadE1Rear.jpg

Sorry but these as pictured above would be my least favorite option on the Radiance class ships....My favorite is of course the JS #1100 or any of the true afts...Love this class of RCI ship and have sailed on them many times.

Sorry but these as pictured above would be my least favorite option on the Radiance class ships....My favorite is of course the JS #1100 or any of the true afts...Love this class of RCI ship and have sailed on them many times.

Oh I agree...much larger balcony but NO PRIVACY! It is one of the trade off's for those balconies.

If you look at the deck plans, while not "to scale", they are very representative of what you'll get! You can see which balconies are larger, especially on the "hump" area. And, of course, the aft cabins (facing the wake) have deeper than normal balconies.

On deck 7, there are some "extended" balconies, but you give up some privacy there, as the dividers don't go all the way to the railing! So, you're separated from your neighbor by only a railing for about 2 ft.

Actually, I will beg to differ with you on this. I did look at the deck plans, and had a lengthy conversation with an RCI cruise planner when we booked our cabin 1558 on the Jewel. We were told the balcony was much larger than the standard ocean view. In fact, what we got were a few square feet extra inside the room, and the balcony was "standard" size. Hence why I recommended that the OP get a first hand account from someone who has stayed in one of these cabins. Some look larger, and are.....some are not. While we enjoyed our location and balcony, it was not what we had expected, so a good idea to do your research upfront and get feedback from those who have actually stayed in one of these cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app